• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Three biggest challenges for Singapore.....

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Enhancing the economy, the ageing population and maintaining a national identity are the three biggest challenges that Singapore faces over the next half-century, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said.

The immediate challenge over the next decade is getting the economy to the next level, he said in an interview published by Time magazine on Thursday (Jul 23).

"We are looking for a path which no country has yet found and we are not even an economy like the Japanese or Germans, or never mind the big power economy. So to get to the next level is a big challenge, if we don't get to the next level then we will have malaise and the angst, and even disillusionment which you see in many developed countries," he said.

In this time, the country's demographics will not have become a major issue - but it will be in a generation's time, on a 25-year timeframe, Mr Lee said.

If Singapore does not get the balance between its birthrate and immigration policies right, the country could end up in the same "tight spot" the Japanese currently face, he added.

But the key to keep Singapore successful in 2065 - 50 years from now, and a hundred years from Independence - is in maintaining a unique sense of national identity, he told Time.

"Before you can make any policies and get people to say 'I want to do this or the other', first, people must feel that we are Singaporeans and we want to be together and we are different from the others and we are special," Mr Lee said.

"And keeping that sense of unity and specialness over the long-term - I think it is critical and it is a very big challenge."

THE SINGAPORE APPROACH

Mr Lee said that the landmark of 50 years of Independence is a time of both celebration and soul-searching for Singapore.

"After 50 years we still have a strong consensus and we can celebrate the 50th anniversary together. For many countries, the 50th anniversary is a very thought-provoking time; I mean it is troubled because the starting premises of the country - the initial fervour, the ideals have been modified, the political consensus is no longer there," said the Prime Minister.

"The world has changed and them, the society has changed and they ask themselves 'What am I, why do I still exist?'"

Asked to define if there is a "Singapore model" of development, Mr Lee said there was not so much a model but an approach that Singapore has always taken: A pragmatic one based on looking for "solutions which work".

"You are talking about both economic development as well as social development, and you are talking about a society and a political system where we are trying to work towards a middle ground rather than to work towards division between either economic interest groups or racial groups or rich and poor or left- and right wing - or geographical divisions. This is one Singapore to a very considerable extent," he said.

"There is competition, there is opposition, they compete, sometimes they win seats, but basically most people benefit from the system and uphold the system."

- CNA/es

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ageing population is a very real issue.

Just go around the heartlands and some shopping malls, you see all the seniors and elderly there - sitting around doing nothing.

Go to the OPDs, the whole place is flooded.

Look at the old folks homes, they are all there.

This is a Big Challenge...how to manage them, how to feed them and how to take care of them.

applejuice

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kick the multi million dollar papaya out and you have multi millions of dollars to take care of the ageing population you twit.

Kick the papaya out, the rest will take care of itself naturally.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one and only one biggest challenge Singapore face - to kick the papaya out in the next election.

dont need to wait for erections.

DANGLE THEM HIGH HIGH HIGH

The cronies do not get peanuts or they will not be cronies

http://sonofadud.com/2015/06/25/sin...new-how-much-singtels-ceo-was-really-getting/

Running Bitch Chua Sock Koong is not even an exceptional running bitch cum crony and she getting over 10 million a year.
What do the fucking PAPs pay their even more favourite cronies? Even morest than to bitch chua

How much do the fucking ministers pay themselves? More than they want to tell you.

ALL THAT FROM OUR FUCKING MONEY THAT THEY CREAM AND CUM THEMSELVES ON WHILE THEY GO LAUGHING ALL THE FUCKING WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS
WHILE WE ALL STAND STUPIDLY IN FRONT OF A FUCKING FLAG TO MAKE OUR PLEDGES NOT KNOWING WE ALL HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE
FUCKED AND TIEWED AND KANNED BY THEM ALL AND THEIR CRONIES

DANGLE A PAP WITH PIANO WIRE FROM ORCHARD ROAD LAMP POST
INCLUDE THEIR RUNNING DOGS AND CRONIES
NECKLACE THEM SO THEY CAN SEE LIGHT

DO THAT BEFORE THEY KILL US ALL

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ageing population is a very real issue.

Just go around the heartlands and some shopping malls, you see all the seniors and elderly there - sitting around doing nothing.

Go to the OPDs, the whole place is flooded.

Look at the old folks homes, they are all there.

This is a Big Challenge...how to manage them, how to feed them and how to take care of them.

Right thing is to take out the money and take care of them.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is one and only one biggest challenge Singapore face - to kick the papaya out in the next election.

if you kick the pap out, there won't be higher wages and there will more job losses cos' investors will fear instability with new government. it has already been factored in so that people will fear and will not vote for opposition.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need 3 biggest challenges. The most important will be GE and to VTO. Thereafter, things will fall in place nicely.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think the main challenge is how to compete with other economies in importing more foreigners to boost singapore's vulnerable economy in order to make Singapreans richer and creating more jobs for Singaporeans for the next 50 years. Our survival depends on this solely.

fucking kopiO this morning was too strong I think made me blur

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the main challenge is how to compete with other economies in importing more foreigners to boost singapore's vulnerable economy in order to make Singapreans richer and creating more jobs for Singaporeans for the next 50 years. Our survival depends on this solely.

fucking kopiO this morning was too strong I think made me blur

No foreigners, taxis where got passengers? :confused:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How to get enough piano wires will be one of the biggest challenge

The cronies do not get peanuts or they will not be cronies

http://sonofadud.com/2015/06/25/sin...new-how-much-singtels-ceo-was-really-getting/

Running Bitch Chua Sock Koong is not even an exceptional running bitch cum crony and she getting over 10 million a year.
What do the fucking PAPs pay their even more favourite cronies? Even morest than to bitch chua

How much do the fucking ministers pay themselves? More than they want to tell you.

ALL THAT FROM OUR FUCKING MONEY THAT THEY CREAM AND CUM THEMSELVES ON WHILE THEY GO LAUGHING ALL THE FUCKING WAY TO THEIR FUCKING BANKS
WHILE WE ALL STAND STUPIDLY IN FRONT OF A FUCKING FLAG TO MAKE OUR PLEDGES NOT KNOWING WE ALL HEAD DOWN DOWN AND ARSEHOLES UP HIGH HIGH TO BE
FUCKED AND TIEWED AND KANNED BY THEM ALL AND THEIR CRONIES

DANGLE A PAP WITH PIANO WIRE FROM ORCHARD ROAD LAMP POST
INCLUDE THEIR RUNNING DOGS AND CRONIES
NECKLACE THEM SO THEY CAN SEE LIGHT

DO THAT BEFORE THEY KILL US ALL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Three biggest lies. :biggrin:

1) This will only hurt for a little while.
2) I only put the head of it in.
3) I promise that I'll never try to cum in your mouth.

[video=youtube;HnEmghSrOig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnEmghSrOig[/video]