• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No need to think...haha

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need to think and think who to vote....just smile and relax

VOTE PAP FOR SURE

just relax and vote in the winning team

the team that will ensure a prosperous Singapore..

funny-cartoon-baby-pictures-sweet.png

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
No need to think and think who to vote...

Yup, my family members, extended family members, associates and kakis have been voting for any opposition parties since 1988. Yes, we'll continue to fuck PAP by denying them the votes.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in Canada, when the elections were getting close, I asked my colleague who was from PRC about how he felt about voting. His reply was classic, "The only difference between a dictator authoritarian state, and a democratic country is that in the democratic country, you get to choose who fucks you!" I have to say I agree with him.

I am not eligible to vote in Singapore, but only observe with amusement, however if I were to vote, I would favour the underdog as I normally would in most contests, I doubt if the choice will make much difference in Singapore, there are other regional factors affecting the well-being of the nation state. Of course if the leadership were idiots, corrupt, or simply lousy, then it would be bad, but all other cases, it is the regional situation that is of greater importance. Guys, just vote who you wish for. All politicians are in it for themselves.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All politicians are in it for themselves.

That's why you put checks and balances on their power, and not let them do whatever they please, even to the extent that they are doing it 'for your own good' or 'for the good of the country'.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in Canada, when the elections were getting close, I asked my colleague who was from PRC about how he felt about voting. His reply was classic, "The only difference between a dictator authoritarian state, and a democratic country is that in the democratic country, you get to choose who fucks you!" I have to say I agree with him.

I am not eligible to vote in Singapore, but only observe with amusement, however if I were to vote, I would favour the underdog as I normally would in most contests, I doubt if the choice will make much difference in Singapore, there are other regional factors affecting the well-being of the nation state. Of course if the leadership were idiots, corrupt, or simply lousy, then it would be bad, but all other cases, it is the regional situation that is of greater importance. Guys, just vote who you wish for. All politicians are in it for themselves.

Cheers!

u need to stop listening to your chink friend,last thing on earth u want to trust is a chink especially one from the PRC.hongkies know that,taiwanese know that a long time ago,sinkies still havent learnt that.

choice is always good,without choice u have a monopoly and monopolies are bad,bad economically,politically and socially.choice is always good for the consumer,more competition is good.when u have a government monopoly whose in control of the economy,politics and judiciary,u have a trifecta of bullshit.incompetent companies that cannot survive without a monopoly,charging overpriced for essential goods and services sucking wealth from the masses,parachuting incompetent idiots into the state owned companies causing more productivity loss and increase in cost of goods and services.paying skyhigh prices for inferior quality products,example hdb pigeon holes,smrt fares,singtel,starhub and m1 services,toastbox crap,NTUC fairprice,food fair.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
four reasons why monopolies is bad

1. Since monopolies are the only provider, they can set pretty much any price they choose. This is known as price-fixing. They can pretty much do this, regardless of demand, because they know the consumer has no choice. This is especially true for goods and services where there is inelastic demand, where people don't have a lot of flexibility. An example of this is gasoline. There are choices, such as mass transit or bicycles, but they aren't an easy substitute in many areas.

2. Not only can monopolies raise prices, they can also supply inferior products. This has happened in some urban areas, where grocery stores know that the poor urban dweller has fewer alternatives.

3. Monopolies are also bad for an economy because the manufacturer has no incentive to innovate, and provide "new and improved" products. This used to be true of cable companies. It was expensive to lay new cable, so residents had to accept the cable company's service and prices. However, disruptive technology is the worst enemy of monopolies. Dish TV, iPads, and Netflix has created a new type of entertainment service that doesn't rely on cable to deliver movies and TV programming. The same thing happened with land-line telephones.

4. They can create inflation. Since they can set any price they want, they will raise costs to consumers. This is known as cost-push inflation. A good example of how this works is OPEC, or the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. The twelve oil exporting countries in OPEC now control the price of 46% of the oil produced in the world. However, this is not a true monopoly, but more of a cartel. First, most of the oil is produced by one country, Saudi Arabia. It has a far greater ability to affect the price by itself by raising or lowering output. Second, the price set by OPEC must be agreed to by all its members. Even if they agree to it, some may try to undercut the price to gain a little extra market share. It is difficult to enforce the OPEC price. However, the countries within OPEC still make more per barrel of oil than they did before OPEC.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why you put checks and balances on their power, and not let them do whatever they please, even to the extent that they are doing it 'for your own good' or 'for the good of the country'.

Indeed, monopoly in any sense is bad.

But choose good Oppositions like WP and not those KPKB type.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vote for Dr Chee Soon Juan. it is said that he is our Sun Yat-sen. he is the equivalent of 10 WP mps in parliament.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
vote for Dr Chee Soon Juan. it is said that he is our Sun Yat-sen. he is the equivalent of 10 WP mps in parliament.

Just for the records...

Chee joined the SDP in 1992, and became its Secretary-General following the ousting of the party's founder, Chiam See Tong (with whom Chee and the rest of the party's leadership have had a number of disagreements). The party had three Members of Parliament (MPs) at the time Chee took over as Secretary-General, but was reduced to no MPs at the 1997 general election and has not had any of its members elected to Parliament since then.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
YES!!! Look at what became of Singapore when folks voted for the opposition in 1959!!!

this is what we got for dissing the jew and voting in a commie-supporting baba chink. ask rahstarfarian why he think chinks are so good?

chinks worse than jews.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
11709381_938343929561647_3762282694008099515_n.jpg

no need to think so hard lah
monopoly this meritocracy that
one party this and wp that

the only viable party to govern Singapore is pap for sure

the others are just side kicks and wayang...

pap is the only party that will continue to govern Singapore with wisdom and foresight
you vote in the others at your own peril

OPPO is dead..dead....dead............yes, all in for their own selfish ends...nothing tangible
just empty talk empty promises empty platforms that will collapse once they are voted in..

so no need to think so hard
close your eyes
open your minds

VOTE THE PAP !!!!!!!!!!!