• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If u see empty seat in table for two, would u join in?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happens a few times to me in coffee shop or Toastbox. Was sitting along in table for two. The people who would 'join' me r inevitably Foreigners not local. Actually I don't mind but wonder why locals don't dare to 'join' in. Afterall it's crowded and there is an empty seat. If it was me, I would join, ask politely then sit whether u like it or not.
It's our country man, don't be shy! Our foreigner friends certainly aren't !

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Happens a few times to me in coffee shop or Toastbox. Was sitting along in table for two. The people who would 'join' me r inevitably Foreigners not local. Actually I don't mind but wonder why locals don't dare to 'join' in. Afterall it's crowded and there is an empty seat. If it was me, I would join, ask politely then sit whether u like it or not.

Why not ? If you are still single.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why share when you can stand beside and stare until the bodo quickly finish his food? Such is the sinkie way.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't see anything wrong with it. Ask for permission if you want to be polite. Aunties have also asked to sit with me at a hawker centre.

It's just one of the many social hangups people place upon themselves. Another similar one would be to dine alone at a restaurant. Some women are terrified of doing such a thing, :rolleyes:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not just this. I see many foreigners nudging and pushing their way and Sinkies just quiet and diam diam accept. Also foreigners more demanding of their rights and especially the Ah Nehs.., if they kana poor quality service u will never hear the end of it! Sinkies, come on, it's our country, be more assertive and push and shove harder tag anyone else. It's a crowded jungle out there, if u don't push, u get pushed aside!

jw5

Loyal
If there are no other available tables or seats, why not? :p

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Also happened to me once when a Sinkie charbo in her late twenties or early thirties with her child asked my permission to sit with me at a McDonald's during a weekend. The restaurant was jam packed so I let her & the kid sit with me. I don't see anything wrong with letting strangers sit with me when I'm dining alone as long as they are the decent ones.

If it's obvious that they haven't taken a shower for a week with a strong body odor, then I won't let them join me.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
once I was eating alone with one empty chair on the same table, one guy came along, asked whether it was taken and walk away to buy food when I said no, the next moment the next guy with tray of food came and promptly sat down to eat without asking. shortly after, the first guy came back carrying his food and seeing that the seat was taken he looked at me in dismay, shaking his head as though wanted to say "Fuck lah you, why don't you protect the seat for me"

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
That why you should always have 2 tissue packets with u to chope the other empty seats on ur table.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
foreigners are the alpha species,sinkies are beta and omega species.of course the foreigners wont feel uncomfortable when sharing tables with a insignificant species,they might even notice their presence and invite a few more buddies over.