• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So many lawyers buay song PAPpies!?

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible MP/ EC WP team

Associate Professor Daniel Goh, NUS Lecturer
Gerald Giam, Master Degree holder, IT Consultant & Webmaster
Dennis Tan, Managing Partner of Law Firm
Firuz Khan, Master Degree holder, Banker and Businessman
Leon Perera, Oxford Double First Honours, CEO, ex-assistant head of EDB
Yee Jenn Jong, Double Master Degree Holder, IT expert
Terence Tan, Lawyer
Wlison Foo, Double degree holder, Lawyer

Not to mention SL and CSM

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possible MP/ EC WP team

Associate Professor Daniel Goh, NUS Lecturer
Gerald Giam, Master Degree holder, IT Consultant & Webmaster
Dennis Tan, Managing Partner of Law Firm
Firuz Khan, Master Degree holder, Banker and Businessman
Leon Perera, Oxford Double First Honours, CEO, ex-assistant head of EDB
Yee Jenn Jong, Double Master Degree Holder, IT expert
Terence Tan, Lawyer
Wlison Foo, Double degree holder, Lawyer

Not to mention SL and CSM

These 2 are lawyers? I can fall asleep hearing them speak in parliament.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past we had CST and LHD, both under SDP flag. Also not forgetting the legendary JBJ.

I think it has something to do with knowledge of constitutional law, which I believe is a compulsory subject for all law undergraduates.

Then again, you will also notice that lawyers running big and successful practices will not join the opposition camp. CSM is an exception because he has never been a Sg lawyer. The point is most successful local ones are beholden to the government. The legal profession is just like any other businesses. It's run like a business, and if you don't have any government contracts to supply a regular income for your law practice, then you will be scavenging for business like an insurance or property agent.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past we had CST and LHD, both under SDP flag. Also not forgetting the legendary JBJ.

I think it has something to do with knowledge of constitutional law, which I believe is a compulsory subject for all law undergraduates.

Then again, you will also notice that lawyers running big and successful practices will not join the opposition camp. CSM is an exception because he has never been a Sg lawyer. The point is most successful local ones are beholden to the government. The legal profession is just like any other businesses. It's run like a business, and if you don't have any government contracts to supply a regular income for your law practice, then you will be scavenging for business like an insurance or property agent.

Agree. You can have 10 Lings and nothing happens. CST is a great man but not so eloquent and sharp to take on an army like the PAP.

Not many decent lawyers would confront the government as opposition members. Rice bowl is more important. CSM has my respect. He was making millions and yet chose to give it all up. Who in the PAP comes close?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
if they feel their rice bowl is a more important then they should not even go into politics.

Agree. You can have 10 Lings and nothing happens. CST is a great man but not so eloquent and sharp to take on an army like the PAP.

Not many decent lawyers would confront the government as opposition members. Rice bowl is more important. CSM has my respect. He was making millions and yet chose to give it all up. Who in the PAP comes close?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
really? how many times did u actually hear them in parliament
i actually forget they are part of parliament.
useless WP dorks

These 2 are lawyers? I can fall asleep hearing them speak in parliament.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Giving up millions is nothing compared to giving up one's soul. Who in the WP comes close ?