• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Over $2.6 million counterfeit electronics seized at Sim Lim and Jurong East*

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://news.asiaone.com/news/crime/...it-electronics-seized-sim-lim-and-jurong-east

Counterfeit items seized include laptop power adaptors, batteries, hard drives, DVD-ROMs, LCD screens, computer software as well as mobile phone accessories such as phone casings and power banks.

Photo: Singapore Police Force*SINGAPORE - Around 25,200 counterfeit products with an estimated street value of S$2,647,800 have been seized by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), in simultaneous raids at Sim Lim Square and Jurong East.*The police said in a statement Wednesday that four men and two women, aged between 19 and 33, were arrested for their suspected involvement in the sales of counterfeit computer parts and mobile phone accessories.Counterfeit items seized include laptop power adaptors, batteries, hard drives, DVD-ROMs, LCD screens, computer software as well as mobile phone accessories such as phone casings and power banks.Deputy Commissioner of Police (Investigations & Intelligence) concurrent Director CID, Tan Chye Hee said: "Police take a serious view of intellectual property right (IPR) infringements and will not hesitate to take action against perpetrators who showed blatant disregard for our IPR laws."Persons found guilty of selling or distributing infringing goods with falsely applied trade mark may be fined up to a maximum of $100,000, or an imprisonment term which may extend to five years, or [email protected]ce:*Over $2.6 million counterfeit electronics seized at Sim Lim and Jurong East, AsiaOne Crime News

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember buying an acer power adapter for my laptop which cost me $20. the adapter has all the acer labels like a real one. the first shop i went to told me it's original but the second shop i went to told me it's chiong one but i was impressed as the fake one looks like the real one.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...... i went to told me it's chiong one but i was impressed as the fake one looks like the real one.

It could have been made by the same OEM company. Sometime the Chinese companies contracted by the copyright owners make "extras" since they are already making the originals.

This may explain why there are so many Apple accessory knock offs that look like the originals e.g. power supplies, earphones, adaptors, cables,...

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
It could have been made by the same OEM company. Sometime the Chinese companies contracted by the copyright owners make "extras" since they are already making the originals.

This may explain why there are so many Apple accessory knock offs that look like the originals e.g. power supplies, earphones, adaptors, cables,...

actually, the authority should let sim lim square shops operate as they wish. SLS is very widely known to sell all kind of chiong spare parts for PCs and electronics. just like in sungei rd, there is this motorbike shop call ah boy, he also sell all kinds of chiong parts for motorcycles.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually, the authority should let sim lim square shops operate as they wish. SLS is very widely known to sell all kind of chiong spare parts for PCs and electronics. just like in sungei rd, there is this motorbike shop call ah boy, he also sell all kinds of chiong parts for motorcycles.

I take the cynical view that the "authorities" are doing these raids to protect the interests of friends. Someone in Spore is/are the authorised distributors & they will make less profit if people buy these unauthorised knock offs.

These raids may also be a publicity stunt to show that Spore is doing something about piracy. Something like the PAP MPs doing a walk around during the GE:wink: