• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP MP: We Are At A Huge Disadvantage In Tanjong Pagar GRC! Opposition Got Advantage!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A PAP MP who got elected from a walkover at Tanjong Pagar (TP) GRC, Dr Chia Shi Lu, said that his team’s “victory” by default has become a “very big disadvantage” to them:

“This is a very big challenge, a very big disadvantage for us. If the incumbent has been there for many years, sometimes it may not always work to their advantage because people are used to them and they keep on doing the same thing. It may have worked in the past but it may not work in the future”

The TP GRC MP did not clarify how his “victory” was a “very big disadvantage” to his incumbent team who have just lost the former Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew. TP GRC has been seen as a safe haven for PAP because of former PM Lee Kuan Yew. The constituency was never contested since the GRC system was introduced in 1987.

The TP GRC MP for Queenstown, Dr Chia Shi Lu has been low profile and hardly featured even in the government-controlled media.

parl-chia-shi-lu.jpg

Current Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew was also brought to Parliament through walkovers at Tanjong Pagar GRC, along with current National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan (2001), current Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say (1997) and former Minister of Trade and Industry Lim Hng Kiang (1991). Other MPs that ride on the coat-tail of Lee Kuan Yew includes current Tampines MP Baey Yam Keng (2006) and Sam Tan (2006).

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...nning-by-walkover-is-a-very-big-disadvantage/

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP MP: We Are At A Huge Disadvantage In Tanjong Pagar GRC! Opposition Got Advant

Dr Chia was roped in at the very last minute, to replace Baey Yam Keng, who in turn was seconded to Tampines GRC to replace the PAP candidate there, Steven Tan.

Mr Tan had to withdraw from standing for personal reasons.

The eleventh hour inclusion and subsequent walkover for the PAP team gave rise to ridicule.

Blogger Mr Brown, also known as Lee Kin Mun, likened Dr Chia’s last minute inclusion to winning the lottery (beh-pio).

Tanjong Pagar was last contested in 1988, when it was still a single-seat ward.

Screenshot_2015-07-30-14-57-23-1-473x650.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP MP: We Are At A Huge Disadvantage In Tanjong Pagar GRC! Opposition Got Advant

Only gong kias would believe the bullshit out of Chia Shit's mouth. :rolleyes:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

not a pleasant person to deal with, typical of someone wining without a contest. no attempt to listen much or understand the issue people face. good luck to him trying to win the votes of those he met at MPS.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

aiyah no matter what
PAP will win in TP lah
its ah kong sacred ground
its ah kong holy ground
its ah kong people who will remember him forever
remember pap remember ah kong
and pap will win

any oppo who dare to go there will certainly mati lah
losing pants and deposit certainly

pap to win
no worry one...

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you kidding me???

A PAP MP who got elected from a walkover at Tanjong Pagar (TP) GRC, Dr Chia Shi Lu, said that his team’s “victory” by default has become a “very big disadvantage” to them:

“This is a very big challenge, a very big disadvantage for us. If the incumbent has been there for many years, sometimes it may not always work to their advantage because people are used to them and they keep on doing the same thing. It may have worked in the past but it may not work in the future”

The TP GRC MP did not clarify how his “victory” was a “very big disadvantage” to his incumbent team who have just lost the former Prime Minister, Lee Kuan Yew. TP GRC has been seen as a safe haven for PAP because of former PM Lee Kuan Yew. The constituency was never contested since the GRC system was introduced in 1987.

The TP GRC MP for Queenstown, Dr Chia Shi Lu has been low profile and hardly featured even in the government-controlled media.

2a45bj6

Current Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew was also brought to Parliament through walkovers at Tanjong Pagar GRC, along with current National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan (2001), current Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say (1997) and former Minister of Trade and Industry Lim Hng Kiang (1991). Other MPs that ride on the coat-tail of Lee Kuan Yew includes current Tampines MP Baey Yam Keng (2006) and Sam Tan (2006).

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...nning-by-walkover-is-a-very-big-disadvantage/

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget hoh, his name is eat you alive.

KNNBHCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not a pleasant person to deal with, typical of someone wining without a contest. no attempt to listen much or understand the issue people face. good luck to him trying to win the votes of those he met at MPS.

Ha ha...KNN hope he lost his deposit this time.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Steven Tan had to be withdrawn at the last minute because of molest charges brought against him by his NTUC colleagues.
He left without a whimper, and the PAP did not accuse anyone of making false charges.
That is how good the PAP vetting system is.

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal

aiyah no matter what
PAP will win in TP lah
its ah kong sacred ground
its ah kong holy ground
its ah kong people who will remember him forever
remember pap remember ah kong
and pap will win

any oppo who dare to go there will certainly mati lah
losing pants and deposit certainly

pap to win
no worry one...

win is win.
only 65% is called win for pap in tp.
any below that sibei lau kui

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

With Dr Lily Neo in the TP GRC Team. His arse is saved!

lilyneo.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With Dr Lily Neo in the TP GRC Team. His arse is saved!

lilyneo.jpg

The doc is overrated. Climbing the ladder to change light bulb was wayang in my book. I don't want my mp to be a handywoman. I want my mp to be my voice in parleement. Other than that one time that happen years ago, what had she done after that?

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The doc is overrated. Climbing the ladder to change light bulb was wayang in my book. I don't want my mp to be a handywoman. I want my mp to be my voice in parleement. Other than that one time that happen years ago, what had she done after that?
She is still helping the poor and old in her ward. What were you reading all these while?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How many PAP member of parliament you need to change a light bulb? ten Porlumpar RC members to hold the ladder, 5 to hold the MP & one to hold the hand to screw in the light bulb....why did the hen cross the road to "peck" the BAYI? ha ha ha

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the typical sinkies attitude. The field is level only if they are confident that it's "pao chiak", so if it's not sure win scenario it's unfair to them. Now you know why sinkies who scored all straight "A"s but 2 Bs would commit suicide.

It's the same old story with sinkies migrating. Why aren't they migrating ? The first question they throw to you : "Can you ensure that I get a job there first ?"

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Dr Chia Shi Lu, just remain pure and everything will be fine. Your colleague, the retarded CCS said so.