• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Christians Eat Halal Meat?

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Halal meat is from animals slaughtered by Muslims who chant their god's name Allah, during the slaughtering process. Christians are forbidden to eat food offered to idols or other gods. Hence, can Christians buy halal meat?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Christians believe that it's not what goes into your mouth that's important, but what comes out of the mouth that is what's important. If Muslims followed this thinking the world would be a much better place to live in.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paul said if can eat, don't waste

If that is the case, then it would be alright for Christians to join in the Hungry Ghost Festival dinners, right? But they don't saying it is food offered to idols. But when consuming halal meat, they don't raise objection. I am just wondering if Christians are ignorant of the religious chants that took place while the halal meat was being processed.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case, then it would be alright for Christians to join in the Hungry Ghost Festival dinners, right? But they don't saying it is food offered to idols. But when consuming halal meat, they don't raise objection. I am just wondering if Christians are ignorant of the religious chants that took place while the halal meat was being processed.

Not all Christians avoid food at hungry ghost festivals, it is up to the individual's conviction.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

http://www.compellingtruth.org/halal-food.html

Can eat any food (halal, 7th month, etc), unless it offends another or causes another to stumble.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Halal meat is from animals slaughtered by Muslims who chant their god's name Allah, during the slaughtering process. Christians are forbidden to eat food offered to idols or other gods. Hence, can Christians buy halal meat?

I love to eat halal and malay charbos also love to eat my chinese lupcheong. So, all is fair, no?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course can. Food is food. Only those halal type cannot eat non-halal food. :biggrin:

You probably not a Christian.

A lot of Christians don't eat meat that the Chinese use for prayers. So logically they shouldn't eat halal or kosher meat.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You probably not a Christian.

A lot of Christians don't eat meat that the Chinese use for prayers. So logically they shouldn't eat halal or kosher meat.

Most of you Sinkies are still eating meat? I've been a vegetarian for so long now that seeing raw meat makes me sick.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course they can. Arab christians uses "Allah" which means God in their language with no problems. But offerings to idols is a big no no for all middle eastern religion. Its a big sin.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only in Singapore

Halal trolley re.jpg

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course they can. Arab christians uses "Allah" which means God in their language with no problems. But offerings to idols is a big no no for all middle eastern religion. Its a big sin.

Ok. I suppose that only happens in Arab countries. In Malaysia, since Allah is exclusive to Muslims, Christians are forced to consider halal meat as food offered to idols. I wonder what would be the view of Singapore Christian fundamentalists of this matter.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. A Christian's physiology is no different from a muslim's and can eat and consume halal meat. It will be digested the same way as the muslim's too, and the undigested matter will be passed out as faeces, same as the muslim's.

Cheers!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
fake Bible story created by no other than Greek shitskin turn Roman Ah Quah Paul of course can eat halal food.

Only Ah quah criminal Paul turn Priesthood talk about love! God love you and you love god shit thing.

Fuck the NT bullshit in the Bible. Tear away NT and leave OT alone good for the Christian.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets not forget the Christian god and Muslim Allah is the similar entity... Worshipped from different sects and cultures