• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP to announce entire slate of candidates over coming fortnight

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]The People's Action Party will also announce which Members of Parliament will be stepping down ahead of the coming General Election.[/h]

ng-eng-hend.jpg

SINGAPORE: The People’s Action Party will be announcing its entire slate of candidates for the coming General Election over the coming fortnight, before the National Day Rally takes place on Aug 23. The MPs who will retire before the GE will also be announced, said party Organising Secretary Dr Ng Eng Hen.

“Over the next two weeks, till the National Day Rally or so, PAP will be making a number of announcements," said Dr Ng on Monday (Aug 10).

"First of retiring MPs, which we have started this week, and I would say I’m very happy with the way some announcements have come through. It was a much better way of announcing retirements. A much more deliberate and dignified way of announcing retirements, and I'm very glad about the reception that we’ve had and we’ll continue that up to the Rally or so.

"Second, we will be introducing new candidates. Not only who they are, but where they are standing; what they have done in the constituency in which they are standing in the last one, two, some even more than two years.”

Added the Defence Minister: "Third, in line with that, we’ll be introducing the whole slate to the constituency. This is a radical change - in other words, whereas previously we only announced the whole slate of candidates on Nomination Day, we’re telling you who’s going to stand well before Nomination Day, whatever day that comes. “

Dr Ng said this strategy was adopted following feedback from residents in the last GE.

“We believe that this is better politics. It’s better to tell the residents up front who is standing in their constituency so they can examine on record, what candidates have done, can do and they can make intelligent choices after examining whoever the political parties who are standing, who can better serve them," he said.

"We feel that for the PAP, this is a better way of doing it and I think the residents will prefer that approach and we’ll be starting soon, after this holiday weekend is over.”

Dr Ng visited houses in Jalan Dusun on Monday morning, together with other current Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC MPs Zainudin Nordin, Josephine Teo and Hri Kumar.

Mr Wong Kan Seng was not present.

Potential PAP candidates Saktiaandi Supaat, Chong Hee Kiong and Chee Hong Tat were also seen accompanying the MPs on the house visits.

Jalan Dusun was formerly part of the Moulmein-Kallang GRC, which was dissolved by the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee, and has since been absorbed into Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC.

- CNA/ek

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"First of retiring MPs, which we have started this week, and I would say I’m very happy with the way some announcements have come through. It was a much better way of announcing retirements. A much more deliberate and dignified way of announcing retirements, and I'm very glad about the reception that we’ve had and we’ll continue that up to the Rally or so."

What cock talking he?
What's the better way?
Via FB?
Via National Day dinners?
Via programmed release of candidates' name?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They look like they haven't even got the full team ready yet,
so they are flying by the seat of their pants when they say
that they be announcing candidates over the next two weeks.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"First of retiring MPs, which we have started this week, and I would say I’m very happy with the way some announcements have come through. It was a much better way of announcing retirements. A much more deliberate and dignified way of announcing retirements, and I'm very glad about the reception that we’ve had and we’ll continue that up to the Rally or so."

What cock talking he?
What's the better way?
Via FB?
Via National Day dinners?
Via programmed release of candidates' name?

DC0487.jpg

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
how cum Wong KS has not stepped down???????????????????
money's too good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before election is called, they already announce candidates.

I dare the PAP to allow 1 month of campaigning. They won't because they won't want sinkees to know.

Opposition ...please educate sinkees now. Time to whack the PAP big with the truth.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BARGAIN HEN: As I keep saying, I will tell you who the rest of the candidates are as soon as I have the list. But rest assured, I will be in a big GRC.

FAS FCUK UP ZAINUDDIN: But my messing up football in SG has nothing to do with my incompetence. It is the footballers' fault.

VASE JO TEO: If everyone decides to vote on the same day, then we will have a problem.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transfer window shutting soon. All the players long term contracts being settled. All the players that need to exit r being 'offloaded' to other orgs

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't need to know which PAP minister is going to be running in my district because I am NOT going to vote for them. Only interested to know about the opposition because that is who I'll be voting for.