• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng Chickens Out of Tampines! Scared of Heng Swee Kiat!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
people-s-power-party.jpg

SINGAPORE: Mr Goh Meng Seng said the People's Power Party (PPP) will not be contesting in either Tampines GRC or MacPherson SMC in the upcoming General Election.

Mr Goh had led a National Solidarity Party (NSP) team to 42.78 per cent of the votes in Tampines in 2011. He later left the NSP to start the PPP.

In a post to the party's Facebook page on Sunday night (Aug 2), Mr Goh said: "My team and I have promised to return Tampines to contest right after GE2011.

"Throughout the past few years, there were Tampines voters who have been asking about me and my team to go back and contest Tampines GRC. They have expressed their wish and expectation of us to continue our fight in Tampines.

"However, we also know that NSP has been working very hard on the ground in Tampines. For each elections contest, a lot of time, efforts and money will be spent. It would not be right for us to get into this ground without any good reason. Furthermore, we also think that NSP's A-team has very good candidates whom we think deserve to be sent into Parliament."

Similarly, Mr Goh said he would not stand for elections in MacPherson because he was aware of the "massive groundwork" that NSP President Sebastian Teo did there from the time of the 2011 General Election.

"It would be totally inappropriate of me to wrestle into the contest at MacPherson," he said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ppp-pulls-out-of-tampines/2024430.html?cid=fbsg

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people-s-power-party.jpg

SINGAPORE: Mr Goh Meng Seng said the People's Power Party (PPP) will not be contesting in either Tampines GRC or MacPherson SMC in the upcoming General Election.

Mr Goh had led a National Solidarity Party (NSP) team to 42.78 per cent of the votes in Tampines in 2011. He later left the NSP to start the PPP.

In a post to the party's Facebook page on Sunday night (Aug 2), Mr Goh said: "My team and I have promised to return Tampines to contest right after GE2011.

"Throughout the past few years, there were Tampines voters who have been asking about me and my team to go back and contest Tampines GRC. They have expressed their wish and expectation of us to continue our fight in Tampines.

"However, we also know that NSP has been working very hard on the ground in Tampines. For each elections contest, a lot of time, efforts and money will be spent. It would not be right for us to get into this ground without any good reason. Furthermore, we also think that NSP's A-team has very good candidates whom we think deserve to be sent into Parliament."

Similarly, Mr Goh said he would not stand for elections in MacPherson because he was aware of the "massive groundwork" that NSP President Sebastian Teo did there from the time of the 2011 General Election.

"It would be totally inappropriate of me to wrestle into the contest at MacPherson," he said.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ppp-pulls-out-of-tampines/2024430.html?cid=fbsg

Finally this guy knows his strengths or rather weaknesses.

It is fine for face-saving that he makes himself look very magnanimous by making way for other Opps to contest in the wards that he is giving up.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally this guy knows his strengths or rather weaknesses.

It is fine for face-saving that he makes himself look very magnanimous by making way for other Opps to contest in the wards that he is giving up.

That's my hero! I would readily sacrifice an arm and leg for this icon.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow mr goat has grown matured wise enlightened forgiving
it's time he walks into parliament

well done mr goat
give the oppo a chance to fight
avoid three corner and four corner fights

well done mr goat

Funny-gifs-reply-01.gif

hope the other oppo mad parties will behave like gentlemen and avoid in fighting

but the oppo will forever fight lah among themselves
splitting the vote
each wanting a bit of the cake

in the end all lose to the incumbent pap !!!

Funny-gifs-reply-01.gif

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish GMS and PPP best of luck in the GE, and really hope that they win in Chua Chu Kang GRC.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must have been a tough decision. Kudos to GMS for avoiding a 3-cornered fight. Let's hope this sets the trend for the other oppo parties.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must have been a tough decision. Kudos to GMS for avoiding a 3-cornered fight. Let's hope this sets the trend for the other oppo parties.

I wonder why people would conclude that GMS is avoiding a 3CF. He wants to leave Tampines and focus on CCK at his own initiative, but did NSP agree?

NSP wanted to contest both CCK and Tampines as well as Marine Parade. With WP staking claim on MP and GMS on CCK, I don't think NSP will be satisfied with just Tampines.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS expressed opposition unity very nicely. more opposition figures should follow suit. but where the hell is he going to contest now ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder why people would conclude that GMS is avoiding a 3CF. He wants to leave Tampines and focus on CCK at his own initiative, but did NSP agree?

NSP wanted to contest both CCK and Tampines as well as Marine Parade. With WP staking claim on MP and GMS on CCK, I don't think NSP will be satisfied with just Tampines.

what about SDP ? they said they are contesting 3 GRCs but have not confirmed it yet. do they have the resources to contest 3 GRCs ? the situation will become much more clearer after the horse-trading this week.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what about SDP ? they said they are contesting 3 GRCs but have not confirmed it yet. do they have the resources to contest 3 GRCs ? the situation will become much more clearer after the horse-trading this week.

SDP will be contesting in Sembawang, Marsiling-Yew Tee and Holland-Bukit Timah GRCs. They do have the people, but it's the quality that will be crucial to winning.