• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice needed - air travel for pooch

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will be leaving Singapore in a couple of months, and wish to take my dog with the family back to Canada, am planning early so as not to be caught with unexpected things at the last moment. What are the papers/authorisations/permits I need to legally take my dog out of the country and into Canada? Do I need any certifications from vets? Quarantine(s)? My dog is a small breed (mixed) about 12 kgs, registered, neutered, and microchipped. Any tips and hints will be useful. Where is a place to keep the doggie for a week or two until I have an address there for the dog to be sent? What authorities need to be notified? Thanks!

Cheers!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Will be leaving Singapore in a couple of months, and wish to take my dog with the family back to Canada, am planning early so as not to be caught with unexpected things at the last moment. What are the papers/authorisations/permits I need to legally take my dog out of the country and into Canada? Do I need any certifications from vets? Quarantine(s)? My dog is a small breed (mixed) about 12 kgs, registered, neutered, and microchipped. Any tips and hints will be useful. Where is a place to keep the doggie for a week or two until I have an address there for the dog to be sent? What authorities need to be notified? Thanks!

Cheers!

You need to check with the Canadian authorities what needs to be done in order to import a dog from Singapore.

The requirements vary depending upon which country the dog is coming from.

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals...als/pets/dogs/eng/1331876172009/1331876307796

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your dog air ticket may cost more than your whole family total cost.

my wife brought her dog back from iowa after her studies. according to my MIL, it cost her $6k (dunno got con me or not) and the dog dead after 1yr plus. :*:

like boss posted, u need to find out Canada regulations first. confirm need shots certifications, quarantine etc etc...

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its interesting that you made all the effort to move your family all the way to Canada but you have forgotten about the dog? Doggie may freeze to death during the harsh Canadian winter. It may thinks its still Singapore and goes out for jalan jalan.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes you'll need to check with the Canadian authority in detail if possible find out how the dog don't have to be quarantine on arrival, pity them if need to.

Singapore side is very straight forward all the information is inside here http://www.ava.gov.sg/explore-by-se...-into-singapore-exporting/exporting-dogs-cats

There are also relocation agents who can help you however I suspect people use them because they have no idea how to export a dog and I say again the above ava website is all you need and its easy, I've done that myself before and its a breeze. You just need to worry on the other side. Will be nice if you are flying with your doggy so that you can collect him/her when you arrive at the same time to lessen stress for the dog when he/she sees you before the next step.

An extra information some carriers allow you to have the dog with you in the passenger cabin with the condition that the dog must be kept in an approved plastic carrier (size and design). I traveled with my doggy in the cabin when we came to Bangkok of course once aircraft took off the dog was out of the carrier :biggrin: and sat beside me which luckily seat was empty. The cost Thai airways charged me was taken as "overweight" charges which is the weight of the dog and carrier which total about 5kg and I I remembered I paid like only $80 at that time.

This is approved
mc33210.jpg

Good luck and keep your poor baby safe.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
your dog air ticket may cost more than your whole family total cost.

my wife brought her dog back from iowa after her studies. according to my MIL, it cost her $6k (dunno got con me or not) and the dog dead after 1yr plus. :*:

like boss posted, u need to find out Canada regulations first. confirm need shots certifications, quarantine etc etc...

steady lah bro, u got rich wife :smile:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
steady lah bro, u got rich wife :smile:

not rich lor, just spare no expense for her dog. now no dog. anyway happen way before I know her.

we stay public 4room flat, her parents too. so can be be rich? consider loser liao by ppl here.:biggrin:

rich man is uncle froggy lah... drive lexus, stay big house, factory towkay, properties in bkk, spore, jkt, everyday post rich food here.....

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
not rich lor, just spare no expense for her dog. now no dog. anyway happen way before I know her.

we stay public 4room flat, her parents too. so can be be rich? consider loser liao by ppl here.:biggrin:

rich man is uncle froggy lah... drive lexus, stay big house, factory towkay, properties in bkk, spore, jkt, everyday post rich food here.....

dun say that bro
比不完de
if it makes u feel better, RUN can't even afford a dwelling after having kids
Froggy bro is rich humble towkay who treasures relationships.

Yes, many go all out for their pets.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun say that bro
比不完de
if it makes u feel better, RUN can't even afford a dwelling after having kids
Froggy bro is rich humble towkay who treasures relationships.

Yes, many go all out for their pets.

anyway wife doggy was over 10plus years ago liao. but after seeing how cheap and simple from uncle froggy, I wonder why my wife experience so bloody expensive. $6k in late 90s can buy a lot of things hor.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
anyway wife doggy was over 10plus years ago liao. but after seeing how cheap and simple from uncle froggy, I wonder why my wife experience so bloody expensive. $6k in late 90s can buy a lot of things hor.

The cost depends on volume and weight.

A miniature breed is a quarter of the price of a German Shepherd.

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

Might be cheaper to buy a new dog in Canada. Save all the hassle.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you want my dog or not, give you, old dog liao everyday must carry her to shit and pee .. damn sien one :(:(:o

paiseh... dun wan as old dog very expensive to upkeep. checkup at the vet can burn few hundred as the vet give a whole battery of test. a packet of drip cost $30 liao.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aye! Thanks all so much for your advice. Will certainly check with the Canadian authorities and AVA here too. I have the plastic cage/carrier and some vaccinations for the dog, and will slowly attend to the other issues. It is unlikely the dog will be travelling on the same trip, and I plan for it to come about a week after I arrive there. The air ticket, just have to pay whatever it costs, I expect (just a guess) up to double that for a human passenger (don't know whether includes inflight service/food or not? but the just will have to accept whatever it gets).

Sam, thanks for the web link!

Cheers!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Might be cheaper to buy a new dog in Canada. Save all the hassle.

Sometime some things cannot be measured by price or costs. Of course can try to give away to a relative or responsible dog lover however its really difficult. The emotional attachment far exceeds any price. Do you know that dogs are the only animal who looks into your eyes and try to communicate with their eyes? Not even wolves.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Aye! Thanks all so much for your advice. Will certainly check with the Canadian authorities and AVA here too. I have the plastic cage/carrier and some vaccinations for the dog, and will slowly attend to the other issues. It is unlikely the dog will be travelling on the same trip, and I plan for it to come about a week after I arrive there. The air ticket, just have to pay whatever it costs, I expect (just a guess) up to double that for a human passenger (don't know whether includes inflight service/food or not? but the just will have to accept whatever it gets).

Sam, thanks for the web link!

Cheers!

I seriously don't think it costs so much as mentioned its more like pay by weight for overweight charges.