• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Opposition Parties (minus WP) Win A GRC?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, only the WP is able to bring down another GRC. I am quite certain the others wont make it. Needless to say, I hope I am wrong.

Best bet is SMCs for the others.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope other parties are open to co-broking for a GRC.

I wquld like to see KJ team up with SF or SDP. Seriously, KJ can come in handy in Parliament when oppositions round up to ask the government questions on Temasek, GIC and CPF. I don't think Tharman can handle him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope other parties are open to co-broking for a GRC.

I wquld like to see KJ team up with SF or SDP. Seriously, KJ can come in handy in Parliament when oppositions round up to ask the government questions on Temasek, GIC and CPF. I don't think Tharman can handle him.

Agree. The others, on their own, dont have the depth required. They need to

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, only the WP is able to bring down another GRC. I am quite certain the others wont make it. Needless to say, I hope I am wrong.

Best bet is SMCs for the others.

If the top few opposition parties, minus WP, form a coalition ...they can win GRC and many seats. WP and Opposition Coalition can form the next government.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from the look of things now, it's hard to see the Opposition except WP winning a GRC. the WP is only contesting 1/3 of seats. if the PAP is to be denied its 2/3 majority, the rest of Opposition somehow has to win not 1 but at least 2 GRC. mission impossible ?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
good chance as PAP is too much!! time for a change
even lDP Japan got booted out after decades of power

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
from the look of things now, it's hard to see the Opposition except WP winning a GRC. the WP is only contesting 1/3 of seats. if the PAP is to be denied its 2/3 majority, the rest of Opposition somehow has to win not 1 but at least 2 GRC. mission impossible ?

next battle is VO tony tan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who will be the next strongest link...

2a45c0e

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opposition parties should contest and win a SMC. They need the experience to run a TC. Look at LTK. He had run HG TC for almost 20 years before he went over to a GRC.

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Later then talk about TC !
Most important MUST win a SMC / GRC. Or discuss so much also no point.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Opposition parties should contest and win a SMC. They need the experience to run a TC. Look at LTK. He had run HG TC for almost 20 years before he went over to a GRC.

I think it is much easier to run a TC if the PAP incumbents who got voted out don't sabo. :wink: