• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charles Chong goes against Li Lian

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intriguing battle looms in Punggol East SMC

AUGUST 1, 2015 BY ANDREW LOH

lllcc.jpg

After winning by the smallest of margins in the 2011 General Election, veteran People’s Action Party (PAP) Member of Parliament, Charles Chong, could again be involved in one of the most intriguing contests in the upcoming elections.

Mr Chong is reported to be the PAP’s likely candidate to contest the Punggol East single-member constituency (SMC), which is currently held by the Workers’ Party MP, Lee Lilian.

Ms Lee had prevailed over the PAP challenger in a by-election in 2013, after the previous incumbent, PAP MP Michael Palmer, stepped down for personal reasons.

Mr Chong’s potential move to Punggol East would, on hindsight, not be a surprise, given how he has been MP of several different constituencies in his political career.

He entered politics in the 1988 general elections, contesting in Sembawang GRC. The PAP won the then 3-men GRC, which was helmed by the current President of Singapore, Tony Tan, and the current Law Minister K Shanmugam.

In the following elections, Mr Chong contested in Eunos GRC, Pasir Ris GRC, Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, and Joo Chiat SMC in 2011.

Mr Chong, 62, is the PAP’s longest-serving backbencher.

Ms Lee is 36-years old and is a first-time MP and had won through a by-election.

On a broader note, the inclusion of Mr Chong as its candidate in the SMC would signal a more serious attempt by the PAP to stem the perceived tide of the WP taking over the entire swath in the east. In past SMCs which the PAP had lost, new untested candidates were sent in to present what some saw as token contests.

The WP has indicated that it will be contesting Marine Parade GRC, East Coast GRC, Jalan Besar GRC, Nee Soon GRCand Aljunied GRC; and as for the SMCs, the party has its eyes on Hougang, Punggol East, Fengshan, MacPherson and Sengkang West.

Mr Chong’s candidacy in the Punggol East would thus signal the end of the PAP’s softly-softly approach to seats it has lost – and also signals its willingness to take bigger risks in trying to win back opposition-held constituencies.

Then again, given Mr Chong’s age, even if he won, he would most probably be a one-more-term MP – as indeed he was from the last general election, given that his Joo Chiat SMC has been deleted from the electoral map.

Mr Chong would have contested in six different constituencies in his 27-year political career if he is fielded in Punggol East in the upcoming elections.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/08/intriguing-battle-looms-in-punggol-east-smc/

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, i also do not understand how this fat bitch can be a MP, i am opposition supporter but i dislike her, i think she is more for herself than the people who voted for her. and also, there is a reason i shan't disclose, she got an attitude.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
frankly, i also do not understand how this fat bitch can be a MP, i am opposition supporter but i dislike her, i think she is more for herself than the people who voted for her. and also, there is a reason i shan't disclose, she got an attitude.

Why not support GMS then--he very fat.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST newsletter sure know how to spin.
Private Chong is obviously expendable....he was already earmarked to be retired after his narrow JC win

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should join the rank of unemployed PMETS to understand their difficulties, vote him out so he can be one of them.

What difficulties? If got kicked out of PE, the pappies would post him to one of the GLCs to warm his balls. No problem, no difficulties. Still smooth sailing. What difficulties does he know?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
... and also signals its willingness to take bigger risks in trying to win back opposition-held constituencies.

This arse hole is not a hot shot in the pappies' stable..he is just dispensable. If pappies really wanted to take bigger risks, send in Teo Chee Hean or Khaw Boon Wan to PE, lah. Sending this small fry there is a clear signal to let this arse hole gets roasted in PE.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
曹查理是个大炮仙,喜欢和一班crasslooters行动。住在盛港的人都知道这个大炮只会耍嘴皮子,不会做事。

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This arse hole is not a hot shot in the pappies' stable..he is just dispensable. If pappies really wanted to take bigger risks, send in Teo Chee Hean or Khaw Boon Wan to PE, lah. Sending this small fry there is a clear signal to let this arse hole gets roasted in PE.

This is like Fergie sending his second stringers in FA cup. If they win, brilliant strategy. If they lose, well it's their 2nd stringers, no embarrassment, good for experience !

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP sees Charles Chong as the guy who will kick them out of Punggol East. I understand that Yee is scared each time he sees good ol' Charlie!

Just spoken to Yee. You know why he is so scared of Charlie? Coz latter machiam Ahmad Mattar. I am sure you enjoy Charles' company and cock.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST newsletter sure know how to spin.
Private Chong is obviously expendable....he was already earmarked to be retired after his narrow JC win

Only an idiot would believe they are trying to regain PE with CC. He is just vsent there to appease morons who really believe a heavyweight is there ti do battle. CC was filed away long time back.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since PEBE, pap got more than 2 years to do some serious groundworks to do some catching up. Between a grassroots candidate who works the ground all these while and parachuting a veteran into PE when election is nearing, obviously the former is a better option.

If this can be taken as a sign that the ground is not sweet for pap as far as PE smc is concern?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is like Fergie sending his second stringers in FA cup. If they win, brilliant strategy. If they lose, well it's their 2nd stringers, no embarrassment, good for experience !

Good analogy. If I may add, it wasnt 2nd stringers. Fergie fielded a veteran team with Bobby Charlton as striker and captain. The youngest was Bryan Robson.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good analogy. If I may add, it wasnt 2nd stringers. Fergie fielded a veteran team with Bobby Charlton as striker and captain. The youngest was Bryan Robson.

Ok the analogy not quite correct. This is like sending in grandpa army for suicide mission. If succeed, great, otherwise they 'died' honorably, Pinky watch too much Expendable movies!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since PEBE, pap got more than 2 years to do some serious groundworks to do some catching up. Between a grassroots candidate who works the ground all these while and parachuting a veteran into PE when election is nearing, obviously the former is a better option.

If this can be taken as a sign that the ground is not sweet for pap as far as PE smc is concern?

The underlying problem is that PAP is made up of people who shun risks and want a safe entry into Parliament. Nobody wants to do years of hard work and then lose in an election. The concept of service before power does not exist for them. They want to be paid for their work.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here's what sinkie wrote of that Bui Chee LLL:

The woman who won the by-election of Palmer's SMC.......see, I don't even remember her name......well, she's a trainer at Great Eastern Life.

However, once erected into lumparliament, when Gan Kim Yong talks abut Medishield life and CPF life.....as an insurance agent trainer, she should know how to debate with this Gan Kim Yong but I never hear even a fucking pin drop........Haizz.

Oh yes, she got herself pregnant.......just like that Rin Tin Tin..........

So, I tell you, never vote for any woman.........and never vote for anyone like Palmer or Yaw shui kia. Terrible choices.

Nicole Seah is another one.........so emotional and PMS all over..............should be kept in the kitchen and bedroom.

The tikos should have Geyland carved out as an SMC and tikos like Palmer and Yaw and Liu fuck You can stand for erection there.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP also have many fatso.... or why dun pray that the SDP 1st lady challenge her
that fatso CC, he's just hoping and praying that he can be part of the MP GRC, since he's the JC mp
unfortunately, he lacks the guts of the AMK bayi...