• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ChannelNewsAsia & Today MSM are greedy and stupid...

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Channel News Asia and Today papers Android App are unusable with all its Ads.
Whoever did the app are greedy bastards, just to make some advertisement revenues, they render the App unusable.

That is darn stoopig......I uninstall immediately!!

Channel News Asia is worse. It's live streaming on Android needs the app called Hook.

Live streaming from CCTV on android browser where got need such stoopig app called Hook? That is 1st class in my book. CNA leh? Fuck your backside man.....you cheebyes are stoopig if you need Hook to run the live stream.

Besides, it's not as if Hook gives great resolution and bitrate.....the streaming is so grainy I cannot figure out Glenda Chong's pretty face.......KNN, really no fucking standard man CNA. Better lose money and close shop fast and another media company take over......

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apps that are free will always be bombarded with ads.
Google, yahoo and microshit all does the same

Have you downloaded CNN and CNBC?

Yahoo where got those cheapskat ads like Abmobi and those stoopig ads? Even Google and MS no such spammy ads.

Wake up your fucking idea if you never try to download and see for yourself.

I know what the fuck I'm saying. The comments on their App page also whack them. Just go read the comments.
More negative than positive. EPIC FAIL man.......greedy bastards but stoopig...........chase people away that's all.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why waste your time watching CNA. Just install Kodi/XBMC & you can watch BBC, CNN, CNBC, Al Jazera,...

I usually watch Indonesian TV stations because they usually have english movies. Not all of them are dubbed in Indo, sometimes they are in english & subtitled in Indo.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why waste your time watching CNA. Just install Kodi/XBMC & you can watch BBC, CNN, CNBC, Al Jazera,...

I usually watch Indonesian TV stations because they usually have english movies. Not all of them are dubbed in Indo, sometimes they are in english & subtitled in Indo.

Sorry, I have XBMC but dont know how to use leh. Can you give me step by step? Where to get the streams?

PS: I need to watch CNA because of Glenda Chong lah.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone know how XBMC works....how do I set it up and where to get those news streams? How?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kodi? what the fuck is that?

I've XMBC but don't know how to set it up. You know? Teach me lah.

Mobile sites is one thing, but I only need CNA and their mobile site uses Hook, which is an app.

I also need CNBC, which I can watch it free on mobile site, but I prefer to have all the news streams in XMBC or Kodi or whatever...but how? What plugins needed? Where are the streams?

theone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you try InstantTV? It's also littered with ads, especially for Android version, but you can pay to remove them. I find the video streams for local channels to be very watchable... you can definitely see the lovely Glenda Chong without any problems :o

Be careful about data usage if you're on mobile broadband.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you try InstantTV? It's also littered with ads, especially for Android version, but you can pay to remove them. I find the video streams for local channels to be very watchable... you can definitely see the lovely Glenda Chong without any problems :o

Be careful about data usage if you're on mobile broadband.

That's because you're not in Sinkapoor. In Sinkapoor, cannot watch local channels, it asks for I/C to verify.

theone

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's because you're not in Sinkapoor. In Sinkapoor, cannot watch local channels, it asks for I/C to verify.

Eh? I am in Sinkapoor, and it's never asked me for I/C or any kind of verification. Can watch all local channels.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eh? I am in Sinkapoor, and it's never asked me for I/C or any kind of verification. Can watch all local channels.

Is it? So, my search was in vain all along? In plain sight? Let me try.....

And my advice to Mediacockadoo, stop profiting from your channel 5, channel 8 and Channel U with the tie-up with Toggle.......you are fucking shameless.........free to air channels end up snipped out by Toggle.........greedy bastards!!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Okie, my mistake.....Instant TV could not find my local IP and assumes I'm overseas so when I switch to Singapore local channels, it asks for my I/C to verfiy I'm Singaporean.......that is fucking dumb really. Now, I think with the upgrade, it is not happening and all is well, but the ads are really a nuisance.........

Considering the other security risk, the app asks for permission to access your photos and files. Now, why would it requires that? It is for the recording of the programs but that also requires one to login to facebook, another security risk.

My take is that the local channels are all free-to-air...........so Mediacockadoo is a piece of greedy shit that ties up with Toggle iand this Instant TV and allow these thrid party to profit from it....which obviously as the national broadcaster, it should not allow.