• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can you trust a friend who borrow money but refuse to pay back on due date?

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1][/h]:mad:Submitted by farhan on Sat, 01/08/2015 - 12:40pm

cpf-singapore-borrow-payback-leehsienloong-royngerng.jpg

Suppose you have a friend who borrowed money from you and promised to return to you in full at a specific date.

But as the day draws nearer, he keeps coming up with various excuses not to pay you back, even accusing that you will blow it all away on women, gambling and all sort of ill habits. He claims that it is for your own good that he is not paying you back. After much protests, he delays payment by another 10 years, and even then, he is only going to pay back by installments. There is no guarantee that when the payment date comes, he will not delay again.

And now, he set up a new company and force your whole family to buy his insurance. The premiums will be deducted from the money he owes you. Opting out is not an option, as he will just deduct whether you like it or not. Furthermore, he alone will get to decide on how much the premiums are and you have no say.

Eventually, the premiums are going to wipe out whatever amount he owes you. That is when things get interesting. Now instead of him owing you money, you owe him. And with that, you have to pay him cash for the premiums he demands. If you fail to pay, he will file an injunction to prevent you from leaving the country, even if it is just for a short trip to relax in nearby JB, till you somehow manage to cough up money to pay him. On top of that, he will demand that you pay as high as 17% interests on whatever he says you owe him. If you keep refusing to make payment into his scam, he will have you thrown in jail.

But despite all that, he tells you that you should trust him as he has your best interests at heart and good intention in everything he did (and is doing) to you.

The question is, if you have a friend like that, would you still trust him?

If yes, then there is nothing more to say. Happy paying.

If no, then why would you even trust any political party that behaves like that, much less vote for them?

[h=2]Source:[/h]https://www.facebook.com/chewleslie/posts/1044585482227582?fref=nf&pnref..

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
First thing. It's not your money. Second, it's forced savings or forced retirement saving. Thirdly, it's the community money now. Only way to gain from this is to spend all your monies and they have no choice but to keep u afloat. If u got lots of balance, u r the sucker as u will be supporting the rest of us!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I would consider such a friend to be one that truly cares for my welfare. While I may not like the decisions he makes, it is pretty obvious that they are for my own good.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would consider such a friend to be one that truly cares for my welfare. While I may not like the decisions he makes, it is pretty obvious that they are for my own good.

It's called "parental love".

Sometimes as a parent you have to make hard decisions where your children may not be mature enough to understand.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Technically, your friend should not impose on you to insist that you buy any insurance.

But then again, if you have insufficient insurance or you think that you never ever need it, and in times of need, this insurance that your friend bought for you would come in handy.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
First thing. It's not your money. Second, it's forced savings or forced retirement saving. Thirdly, it's the community money now. Only way to gain from this is to spend all your monies and they have no choice but to keep u afloat. If u got lots of balance, u r the sucker as u will be supporting the rest of us!

I got a fren who lent lot of money to Tan Bee Kee of Advance Gravis C0mputers ... never got his loan back as Tan BEE KEE remains undischarged bankrupt but driving his limo bought under his relative's name& staying in luxurious apartment.......Friend??

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case, they should just declare cpf as a part of income tax with refund possible for certain people who reached certain benchmark.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is one of the rare instances where you make a clear satirical post as opposed to one that sounds deadly serious about something nonsensical, like how PAP is the best thing since sliced bread or similar comments.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a fren who lent lot of money to Tan Bee Kee of Advance Gravis C0mputers ... never got his loan back as Tan BEE KEE remains undischarged bankrupt but driving his limo bought under his relative's name& staying in luxurious apartment.......Friend??
Actually there r 3 parties here. The borrower, the lender and the administrator. The borrower and the administrator maybe the same person but he's taking the monies through legitimate means in terms of high salaries and commision and not taking the money per sec

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest splash paint, lock the gate and smash flower pots. If dont work, do art work on his neighbour's house. Last resort, rape his man-wife.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Owe $, pay $. Even the gangsters and loansharks know this cardinal golden rule, but the pappies pretend to not know. :wink: