• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We are the Government - responsible and accountable to Singaporeans

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we were not in the government, it is much easier. We can make recommendations, we can write papers, we can make speeches, and we can rouse arguments, unhappiness, point out all the problems we have where we are standing. But as a Government, we have to deal with this issue and it is an issue where honestly speaking, there are no easy choices. There are trade-offs.

If we have no foreign workers, our economy suffers, our own lives suffer. (If) we have a lot of foreign workers, the economy will do well, (but) we have other social pressures, other problems with our society which are going to be very real and which we have to take very seriously and which we cannot accept.

Somewhere in the middle, we have a mix of evils; on the other hand, we may be able to find a spot where all things considered, this is something which balances our needs as well as our identity, as well as our economic requirements, and enables us to move forward. Then after three, four, five years we look at it again, we revise our view and we adjust our policy.

But as a Government, I cannot avoid having to make this decision, I have to do it on behalf of Singaporeans, we have to think: How does this affect Singaporeans? Because that is where our responsibility is. It not only affects you for now but also affect you for the long-term. For your job prospects, for your children’s future when they grow up in Singapore and what sort of Singapore will they be in.

And it is our job to think of these issues and to make the best decisions which we can, in our judgment, on your behalf and to account to you, and say to the best of my ability this is what I have decided I have to do.

And you may agree with it, you may not agree with it, but I can tell you in complete honesty that I am trying my best to do this on your behalf. And I cannot avoid doing this because otherwise I think I will be letting you down......

safe_image.php

I do not owe hundreds of millions of potential foreign workers from around the world an obligation. I owe Singaporeans a responsibility.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
great interview
great insights
great honesty
great delivery
great responsibility
great accountability

PAP WIN LIAO BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
THOSE OPPO MPs can only kpkb
those OPPO sapporters and fans can only kpkb
those oPPO forummers here can only write and become keyboard warriors

do they provide solutions
do they provide answers
they can only talk write and kpkb
useless shitheads

if you are not in the government you don't care
you can only make noise
if you are the government
you have to be responsible and accountable to the people

pap is responsible
pap government is accountable

there is only one government that can govern Singapore well
pap government!!!

majuah singapura!!! m ajualah pap !!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If we were not in the government, it is much easier. We can make recommendations, we can write papers, we can make speeches, and we can rouse arguments, unhappiness, point out all the problems we have where we are standing. But as a Government, we have to deal with this issue and it is an issue where honestly speaking, there are no easy choices. There are trade-offs.

If we have no foreign workers, our economy suffers, our own lives suffer. (If) we have a lot of foreign workers, the economy will do well, (but) we have other social pressures, other problems with our society which are going to be very real and which we have to take very seriously and which we cannot accept.

Somewhere in the middle, we have a mix of evils; on the other hand, we may be able to find a spot where all things considered, this is something which balances our needs as well as our identity, as well as our economic requirements, and enables us to move forward. Then after three, four, five years we look at it again, we revise our view and we adjust our policy.

But as a Government, I cannot avoid having to make this decision, I have to do it on behalf of Singaporeans, we have to think: How does this affect Singaporeans? Because that is where our responsibility is. It not only affects you for now but also affect you for the long-term. For your job prospects, for your children’s future when they grow up in Singapore and what sort of Singapore will they be in.

And it is our job to think of these issues and to make the best decisions which we can, in our judgment, on your behalf and to account to you, and say to the best of my ability this is what I have decided I have to do.

And you may agree with it, you may not agree with it, but I can tell you in complete honesty that I am trying my best to do this on your behalf. And I cannot avoid doing this because otherwise I think I will be letting you down......

safe_image.php

I do not owe hundreds of millions of potential foreign workers from around the world an obligation. I owe Singaporeans a responsibility.

Go fuck yourself lah

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does this mean we finally get to see where our CPF money is? Do we finally get to know the full accounts of Temasek? Nah, just fucking with you. I know this is an impossibility however 'responsible' and 'accountable' you are.

You know, you could come across as more genuine, sincere and a thousand other superlatives if you just accede to the 2 above. Everything else is utter rubbish. Respectfully.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does this mean we finally get to see where our CPF money is? Do we finally get to know the full accounts of Temasek? Nah, just fucking with you. I know this is an impossibility however 'responsible' and 'accountable' you are.

You know, you could come across as more genuine, sincere and a thousand other superlatives if you just accede to the 2 above. Everything else is utter rubbish. Respectfully.

He has no shame and skin as thick as an elephant.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the problem is too difficult,if the conundrum is too hard for the million dollar ministers,let me make it simple for you.

JOSS STICKS AND CANDLEWAX FOR THE PAPPEE MINISTERS AND JIAK LAIO BEES

The+joss+sticks.jpg

incense_1578935i.jpg

hjd014_menthol_incense_stick.jpg

ChineseNewYear_candles.jpg

Candles_in_chinese_temple.jpg

China-DSC_6922.jpg

I burning that not for that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY
He cannot get time off from the ghouls and demons all out to tiew and kan and rape him with chain saws

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not owe hundreds of millions of potential foreign workers from around the world an obligation. I owe Singaporeans a responsibility.[/QUOTE said:
Lies !! India will hold you by the balls in view of CECA you hv signed giving away sgian PME jobs!!!!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just need to ask...

Is lying to the public at large, to canvass votes a form of ..

TREASON? LoLoLoL

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ST has cleverly masked out some of the not-so-smart things that he said.
He beat around the bush to Professor Chan's questions, who, politely, after two attempts
each time at nailing him down, moved on. She was, surprisingly, saying things that have
been said in this forum.

He tried to project himself as a man of vision, talking about "our children's grandchildren"
fifty years down the line. He cannot solve the immediate problems and he tries to talk about
our children's grandchildren's lives.

Further down the programme, in response to a question, he said he was unable to respond
about what will happen in 25 years time.

The PAP is out of ideas, out of ammunition, out of candidates but now use the line "I did it all
for you, rightly or wrongly. I owe it to you. You just have to trust papa's son now."

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simply put, he lost the balance and beat around the bushes.
With the almighty payroll they want to command;
there must not be wishy washy excuses.

Did they want to lower their pants and salary?
I will support them if they do......be accountable.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the best interviews I have seen
proper, clean, neat and steadfast
all the points clearly stated
the issues outlined
the solutions given...

pap will emerge victorious with PM Lee leading the Team

One Team One Party One Leadership One Singapore

damned bloody great

majulah pap!!!

all the losers, jokers, retards, morons in this forum can only use vulgarities and obscenities
they have nothing but empty blains and vulval mouths and they represent the oppo parties
what a great joke

how can the oppo win with all the vulval mouths and anal gaps

pap will easily walk over them
mow over them
take the trophies and conquer parliament with ease

majulah pap!!!