• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will WP Split Its MPs in Aljunied GRC?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Fair enough. But I rather see WP retaining Aljunied GRC with 50.1% and another 50.1% in another GRC than 75% in Aljunied and losses elsewhere.

AJ GRC, EC GRC plus MP GRC, HG SMC, PE SMC and FS SMC, let's make it work for WP.
cho kang! cho kang! time to cho kang!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is how you grow and become bigger. Up the ante up the stakes. Not to mention WP is more than ready
I'm sure this strategy is already in WP's war manual.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fair enough. But I rather see WP retaining Aljunied GRC with 50.1% and another 50.1% in another GRC than 75% in Aljunied and losses elsewhere.

What if WP don't made any further inroad other than to retain AJ GRC with a even smaller margin? That will put WP in a precarious position for the next GE 20. I don't rule out the possibility of WP splitting their team but I would wager more toward them remaining intact.

Don't forget both WP and PAP won AJ grc and EC GRC at 54% respectively. If we think EC is a danger zone for pap,so is AJ a danger zone for WP. There is really no room for complacency.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both sides got to make the right strategy as any missteps will prove disastrous. WP got the by election effect. PAP will try to whack WP over municipal issues. PAP got press media but WP got social media. Look like a good matchup! Let's the games begin!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What if WP don't made any further inroad other than to retain AJ GRC with a even smaller margin? That will put WP in a precarious position for the next GE 20. I don't rule out the possibility of WP splitting their team but I would wager more toward them remaining intact.

Don't forget both WP and PAP won AJ grc and EC GRC at 54% respectively. If we think EC is a danger zone for pap,so is AJ a danger zone for WP. There is really no room for complacency.

I think WP will keep the Aljunied team intact.

At present, WP is the only party with a GRC. Voters will remember that when they go to vote. They will know that it is no certainty at all that WP or any other party will win another GRC, and they won't want to risk having no opposition GRC at all.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK is strong enough to anchor the fort in AJ.
SL and CSM (by bringing their experience) can advance the attack on EC/ MP with JJ and the rest of the new crew.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The entire WP team should stay at Aljunied. Low Thia Khiang alone is not enough to deal with Victor Lye and his team of giant killers.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK and SL are senior enough to each lead a team. It's either LTK or SL in Aljunied GRC.

The NCMPs have had enough media exposure, and most people know them pretty well. LTK or SL can each take one - either GG or YJJ. WP can easily swallow another GRC - easily.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't think its a good strategy. What kind of message are u sending to aljunied grc residents? Is your priority serving the residents or leveraging your name to expand territory for your party? Leaving hougang smc to take down a grc is still understandable. Leaving a grc to contest another grc is no no. It shows your party have no other good leaders to lead a grc team.

very wise indeed

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It not just about retaining their seats in AJ GRC, it crucial that WP improves on their margin there to show the entire country that voters in AJ GRC give WP an endorsement for their works. And this will give others the confidence in WP. Hence it important WP A' team remains intact.

yes..............very wise indeed

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
SL have been contesting Aljunied all this while, I say she will still run there. The real fight will be in Marine Parade... I'm really looking forward to whoever runs there. LTK and CSM will lead the team for EC GRC or MP GRC.. YJJ at MP, GG at EC, Pritam at Jalan Besar...

Interesting thing to note, a star studded team of Yaacob, *uck Yew, Edwin Tong and Denise Phua ** won 58.55% of the votes against the WP's Mohd Rahizan, Toh Hong Boon, L Somasundram & Frieda Chan 41.45% in 2011...

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
AJ GRC team aside the main issue now is if WP going to split the remaining talents into the other 4 GRC team or group the top cohort into one team? For instance we know they got 2 very good candidates Daniel goh and Leon perera. So is WP going to assign these 2 candidates into one team or assign them to different teams.

My take is it makes better tactical sense to split the talents because in a GRC team, different candidates should have different strengths and they should complement each other. Ideally a GRC team should comprise the following.

1. An establish figure in politics and he will usually be the team leader e.g GG, LTK, SL
2. One A 'star candidate mainly aim at middle ground. E.g csm, Leon perera
3. One young candidate for the younger voters e.g NS
4. One woman candidate for women voters
5. One good minority candidate to draw the minority votes.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't think the Aljunied mps would contest other GRCs. the WP has to consolidate its position in Aljunied albeit winning with a bigger margin. right now, apart from LTK and maybe SL, the other 3 won't have much of a positive impact on the other constituencies. LTK contesting in Aljunied last election was significantly decisive and probably secured the comfortable victory margin for the WP.