• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will WP Split Its MPs in Aljunied GRC?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I favour WP doing so. No need for LTK and SL to be together. They are competent enough to each head a team. Voters in Aljunied understands and wont feel shortchanged. It's worth taking the risk. Either CSM or Pritam can move on to another GRC. Agree?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ltk take on Raymond lim himself? Furthermore fengshan right next to his current bedok reservoir seat. Hougang ave 4 no need LTK also will win as ppl only recognized the Hammer.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
IMHO, the EC GRC team to include GG, MP GRC team to include YJJ & CSM, AJ GRC to include M Faisal & Pritam. LTK & SL can fit into their positions in AJ & EC GRC nicely. PEH & L-cube can stay at their respective positions.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I favour WP doing so. No need for LTK and SL to be together. They are competent enough to each head a team. Voters in Aljunied understands and wont feel shortchanged. It's worth taking the risk. Either CSM or Pritam can move on to another GRC. Agree?

Wow...machiam All-England Badminton Tournament seeding of players.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the MIW in top form, I opine better to remain same same. The ground is not sweet for the MIW and this is the best time to 'loke tu' and be confident. WP, go for it.

Interstellar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't think its a good strategy. What kind of message are u sending to aljunied grc residents? Is your priority serving the residents or leveraging your name to expand territory for your party? Leaving hougang smc to take down a grc is still understandable. Leaving a grc to contest another grc is no no. It shows your party have no other good leaders to lead a grc team.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP to get more seats will need to leave their comfort zone and expand out to other GRC with an old bird leading some new members.
Expand into other SMC not much of a high chance for WP and I think they should focus their resources more on GRC.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't think its a good strategy. What kind of message are u sending to aljunied grc residents? Is your priority serving the residents or leveraging your name to expand territory for your party? Leaving hougang smc to take down a grc is still understandable. Leaving a grc to contest another grc is no no. It shows your party have no other good leaders to lead a grc team.

No. It gives voters more confidence that town councils etc will be set up properly.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
SL should remain and helm Aljunied GRC.

LTK and CSM should feature together in another GRC, preferably Marine Parade to knock GCT off the perch. YJJ should perhaps join them in Marine Parade. That will be a pretty strong team for WP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. It gives voters more confidence that town councils etc will be set up properly.

WP TC has put PAP TCs to shame.

That the WP TC was able to maintain services despite the PAP government withholding funds for two years show how efficient the WP TC is.
Also the WP TC receives less funding than the PAP TCs.

WP should make TC efficiency an election issue - challenge the government to stop funding TCs for operations. Then it will be obvious that the PAP TCs are bloated bureaucracy serving the interests of the PAP instead of the PAP.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sound like a logical next step

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
me always in favour of this strategy... hope the voters in AJ GRC understand and give their blessings to the WP,
should LTK decides on this move.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree too.................

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the MIW in top form, I opine better to remain same same. The ground is not sweet for the MIW and this is the best time to 'loke tu' and be confident. WP, go for it.

Wise words! I second that! At the last GE, LTK moved out from his Hougang SMC comfort zone into uncharted territory in Aljunied GRC and his team succeeded. It's time to go for the PAP jugular. PAP ministers have consistently chalked up a string of failures, cock-ups and missteps. Ground is in fact ranging from Little India riots to MRT breakdowns. Besides LKY has gone into the history books. The ground has never been sweeter for all the Opposition.:biggrin:

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise words! I second that! At the last GE, LTK moved out from his Hougang SMC comfort zone into uncharted territory in Aljunied GRC and his team succeeded. It's time to go for the PAP jugular. PAP ministers have consistently chalked up a string of failures, cock-ups and missteps. Ground is in fact ranging from Little India riots to MRT breakdowns. Besides LKY has gone into the history books. The ground has never been sweeter for all the Opposition.:biggrin:

CNA reports that 54% of the coming GE voters are born after independence. Young voters will not feel as indebted to LKY as those old cocks. Also the younger generation as internet savvy and will not rely solely on state controlled media for information. This GE will really show how the political road will head after LKY era.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

It not just about retaining their seats in AJ GRC, it crucial that WP improves on their margin there to show the entire country that voters in AJ GRC give WP an endorsement for their works. And this will give others the confidence in WP. Hence it important WP A' team remains intact.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It not just about retaining their seats in AJ GRC, it crucial that WP improves on their margin there to show the entire country that voters in AJ GRC give WP an endorsement for their works. And this will give others the confidence in WP. Hence it important WP A' team remains intact.

Fair enough. But I rather see WP retaining Aljunied GRC with 50.1% and another 50.1% in another GRC than 75% in Aljunied and losses elsewhere.