• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies To Pay RM20 From Oct 1 To Enter Mudland! Ringgit Drop So What?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
causeway.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR: Private vehicles entering Malaysia from Singapore will have to pay a RM20 (S$7) fee from Oct 1, Malaysian Deputy Transport Minister Abdul Aziz Kaprawi told The Star on Saturday (Aug 1).

The Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee which had been slated to take effect from Sep 1, will now begin on Oct 1, according to Mr Abdul Aziz.

Mr Abdul Aziz added “from Sep 1, Singapore vehicles which are not registered with the Road Transport Department (JPJ) would be refused entry into Malaysia”.

The Star reported Mr Abdul Aziz as saying that the VEP fee can only be paid with a Touch ‘n Go card.

The online registration, which begins Aug 15, applies to all private vehicles, public buses, taxis, goods vehicles and diplomatic cars and “vehicle owners are required to pay RM10 for the road charge, which is valid for five years”.

Although the VEP fee would not apply to public buses, motorcycles, taxis and government vehicles they would still need to register with the JPJ, the minister added.

Malaysia is aiming to roll out a second phase of the VEP system covering the Malaysia-Thailand border by mid-2016, Mr Aziz told the newspaper.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singapore-private/2023022.html?cid=FBSG

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately the VEP does not affect people like me who use the bus to visit Malaysia.

Once the PAP wins the GE they will no doubt increase the GST.
GST is more pervasive & covers every purchase or transaction made in Spore. No way to get away from it but to go overseas like JB, LOS, Batam,.....

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tens of thousands of new shitizens jiuhu kias are willing to pay to go back home to visit relatives.:biggrin:

Fortunately the VEP does not affect people like me who use the bus to visit Malaysia.

Once the PAP wins the GE they will no doubt increase the GST.
GST is more pervasive & covers every purchase or transaction made in Spore. No way to get away from it but to go overseas like JB, LOS, Batam,.....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tens of thousands of new shitizens jiuhu kias are willing to pay to go back home to visit relatives.:biggrin:

Many of them are actually staying in JB & taking the free company bus to work everyday

For those staying in Spore & driving, the VEP is only $7.30. About the same price as a cheap meal in Spore. I recently ate at Pepper Lunch & the cheapest option was almost $7. So for those working & driving in Spore it is just peanuts.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dream home, gated and guarded, no have to pay RM20 unless you backside itchy like to drive day and night and cross the sea twice to reach there, rental price same or slightly cheaper than for the smallest apartment in the Sail .........

[video=youtube;lCCCh9MEjKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCCh9MEjKo[/video]

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF beside paying RM20.00 VEP all SG cars must register with JBJ??

Or else no entry to SG cars!! might as well said all SG cars can not enter JB better still right???

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is good that they charge VEP to Singapore registered vehicle. In fact, they should charge RM100 per entry for each vehicle. If they do that, i can have more free time to enter into my house in JB. Staying away from the filthy peasants.

BerndLeno

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dream home, gated and guarded, no have to pay RM20 unless you backside itchy like to drive day and night and cross the sea twice to reach there, rental price same or slightly cheaper than for the smallest apartment in the Sail .........

[video=youtube;lCCCh9MEjKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCCh9MEjKo[/video]

Woody Goh will love that. :biggrin: