• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying vintage 2G cellular phones? IDA & Telcos will terminate 2G band services!

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

pjQwNh5.jpg

iEXbqt9.jpg

FPIsp4A.jpg

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is not a rumor! A little bird told me that it will happen sometime in ....... and so they will become useless and u can display them like this...

33855bea-e0dc-48ce-9a19-f090ef165238_image_jpeg

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 3g vintage phones you know?

Of course i know. Notice that my posts are only Nokia models? Many Nokia vintage phones users will be affected and have to retire their phones back in their boxes and cabinets. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been looking for a Sony Ericson W810i without much success . With the termination of 2G many people will want to get rid of their old phones & I'll have a better chance of finding a W810i:smile:

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been looking for a Sony Ericson W810i without much success . With the termination of 2G many people will want to get rid of their old phones & I'll have a better chance of finding a W810i:smile:

Here... easy peasy for me because i troll e-commerce websites regularly

Below is a sinkie company Cheapsalesitems88 dealing in party stuffs and they also sell vintage phones. They get good reviews from their customers but i figure that they buy them from China because China companies are abundance and offers the lowest prices but also fakes. This sinkie company Cheapsalesitems88 also marks up their prices by double for some of their phones :biggrin: I have never order from them before but i think $39 is a good price after comparing with sellers from China.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/REFURBISHED-BRAND-NEW-ORIGINAL/425074912

Or u can try this one from China but be warned when buying stuffs online because unlike retail, u can't see and feel and won't know what sellers do at the other end. :biggrin:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/W810...-Camera-Bluetooth-FM-MP3-Free/1856604694.html

Always take time to read customers reviews especially ebay and Chinese e-commerce sites.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember the days when Nokia was the undisputed market leader?

How the mighty have fallen!

Nokia's death sped up when it was bought over by Microsoft (nothing good ever comes when dealing with Microsoft), and forced Nokia into making Windows phones which nobody wants.

The result is the Nokia handset maker no longer exists, and Microsoft had sucked up Nokia's patent portfolio.

Nokia could have made quality Android phones, it had the experience and hardware design prowess.

Towards the end, Microsoft forced Nokia (a phone maker) to make a Windows tablet (which nobody wants). That was the worst kind of insult, like raping a woman and then spitting on her when you're done.

Nokia-Lumia-2520-2-jpg.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Below is a sinkie company Cheapsalesitems88 dealing in party stuffs and they also sell vintage phones. They get good reviews from their customers but i figure that they buy them from China because China companies are abundance and offers the lowest prices but also fakes. This sinkie company Cheapsalesitems88 also marks up their prices by double for some of their phones :biggrin: I have never order from them before but i think $39 is a good price after comparing with sellers from China. ....

Thanks. I've been looking at the smaller phone shops without success. With the impending end of 2G I expect many to get rid of their old phones & I will likely find what I am looking for. :smile:

The price is actually $44 because you have to factor in the cost of shipping. Can get a cheap brand new Nokia phone for that price but I just don't like the Nokia interface. I have a few of the newer Nokia phones but my preference is for the Sony Ericson interface.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nokia's death sped up when it was bought over by Microsoft (nothing good ever comes when dealing with Microsoft), and forced Nokia into making Windows phones which nobody wants....

The newer Nokia phones I own are below $100. Profit margins must be very low.

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I've been looking at the smaller phone shops without success. With the impending end of 2G I expect many to get rid of their old phones & I will likely find what I am looking for. :smile:

The price is actually $44 because you have to factor in the cost of shipping. Can get a cheap brand new Nokia phone for that price but I just don't like the Nokia interface. I have a few of the newer Nokia phones but my preference is for the Sony Ericson interface.

For local companies u can self collect at their shops and many China companies offers free shipping.

RunRoad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro,

Am having a Samsung S4 now. As I switch my SIM card every time I get back SG, my S4 now kept getting hung as it cannot detect the SIM card. I would need to restart my S4 to receive call etc.

Would want to keep my S4 as my main phone coz too much trouble transferring contact list, photos etc over.

Any good non Japanese dual SIM Android phone to recommend?

Thanks a heap!

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Am having a Samsung S4 now. As I switch my SIM card every time I get back SG, my S4 now kept getting hung as it cannot detect the SIM card. I would need to restart my S4 to receive call etc.

Would want to keep my S4 as my main phone coz too much trouble transferring contact list, photos etc over.

Any good non Japanese dual SIM Android phone to recommend?

Thanks a heap!

Bro Sinkie!

Meizu M2 Note ! Mai tu liao! Good specs ! Can give Xiaomi a run for their money. I think Qoo10.sg should have but it's Meizu M2 Note (5.5 Inch)

If u are patient to wait for it's launch, the cheaper Meizu M2 (5 Inch)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Meizu-M2-goes-official-a-lot-of-phone-for-less-than-100_id72095

RunRoad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Sinkie!

Meizu M2 Note ! Mai tu liao! Good specs ! Can give Xiaomi a run for their money. I think Qoo10.sg should have but it's Meizu M2 Note (5.5 Inch)

If u are patient to wait for it's launch, the cheaper Meizu M2 (5 Inch)

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Meizu-M2-goes-official-a-lot-of-phone-for-less-than-100_id72095

Thanks mate,

WOW ... less than $100!! That is really good value.

"Overall, the phone has dimensions just slightly larger than the iPhone 6 (if we were to compare it with a mainstream device) and it will offer the now traditional for China dual SIM configuration (one micro SIM slot and a nano SIM slot that doubles as a microSD card slot)."

Does it means that if I used the dual SIM in that phone, then there will not be any storage "expandable to 128GB via microSD cards"?

p/s I am a RunRoad. I am a Sinkie as in Singaporean - but not that person by the nick "Sinkie".

Dhalsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks mate,

WOW ... less than $100!! That is really good value.

"Overall, the phone has dimensions just slightly larger than the iPhone 6 (if we were to compare it with a mainstream device) and it will offer the now traditional for China dual SIM configuration (one micro SIM slot and a nano SIM slot that doubles as a microSD card slot)."

Does it means that if I used the dual SIM in that phone, then there will not be any storage "expandable to 128GB via microSD cards"?

p/s I am a RunRoad. I am a Sinkie as in Singaporean - but not that person by the nick "Sinkie".

It's best that u confirm with the seller :biggrin: