• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Tan Chuan Jin: We are not supporting equal rights for Single Parents because

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...or-single-parents-because-it-is-not-the-norm/

[h=1]Minister Tan Chuan Jin: We are not supporting equal rights for Single Parents because it is not the “norm”[/h]admin / 14 hours ago July 28, 2015

In an interview with government-controlled media Channel News Asia, Minister for Social and Family Development (MSF) Tan Chuan Jin said that the ruling PAP Government will still not support equal rights for single parents because it is not the “norm”:
“Is it an indication or signal that we condone single-parenthood? That is something that you bear in mind. I do believe that society is sympathetic to single mums but we also need to be careful not to appear to encourage it as something that you could do.

We do see in other countries, individuals choosing as a matter of lifestyle: ‘It’s ok, I’m not married, but I don’t mind having a child.’ I don’t think we are there yet as a society. I’m sure there will be individuals and some who may disagree, but I don’t see that as a norm and I don’t personally feel that some of these changes would open the floodgates if you will, for that particular lifestyle to develop.”
Photo of Tan Chuan Jin from snipview

Single mothers in Singapore get half of the 16-weeks maternity leaves enjoyed by married mothers. They are also not entitled to Baby Bonus cash gift and Handicapped Child Relief. Minister Tan Chuan Jin also said that he will announce new changes to existing policies to “help” the single mothers before Budget 2016, but rules out allowing them to have equal rights with married parents. Going by Minister Tan Chuan Jin’s logic, it appears giving these single parents equal rights will result in an increase in the number of single parents and that married couples become single parents out of choice and not circumstances.

Minister Tan Chuan Jin comforted single mothers and their children saying that they still have access to healthcare and education opportunities:
“It’s about healthcare availability, it’s about education opportunities and the support that comes with it…

For example, all mothers, including unwed ones are currently eligible for infant care and childcare subsidies. Government-funded education programmes are also extended to all children.

I’ve not met a single child who is not going to school because they couldn’t pay school fees. Schools fees are provided for. Uniforms are provided for. School books are provided for. Pocket money.”
Single parents and their children in Singapore are however still required to pay the equal amount of taxes and serve National Service, even though they are entitled to less.
[h=3]Comments[/h]

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Minister Tan Chuan Jin: We are not supporting equal rights for Single Parents bec

[/INDENT] Photo of Tan Chuan Jin from snipview

I’ve not met a single child who is not going to school because they couldn’t pay school fees. Schools fees are provided for. Uniforms are provided for. School books are provided for. Pocket money.”
[/INDENT] Single parents and their children in Singapore are however still required to pay the equal amount of taxes and serve National Service, even though they are entitled to less.
[h=3]Comments[/h]

Is this guy the new court jester after Lim Swee Say:confused:

Still living in his own lala land. Just like he never met a cardboard collector who needs to do it purely because he/she is desperate for $. Really living in his own wonderland.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Minister Tan Chuan Jin: We are not supporting equal rights for Single Parents bec

This clown should recognise the fact that (apart from Malaysia) it is also not the norm to have idiotic ministers like himself.

Single parenthood is not a choice - and one that is taken with great pain, regret and plans to do better.

The more these guys talk, the more they demonstrate their stupdity.

And he was a top army officer?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is what happens when u have a christian or any religious fanatic in charge,different people start having different level of rights.pretty soon we all be singing kumbaya my lord and marrying our daughters and orgasming to jesus christ.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal

11709881_856728681047115_2891645558339182534_o.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

So this Bastard TJC has been twisting and turning even before election campaign starts....

So during election...he will even say...he had paid LKY a visit recently and have seen cardboard collection in Hades was a VERY PROFITABLE pass time, even for those condemned there! LoLoL

jw5

Loyal

It's not the norm to go around helping people who are not your family members and friends, so I guess we should not support that either. :rolleyes:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone reminded me that it was WP Lee Li Lian who raised the issue of benefits for single mum in 2013 By Election. Thank You LI Lian, your' 'slap' has made the driver wake up and change course!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Time to knock this first timer out.

JiuHuKia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tell tan chuan Jin diam lah ..... Ka Ki gong ka Ki song

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Paying millions to useless people also not the norm.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This clown has to talk cock to remain in the headlines.
Just another of those incompetent fools taken out from the army.
When was the last time any of these ex-military guys did a good job?

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dare him to say this in his election speeches la...

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal

they double standard also.
they punish single by paying $15000 extra for buying 2 room flat.