• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

★ La Liga Season 2015-16 ★

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

inKRC9G.jpg

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday August 1 2015

‘I expect Pedro to join United’

By Football Espana staff

pedro-barca-espanyol490epa_7.jpg

The President of Pedro Rodriguez’s first club claims the Barcelona forward’s mother “told me he was leaving for England”, likely with Manchester United.

The Red Devils are being heavily tipped to sign the 27-year-old as a direct replacement for ex-Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria, who is closing in on a move to Paris Saint-Germain.

“The other day, Pedro’s mother told me he was leaving for England,” Raqui San Isidro patron Jaime Lorenzo told El Larguero.

“I think it would be a good challenge for him and he will have more playing time.”

Lorenzo also revealed that his club could be about to pocket €450,000 from the deal, providing United meet Pedro’s €30m release clause, although it is not yet set in stone.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday August 1 2015

Jemez furious with Zhang arrival

By Football Espana staff

jemez-close490epa_1_10.jpg

Rayo Vallecano boss Paco Jemez has expressed his fury with the signing of Zhang Chengdong, claiming it “suits me like a hole in the head”.

The winger became the first Chinese player to be signed by a La Liga club earlier in the month, but his arrival has not gone down well with the Coach, who recently threatened to quit his post following Los Vallecano’s humiliating defeat to second-tier Albacete.

“[The signing] suits me like a hole in the head,” he told Cadena SER.

“This is not about whether [Zhang] is a good or bad player, it’s the fact of having a player imposed on me by a sponsor.

“The signing hasn’t done me any grace. It’s possibly the worst decision [that the club have] made while I’ve been here.”

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday August 1 2015

Van Gaal & United in De Gea discord?

By Football Espana staff

de-gea-united490epa_9.jpg

Louis van Gaal has reportedly asked for David de Gea to be sold to Real Madrid as soon as possible, but Manchester United are unwilling to relent.

According to AS, a deal for the goalkeeper is inching ever closer, with his performance during the 2-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain on Thursday understood to be the manager’s final straw.

De Gea was perceived to have made several errors in the match by sections of the media, leaving Van Gaal to reportedly suggest that it was a strong indication of the player’s unhappiness.

Nonetheless, United chief executive Ed Woodward is believed to have made it clear to the Dutchman that the club have no intention of sanctioning the sale of their best player to a European rival as it would damage their bid to return among the continent’s elite.

It is a stance that has emerged following the previous departures of David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo to the Santiago Bernabeu and their failure in landing Sergio Ramos.

Madrid, meanwhile, are happy to bide their time for the 24-year-old, with Coach Rafa Benitez delighted with the pre-season performances of Keylor Navas and new boy Kiko Casillas.

A poll cast by Manchester Evening News on Friday revealed the Old Trafford faithful would prefer to sell De Gea now, rather than lose him on a Bosman free transfer next summer.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Friday July 31 2015

Elche in race against time

By Football Espana staff

jonathas-elche-fans490epa_5.jpg

Elche have until 23:59 CET on Friday to settle a €4m debt or face further demotion to Segunda B.

Los Franjiverdes’ relegation to the second tier was confirmed earlier in July, despite finishing 13th in La Liga last season, but they could drop yet another division if an outstanding bill with 30 players is not paid by midnight.

“We have a huge challenge ahead and must make a great effort as a city. In a few hours, we must raise €4m,” Elche mayor Carlos Gonzalez was quoted as saying by Marca.

Juan Peran, President of footware giant Pikolinos, whose headquarters are based in Elche, added: “I’ve always said that you need money and courage [in business], but now money is needed.

“Let everyone [make their contribution] because Elche aren’t just a football team, but also a sense of the city.”

A bank account has been opened by the club for the sole purpose of fan contributions from €10 to €200,000.

Regardless of whether they can meet Friday’s deadline, there are still serious concerns over whether Elche can continue to meet payments for the squad, staff and utilities.

Marca also understands the Valencians will apply a €68,000 salary cap on any new arrivals.

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday August 1 2015

Nuno coy on Otamendi future

By Football Espana staff

nuno-presser-preseason490epa.jpg

Nuno Santo has refused to confirm whether Nicolas Otamendi will remain a Valencia player next season, other than he “is fully integrated with the team”.

The Argentine defender has long been linked with a big-money transfer to Manchester United, who are understood to be on the lookout for centre-back reinforcements, but the Coach declined to comment on the speculation - or deny it.

“I think [Nicolas] has worked hard and took care of himself during his holiday after Copa America,” he said at a Press conference ahead of Saturday’s friendly against Porto in Germany.

“He has been very faithful to his work and is fully integrated with the team.

“All the players who are here are focused on the team. It’s as simple as that.

“We’ll prepare as well as possible for the Champions League playoffs and achieve our ultimate objective, to mix with the best teams in Europe. All the players are committed to that objective.

“Valencia are prepared and know that every player is on the market, but we also know that everyone here will fight until the death [for the cause].”

Nuno then added Alvaro Negredo “remains a very important player” for Valencia and that the new-look board would serve the club well.

“[Alvaro Negredo] remains a very important player,” he continued.

“It’s a great achievement that we have the benefit of continuity of the players from last season, which will allow us to improve.

“We all have improved and want to improve further for the sake of the squad.

“We’re aware that the market is open if we spot something. It’s difficult to make more signings, but it must only be a player who’s an improvement on what we already have.

"We have an owner [Peter Lim], a woman President [Lay Hoon Chan] and Coach, and we’re here to help and improve the team. All the club’s decisions are taken together.”

RealMadrid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Saturday August 1 2015

Mario: Time to leave Atleti

By Football Espana staff

mario-suarez-head490epa_1.jpg

Mario Suarez has admitted that “I’d completed my cycle in Spain” after leaving Atletico Madrid for Fiorentina.

The midfielder ended five years of service at the Vicente Calderon by heading to La Viola in exchange for Stefan Savic, and he believes the time has come for him to begin a new challenge in his career.

“I’d completed my cycle in Spain, winning everything I could win,” the 28-year-old said at his presentation on Friday.

“I was looking for a new challenge and believe Fiorentina will give me what I’m looking for. I’m very happy to be here.

“From the first moment, when negotiations began, it immediately became clear that I wanted to come here. I like the club and the way they play.

“The Italian League is very competitive and important. We’ll go all out [for success next season].

“[On playing for Spain], first I must win my place here, strive to become a starter and have continuity.

“After that, we’ll see. The national team is an objective and I aspire to play in the European Championship [next year].”

Emery

Alfrescian
Loyal

Immobile: I only broke my nose!

ciroimmobile-cropped_1g8sn1ffqlvap1ofnxf8iqex3s.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 1, 2015 14:43:56

The Italy international needed oxygen and a neck brace after colliding with Watford goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes but the striker has reassured his fans that he is fine

Sevilla summer signing Ciro Immobile has dismissed concerns over his welfare, revealing that he suffered nothing more than a broken nose in Friday's friendly against Watford.

The Borussia Dortmund-owned striker lasted just five minutes on his first outing for the Rojiblancos, after being involved in a sickening collision with Hornets goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.

Immobile was immediately given oxygen by the medics in attendance and had his head put in a neck brace before being carried from the field on a stretcher, prompting fears that the 25-year-old had suffered a serious injury.

However, the former Torino attacker took to social media on Saturday to reassure his followers that there is nothing to worry about.

"Guys, thanks for all the messages," Immobile wrote on his Facebook page. "I took a heavy blow to the face that caused the broken nose, but the tests undertaken have not shown any further complications. Greetings to all!"

Immobile joined Dortmund from Torino last summer but struggled during his debut season at Signal Iduna Park, registering just three goals in the Bundesliga.

Consequently, the Azzurri ace, who represented his country at Brazil 2014, has now been loaned to Sevilla for the duration of the 2015-16 campaign.

ToniKroos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lose one game and it's the end of the world - Real Madrid are too impatient, says Van der Vaart

rafael-van-der-vaart-betis-16062015_1fjtu2p472eym1ey854xti4cyf.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Jul 31, 2015 10:58:30

The 32-year-old feels the high demands at the Santiago Bernabeu were too much and feels Iker Casillas was treated unfairly

Former Real Madrid midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has hit out at his former club for the lack of patience at the club.

The Dutchman wore the Madrid shirt between 2008 and 2010 before leaving the club for Tottenham and he feels the high demands are not helping the team.

"At Real Madrid, if you win nothing it’s deemed as a major fiasco," Van der Vaart was quoted as saying by AS.

"Madrid are the most impatient club in the world. You lose a game and it's as if the world has ended.

"I am proud of having spent two years there, playing and scoring for the team.

"I arrived these when [Ramon] Calderon was president, [Predrag] Mijatovic was sporting director and [Bernd] Schuster was first team coach. In just three months all three were all gone, crazy."

Van der Vaart then went on to lament the way in which club icon Iker Casillas was forced out at the Santiago Bernabeu side.

"Casillas' exit was sad. He won so much there that the way he left was a total lack of respect for him.

"Casillas is synonymous with Real Madrid, the club ran through his blood. I hope he gets a chance at Porto to prove just how good he still is."

Simeone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simeone: Atletico growing in strength

8a95355d14a127354f9d6992a619e0e4_crop_north.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 1, 2015 22:10:25

The Argentine is confident looking ahead to the new season, despite his side needing penalties to overcome Sagan Tosu

Diego Simeone is confident his Atletico Madrid side are showing encouraging signs ahead of the start of the Liga season.

The 2013-14 Spanish champions were held to a 1-1 draw by Sagan Tosu in their latest pre-season clash, before ultimately triumphing 4-1 on penalties.

Despite not beating relatively modest opposition, Simeone believes his new-look side - who began the game using an unfamiliar 4-3-3 formation - are looking good ahead of the new campaign.

"I'm happy because the team is growing. They combined well," the Argentine coach said after the match.

"The feeling is good, we intend to try a different system to what we've been used to using before. It cost the team at the start, but then we had a good first half.

"We know that the team can improve a lot with Luciano Vietto, Angel Correa, Oliver Torres or Yannick Ferreira Carrasco. They have to grow a lot with us.

"They have to improve their tactical game, but never lose their talent. We need that talent to win games."

Pique

Alfrescian
Loyal

Suarez: I´m not among world´s best

1 August 2015 05:56

886421header.jpg

Barcelona star Luis Suarez insists he does not consider himself among the world's best players despite his performances in recent seasons.

The controversial Uruguayan scored 25 goals in all competitions for Barca last season, following on from prolific campaigns at Liverpool.

But he is unfazed by where he stands among the world's best players.

"One always tries to accept praise and the things fans say, but I don't consider myself the most humble nor one of the best," Suarez told ESPN FC.

"I just try and do my work the best I can. I'm in the best team in the world and doing things I never imagined doing, but that job I leave to the rest so they can give their opinion."

With Lionel Messi and Neymar, Suarez helped form a devastating Barca attack that won the treble in 2014-15.

The 28-year-old said he had to maintain a good level to keep up with his fellow stars.

"You're in Barcelona and you have Leo and Neymar by your side so you have to be one of the best," Suarez said.

"I have the privilege to play with those quality players, just as much them as the whole team, including [Andres] Iniesta, which was a dream for me to play by his side, with players that I enjoy playing alongside.

"Being on the best team in the world fills you with pride, leaves you calm, shows you how hard it is to get here. And that's why you have to enjoy the moment once you're here."

Stegen

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sunday August 2 2015

barca-estelada490epa_2.jpg

Barca defend stance on UEFA fine

By Football Espana staff

Barcelona have issued a statement, defending their decision not to appeal their €30,000 UEFA fine for pro-Catalan flags during the Champions League final.

La Blaugrana’s willingness to accept the punishment was criticised by former President and recent candidate Joan Laporta on Friday, but the club have now made it clear that backing down was the only way they could ensure future sanctions.

The statement, according to Marca, reads: “In light of reports in the media regarding the punishment imposed by UEFA on our club for the display of ‘estelada’ flags during the Champions League final in Berlin, FC Barcelona state:

“When the club became aware of a possible punishment from UEFA, their legal department worked on a case that, once sent to the European body, turned a possible closure of Camp Nou and latent threat to the Club to a minimum financial penalty, as per UEFA regulations, and no future threat.

“FC Barcelona considered this change an important step forward.

“Nonetheless, the club immediately informed UEFA that they did not agree with the punishment, on the grounds of the right to freedom of expression of their members and fans, and wanted the events reviewed in order to prevent the same punishment in the future, since it was considered unjust and disproportionate.

“The club considered it appropriate to continue fighting, in the most appropriate way, and so informed UEFA.

“Before the deadline for filing an appeal, the European body accepted the fact that FC Barcelona did not appeal in exchange for a meeting to reach a diplomatic solution at the highest level, at a date still to be determined.

“FC Barcelona are convinced that they must preserve their rights and the collective rights of their socis and fans in the right way.”

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

Atletico are back - Koke warns Barcelona and Madrid

koke_1thfeyjasc1by15bfy7wymfy12.jpg

Miles Chambers
Aug 3, 2015 10:26:26

The midfielder has been impressed with the club's work in the transfer window this summer and thinks they can compete for La Liga

Koke has warned Barcelona and Real Madrid that Atletico Madrid have the quality to win La Liga after a successful summer transfer window.

Atletico broke Barca and Madrid's stranglehold on the division in 2013, only to finish fourth last season as the Catalans lifted the title.

However, the club have made a number of additions to their squad, with Jackson Martinez arriving from Porto and Luciano Vietto moving to the Vicente Calderon.

Koke, who scored from a corner-kick on Saturday in Atletico's 1-1 draw against Sagan Tosu, thinks the new arrivals can help spark another title charge this season.

"The team are training well and working really, really hard, and I believe that this season we can compete with Real Madrid and Barcelona," the 23-year-old, told i3 Sports.

"Last year we finished as champions, but in the past season it was Barcelona and Real Madrid all over again.

"We’ve had a lot of good changes recently, so I think that this season we can do something important. I really think the new players can bring some positive changes to the team."

Atletico face Shanghai SIPG on Tuesday before kicking off their competitive campaign with a home tie against newly-promoted Las Palmas on August 22.

SergioRamos

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barcelona aren't so good when not at 100 per cent - Luis Enrique

luis-suarez-barcelona-fiorentina-02082015_1wjece467f1cz1m3ubpvydznud.jpg

By Joe Wright
Aug 3, 2015 01:02:43

The Catalans boss admits there is plenty to work on before the start of the season and says he has "no news" on the future of Pedro

Barcelona are finding life difficult when they are not at 100 per cent, according to head coach Luis Enrique.

With Lionel Messi, Neymar, Javier Mascherano, Dani Alves and Claudio Bravo all rested, Barca suffered their third straight pre-season loss as they went down 2-1 to Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi on Sunday.

And their boss admits they have plenty to work on - in particular in defence - before the start of the 2015-16 season.

"I don't worry about the result, but about other things. We should improve our effectiveness and work on our defensive aspect, as always," he told reporters after the match.

"Our rivals cannot have that much space. We're working on it, although we have to work harder.

"We're very good if we're at 100 per cent. If we're not, we stop being so good.

"There are many aspects of the game that I liked. We created chances and we had good moments. But we have to correct things. These games help to stimulate that."

Pedro played from the start against the Serie A side despite continued talk of a possible move to Manchester United this summer, but Luis Enrique offered no clue as to the Spain international's future.

When asked about Pedro's possible exit, he simply said: "I have no news."

Barca will now prepare for a clash with Roma on Wednesday before the Uefa Super Cup against Europa League holders Sevilla on August 11.

Ochoa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez: De Gea? I'm happy with Madrid goalkeepers

rafaelbenitez-cropped_ia282udno29111kwizsgibuti.jpg

Dejan Kalinic
Aug 4, 2015 10:19:04

The Manchester United man has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu all summer, but looks set to remain at Old Trafford

Real Madrid coach Rafael Benitez has reiterated his satisfaction with the goalkeepers at his disposal after again being quizzed over a possible move for David de Gea.

The Manchester United man has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu for months, with his current deal at Old Trafford set to expire in June 2016.

However, while Madrid have allowed Iker Casillas to join Porto, they have since signed Kiko Casilla from Espanyol, leaving them with four keepers in their first team squad.

"I don't talk about players from other teams. He [De Gea] is not our player," Benitez said.

"I am really pleased with our keepers. Now we have Pacheco and Rubin Yanez will be one of our three keepers. And you know that Keylor Navas and Kiko Casilla already are.

"These are our keepers so we can talk about them, not the other keepers."

Postiga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benzema blow for Real Madrid

karim-benzema-real-madrid_g5uhrlm1om7yzqckwechtd0g.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Aug 4, 2015 15:15:24

The France international faces a race against time to be fit for his club's Liga opener at Sporting Gijon on August 23 after being diagnosed with a muscular problem

Real Madrid have confirmed that Karim Benzema has suffered a thigh injury - but it is not yet known how long the striker will be sidelined.

The France international was left out of Rafael Benitez's squad for this week's Audi Cup after breaking down in training ahead of the Blancos' departure for Munich.

Benzema now faces a race against time to be fit for the start of the capital club's Liga campaign, at Sporting Gijon on August 23.

"Following tests carried out on Karim Benzema by the Real Madrid Medical Services at the Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital today, he has been diagnosed with a muscular injury in his right thigh. His condition will be evaluated," read a statement released on the Blancos' official website.

Benzema has been heavily linked with a move to Arsenal before the close of the summer transfer window but Benitez stated on Monday that he expects the forward to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The 27-year-old joined Madrid from Lyon in 2009 for an initial fee of €35 million and has since scored 87 times in 188 Liga appearances for the Spanish side.