• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lower Delta slapping : Neighbour arrested and charged

Prodigy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Case involving video of woman being abused: Neighbour arrested and charged

darwinder240715e.jpg

Darwinder Singh, 39, has been accused of abetting his next-door neighbour in feeding her mother with human faeces and urine. ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published Jul 24, 2015, 3:15 pm SGT
Updated Jul 24, 2015, 7:07 pm
Olivia Ho

SINGAPORE - In the latest twist surrounding a viral video that showed an elderly woman allegedly being abused by her daughter outside their Lower Delta Road flat, their neighbour was arrested and charged on Friday (July 24) in court.

Darwinder Singh, 39, stands accused of abetting his next-door neighbour Siti Nur Redha Khamis, 25, in feeding her mother Kamisah Burel, 58, with human faeces and urine.

He has been remanded for a week in order for the police to conduct raids and help with investigations into other possible offences, which a police prosecutor said could have taken place over a long time.

Addressing the court, Singh said he had told Ms Siti to feed her mother the faeces only once, but that she had done it every day.

He maintained that Ms Siti had been out of work for eight months, and that he had tried to support her. "I pawned my jewellery. I sold my handphone and laptop for her.

"She's accused me of a lot of things."

He added that his mother, Madam Asha, had nobody to depend on but him, and that they both had medical conditions.

Singh had earlier furnished The New Paper with photos that he claimed to have secretly snapped of the alleged abuse. The photos seemed to show Madam Kamisah being beaten with brooms, having her hair pulled, and stepped on.

The alleged abuse made waves online after another neighbour, Mr Mohammad Juani, 25, posted a video on Facebook of Madam Kamisah being slapped outside her flat by Ms Siti.

Singh will next appear in court on July 31.

If convicted, he faces up to seven years in jail, a fine, caning, or any combination of the above.

[email protected]

Prodigy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Elderly abuse case: Neighbour Darwinder Singh faces 2 more charges, IMH remand

darwin.jpg

Darwinder Singh Sukhdev Singh. Darwinder Singh Sukhdev Singh.ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published Jul 31, 2015, 10:56 am SGT
Updated Jul 31, 2015, 11:34 am
Olivia Ho

SINGAPORE - The neighbour charged last week with abetting the abuse of an elderly woman in Lower Delta Road was hit with two additional charges on Friday (July 30).

Darwinder Singh Sukhdev Singh, 39, stands accused of abetting Mr Khamis Abas, who is understood to be Madam Kamisah Burel's husband, in feeding her faeces and urine. He also allegedly slapped Mr Khamis's face some time last year.

Darwinder, who is unemployed, was first hauled to court last Friday for allegedly abetting Madam Kamisah's daughter Siti Nur Redha Khamis, 25, in feeding the 58-year-old woman excrement.

He will be remanded for two weeks at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) to assess his soundness of mind when the alleged offences occurred.

The case came under the spotlight last Monday when another neighbour, 25-year-old Mohammad Juani, posted a video on Facebook of Madam Kamisah seemingly being slapped by Ms Siti outside their Lower Delta Road flat. The video went viral, prompting a surge of online outrage.

Darwinder said he wanted to engage a lawyer through the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme (Clas), and once more pleaded with the court to extend bail so that he could take care of his mother.

He said: "My mother got no one to take care of her other than me. She has heart problems.

"I need to apply for a legal aid lawyer. Please help me."

District Judge Janet Wang said Darwinder could apply to Clas, but that he had to remain in remand until his next court appearance on Aug 14.

His mother, Madam Diah Kaur, 63, was in court accompanied by representatives from the Ministry of Social and Family Development and the Samaritans of Singapore, as well as a female friend.

She seemed confused about what was happening to her son. "Where are they taking him now? Can I go see him?" she asked of her companions.

"I'm so worried about him," she told The Straits Times, adding that she was stressed and felt dizzy.

If convicted of abetting voluntarily causing hurt, Darwinder faces up to seven years in jail, a fine, caning or any combination of the above. If convicted of slapping Mr Khamis, he could face up to two years in jail, fined up to $5,000 or both.