• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Message from SDP Dr Chee Soon Juan

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.cheesoonjuan.com/

Hi, everybody! Welcome to my blog.

The last time I took part in a general election was in 2001. That was a long time ago. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to taking part in the hustings again after an absence of almost 15 years. I’m excited about the prospect of getting into Parliament and raising issues that have long burdened Singaporeans. I want to push for fresh alternatives – like the ones that my party colleagues and I have worked on over the past few years. I want to kindle intelligent and substantive debate on the future of our nation.

But before all this can happen, there is still the matter of winning the electoral contest. To this end, there is much that needs to be done, not least of which is to ensure that the PAP’s tactic of character-assassination and m&d-slinging – a tactic at which it is eminently adept – is neutralised, if not altogether defeated.

Through the last quarter of a century, I have been on the receiving end of PAP’s vitriol. It started off with Mr Lee Kuan Yew calling me all manner of epithets such as “gangster” and “congenital liar”. The second prime minister, Mr Goh Chok Tong, openly mused about having me “annihilated”. Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong jumped in, dismissing me as a "liar" and “deceitful” person. All three sued me for defamation.

The torch of verbal abuse seemed to have been passed on to the younger generation of PAP leaders. Earlier this year, Minister Chan Chun Sing launched into a diatribe, labelling me a “political failure” in response to articles I wrote in CNN, The Wall Street Journal Asia, and Huffington Post.

As the years passed, the viciousness intensified
, culminating in the late Mr Lee calling me a "near-psychopath" in what seemed like an unhinged outburst during our court hearing in 2008.

Of course the rants would not have gone very far if not for their sustained amplification by the traditional media. Ms Chua Lee Hoong, former editor of The Straits Times, for example, dutifully echoed Mr Lee's sentiments about my mental state and added her own diagnosis - apparently I am also suffering from "antisocial personality disorder."

Other reporters got in on the act, too. A Ms Irene Ng from The New Paper had once asked me for an interview to which I obliged. In the write-up, she said that I was as “fishy as the tuna fish sandwich” that she had for lunch. Ms Ng is now the PAP MP in Tampines GRC.

The newspaper would not let up even when I was not the candidate.
In the last general election, Mr Melvin Singh gave readers the impression in his report 'Is he SDP’s Loose Cannon?' that I had attempted to conduct an illegal march. If Mr Singh had done even a cursory observation of my actions that night, he would have seen that I had gone into the crowd for the purpose of mingling with the audience, not to conduct any kind of protest.

Unethical but effective

I have highlighted only a few examples of the deeply unethical practice of our traditional media against me through the years, there are many more. I do this not as payback but to provide Singaporeans a clearer picture of how the state demolition machinery operates, especially when elections draw near.

The PAP and the media do what they do for two uncomplicated reasons: One, it knows that ad hominem attacks are effective in painting opposition candidates as dangerous elements and therefore unworthy of support. Two, it distracts the electorate from focusing on PAP policies, many of which voters are unhappy with.

The barrage of attacks on me over the last quarter-of-a-century has taken a toll. There are many Singaporeans who still believe the PAP’s propaganda.

But now, at least, there is the social media which has enabled me to relate my side of the story and to fight back. Fighting back, however, does not mean returning like for like. Using smear tactics by whichever side of the political divide to ruin our opponents is detrimental to Singapore's future; it turns people off politics and discourages capable citizens from stepping forward as candidates.

Instead, I will fight back by continuing to focus on the problems that Singaporeans are concerned with. I will fight back by offering voters alternatives and to give you a reason to vote for the SDP, not just against the PAP. I will fight back by standing firm no matter what they throw at me.

I urge opposition supporters not to engage in verbal abuse of PAP candidates. The truth is that not everyone in the ruling party are out only for wealth and power, there are those who genuinely care about Singapore. Similarly, not all reporters are intent on journalistic malice to kneecap the opposition. There are many who are trying their best to remain true to their profession by reporting events fairly.

So in the interest of conducting a robust but positive campaign in the coming general election, let us focus on the issues. My colleagues and I in the SDP promise to, in football parlance, play the ball not the man.

Singapore is in a new era in our political development. Let us leave behind the old politics of personal hatred, vindictiveness and destruction. Let us, instead, rise to the challenge of making our public discourse worthy of our nation.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201507/why-you-should-not-vote-sdp-integrity-they-lack-it

Message from an ex-SDP member

The Singapore Democratic Party is not worthy of the vote of Singaporeans. Why do I say this? People can be dishonest as kids, as teens or even as young adults. But those putting themselves forward as potential "political leaders" should have worked out their past integrity issues.

I will provide two examples of relatively clear deceits that speak to the character of the SDP. One of those was made "under duress" (somewhat) and the other was completely unforced.

The first example is one of them engaging in character assassination based on deceits, which is ironic given how often they claim to be victims of it. Can this be said definitively? After all, most unhappiness where the term "character assassination" is used end up as undecidable instances of "he-said she-said". Well, for this example, yes. Here, the evidence of bullshit spinning is clear.

I will talk about an instance directed at myself which was extremely clearly deceitful because the SDP messed up so badly. They claimed that "something they decided on a certain date" was supported by a pile of "evidence" which all was dated after. (They said some decision was made in Jul 2014, and provided evidence mostly dated after that. So to accept their claim is to accept that they can see into the future.)

If they prove they can time travel, I guess that charge can be withdrawn. But given their focus on obtaining funds, it would have been unbelievable that they did not make use of their prescience to raise funds using information on future stock price movements. No, it is more likely they were just not vigilant in crafting their fraud.

Specifically, for this fraud, one can point to a certain Assistant ("Assailant"?) Secretary General Christopher Ang who acted on behalf of the SDP CEC. I cannot say for certain, but it is highly likely that the draft received a direct approval from the Secretary General, based on how the SDP leadership operates. (It just goes to show how incompetent they are when such checks just fail.)

Also, the "evidence" was not even damning in any way. Especially since it all happened after I reduced my involvement and would be more blunt about my views.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59997294q...r_Assasination_Attempt_TRS_Annotated.pdf?dl=0

Open it in Acrobat Reader to see the comments. (The annotations may not show up in a mobile web browser plugin.) Juxtaposed with "evidence", it should be fairly interesting.

Perhaps one might say that the above was all done under duress. I can appreciate it. They needed to explain the public and angry departure of a party member who was involved in the "core group", and they probably felt the need to respond soon. Especially since there were allegations of (other) dishonest behavior and claims that CEC members themselves would have been witnesses (who told me of the said dishonest behavior without whom I would not have known about it). I can appreciate the "pressure" excuse. After all, in my life, the lies I told that I am deeply embarrassed about were told under pressure. I'm not proud of it, but I guess I can understand what happened.

But the SDP leadership... Ok, I'll point to one particular person -- Chee Soon Juan -- lies and (poorly) weaves deceits without duress. I call those "unforced lies". Here is an obvious lie. He made the claim that a certain David Goh was an author of the SDP public housing proposals when I had never heard of him prior to that "authour list announcement". Let me be clear. I crafted a substantial part of the content and put the paper together based on discussion and CEC decision (I have a strong policy disagreement with one decision, but that is a different matter), so I should reasonably know of all the major contributors and their contributions. So that authour list add-on was an unforced lie, one made because Chee Soon Juan probably wanted to pad the author list with an "accountant and property consultant" to add credibility.

It may seem, to those who have not seen the seedy underbelly of the SDP, unfair when someone like me points out that something said by Chee Soon Juan is likely to be a lie. But, in the fashion of Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink", I'd say that those comments are made when something doesn't quite smell right. And I claim (without proof) that I am rather accurate on that count. (Granted, this is a useless skill. How much more useful would it be to be able to identify stocks that will quickly rise using limited information.)

So don't vote for the SDP. Find a better alternative. If no good alternative is available you can still express opposition views by casting a spoilt vote.

- See more at: http://jeremy-chen.org/blog/201507/...p-integrity-they-lack-it#sthash.om6OG1gg.dpuf