• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Steamed Pomfret Stall at Jurong East

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was brought to lunch today at Jurong East blk 253 coffeeshop Zai Shun stall serving tzechar style food and their most popular is steam fish

[video=youtube;6p8sYLpYrzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8sYLpYrzk[/video]

Ordered 4 dishes

Chap-chye

Bitter gourd with eggs

Dong bo rou

The star dish - steamed pomfret

It went very well with this traditional teochew fermented bean sauce with chili

Very very good food. By the way after lunch saw the boss came in a driven Rolls Royce Spirit

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why the fuck would u pay top dollars for a pomfret that has been wrapped in cling wrap for three hours?no wonder the boss drives a bentley and goes to work at 3pm.

By the way white plate and cling wrap is the lazy man way of steaming fish,its how chao ah tiong and hong kees steam your fish in restaurant and hotel,watch bitch of china documentary,real chinese steam fish in rattan bamboo,steaming rock pebbles and add a touch of jiangsu white wine.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks to PAP, you get to curse PAP while eating good food in restaurants and buffets. In most other farked up countries, people curse their own governments while having to go hungry and without clean water.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pomfret looks great....black or white pomfret....and how much was it?

Neither black nor white. This is what we call "Dao Chew" fish not the normal white pomfret. dao-chew is normally thicker and greyish colour some people call it deep sea pomfret. Teochew likes it steam with plum and ginger like this.

This meal costs $85. Not so expensive anyway its coffeeshop.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Neither black nor white. This is what we call "Dao Chew" fish not the normal white pomfret. dao-chew is normally thicker and greyish colour some people call it deep sea pomfret. Teochew likes it steam with plum and ginger like this.

$85 for a coffeeshop meal?

Care to share the breakdown?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

$85 for the meal is shocking! No wonder the boss drives a luxury car. Not very smart fella either. Expect the IRA to come knocking on his door soon.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why the fuck would u pay top dollars for a pomfret that has been wrapped in cling wrap for three hours?no wonder the boss drives a bentley and goes to work at 3pm.

By the way white plate and cling wrap is the lazy man way of steaming fish,its how chao ah tiong and hong kees steam your fish in restaurant and hotel,watch bitch of china documentary,real chinese steam fish in rattan bamboo,steaming rock pebbles and add a touch of jiangsu white wine.

This is a very popular stall. By lunch time people will be standing beside your table waiting for you to finish. They do not steam the fish with cling wrap. They prepare the fish and the wrap it quickly prevent flies. When they want to steam they remove the wrap. They do not wrap it for 3 hours probably just a few minutes as the fish "fly" out one by one quickly.

We saw the boss coming at about 1pm la and by the way its a Rolls Royce not a Bentley.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hahaha u just fucked up his mood, after he took the pain of proudly displaying his lunch cuisine :biggrin:

i help to rub more salt into the wound.
hear say fish wrap in plastic eat already can tiok cancer :biggrin:

No worries. There are all sorts of people here in SBF. Why so serious? Peace.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks to PAP, you get to curse PAP while eating good food in restaurants and buffets. In most other farked up countries, people curse their own governments while having to go hungry and without clean water.

Since when I curse PAP while having this meal or posting here? Care to share?

$85 for a coffeeshop meal?

Care to share the breakdown?

I have no idea of the breakdown. Was told $85 total just pay the money and off I went. That was a very good meal, value for money for a big fish like that. You should try it. I'll be back there very soon.

alchemist

Alfrescian
Loyal
this stall used to be selling at the nearby HDB hawker centre/market (2 stalls together)
and then decide to go and take over the coffee shop..due to good business (abit expensive but good!)

should have try their "parrot fish" and it's cheaper (not bad also..) than promfet

also try their "hae bee hiam"..(dried shrimp , with balachan chilli and lime) next time

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since when I curse PAP while having this meal or posting here? Care to share?

I have no idea of the breakdown. Was told $85 total just pay the money and off I went. That was a very good meal, value for money for a big fish like that. You should try it. I'll be back there very soon.

Not you bro. Referring to typical opposition supporters in general. Thanks for the recommendation to that good food stall. Will try the food when I pass by.

I was eating with some colleagues who were complaining very bitterly about PAP. Lots of complaints from all over. I not very keen to get involved with such politics over lunch. So I just told him that thanks to PAP, you get to complain about PAP while eating very good food. Pinoys or Africans curse their corrupt governments while having to skip meals or boil muddy water to drink. Or have to endure power shortage.

After that, he diam diam.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
relax kapoh u must know the diff betw tcss and serious. this is a very serious tcss place :biggrin:

Yes tcss I like especially with that Ahmeng not so long ago. Good tcss sparring partner. I'm sire he would have gone to this coffeeshop for the pomfret.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
this stall used to be selling at the nearby HDB hawker centre/market (2 stalls together)
and then decide to go and take over the coffee shop..due to good business (abit expensive but good!)

should have try their "parrot fish" and it's cheaper (not bad also..) than promfet

also try their "hae bee hiam"..(dried shrimp , with balachan chilli and lime) next time

Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely try their hae-bee-hiam next time.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Totally Agreed; no good fish shaLL be cLing-wrapped before hand..