• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Hsien Loong: 6.9 Million Population is my good intention. TRUE?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/07/22/lee-hsien-loong-6-9-million-population-is-my-good-intention/

[h=1]Lee Hsien Loong: 6.9 Million Population is my good intention[/h]admin / 2 days ago July 22, 2015

In an one hour dialogue at a forum on Tuesday (July 21), Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that the 2013 Population White Paper’s projection of 6.9 million population is his good intention and he hopes that Singaporeans will accept it:
Channel News Asia: Referring to the 2013 Population White Paper, which projected a population increase of up to 6.9 million by 2030, Mr Lee said the “very strong” reactions from people were expected.

So, we slow down the foreign intake — we have corrected the policy. But we need to let people know more about our dilemma, that we have this responsibility as the country’s leaders. This is a hot potato for the Singapore Government, but we’re the leaders, and we hope people will accept that we have good intentions.”
When the 6.9 million population projection was presented in 2013, more than 4,000 Singaporeans took to Hong Lim Park and protest. Many Singaporeans reacted strongly against the 6.9 million target because Singapore at present is overcrowded and its infrastructure are collapsing under its own weight at the current population of 5.5 million.

Photo of Lee Hsien Loong from Yahoo Singapore

The influx of foreigners during Lee Hsien Loong’s premiership has resulted in a declining standard of living for Singaporeans caused primarily by the depression of wages due to availability of cheap foreign labour. In a country with near non-existent labour laws like Singapore, employers undercut salaries and pay as low as S$3 an hour for a cleaner from China. The middle class Professionals, Managers, Engineers and Technicians (PMETs) are also badly hit by the cheap influx of foreign degree holders, whom recently made headlines in a series of fake qualifications scandals.

Singapore’s economy sees falling productivity every year ever since the flood gate was opened. However as the ruling PAP Government requires more votes from new citizens, it is unlikely they will change their stance on increasing the population. A recent former senior civil servant with the Government HDB statutory board, Liu Thai Ker, even proposed to have Singapore’s population increased to 10 million. His idea was met with severe criticisms from Singaporeans but the Singapore Government remained silent on his comment.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11167808_107553512912497_6015375111829054775_n.jpg

Fivety ComeWho cares about your intentions? Do they benefit the people or your party?
You have been importing Indians till no sunlight and put them in East Coast, the worst performing GRC in the last election...that's good intentions!

Like · Reply ·
like.png
4 · Jul 22, 2015 10:22am
10325251_10203324393806488_4819439016645034073_n.jpg

Patrick Chiang · Anglo-Chinese School
No more crocodile tears to shed but now sweet talk. Wayang again GE is coming lol
Like · Reply ·
like.png
1 · Jul 22, 2015 4:40pm

John Kemp · Driver at USAirways
For the FTs coming here, is a palace bcos from low starting base.We suffer declining standard cannot accept.
Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Liang MinAfter the next GE, am very sure there will be the 10m PWP, or maybe a 15m PWP............
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Liang MinWhat Roy Ngerng said about the CPF, the GIC, etc and the striking resemblance to CHC's creative round-tripping was also done with good intentions....but PM Lee just did not or fail to take that intention graciously, but reacted pugnaciously....haiz
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Terry Liew · Foon Yew High School
I thought his father said that this land can sustain 5.5million population?
Like · Reply · 17 hrs

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Promises made in the GE2006 and GE2011 PAP manifestos were broken. So why should we trust you a third time, Lee Hsien Loong? :rolleyes:

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
FOR THE sake of Singaporeans and Singapore,
the rough and tough road must be the one..

GOOD INTENTIONS is always the key to winning the people hearts and souls
and the PAP has won the people hearts and souls with their proven world governance..

vote for the pap!!!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
definitely! ...

raising my own salary n giving myself fat bonuses r oso my gud intentions ... peasants shud never question my decisions ...

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL's good intentions just aren't sincere enough.

The electorate will exact a very high award of damages from LHL.