• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Steamed Pomfret Stall at Jurong East

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
the pomfret, 900g-1000g will easily cost $40.. not really a good deal ... go try the stall old airport hawker..

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
indeed a rich man.
but u give a feel u are a lonely old man
Since when I curse PAP while having this meal or posting here? Care to share?

I have no idea of the breakdown. Was told $85 total just pay the money and off I went. That was a very good meal, value for money for a big fish like that. You should try it. I'll be back there very soon.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
indeed a rich man.
but u give a feel u are a lonely old man

If you go to the Thai thread often you'll know I'm not a lonely person. Some bros here know me personally and they also know my life is not lonely. Oh yes I am pretty old though approaching 50 in a few months.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
u like no relatives no family.
like the only left in family line.
If you go to the Thai thread often you'll know I'm not a lonely person. Some bros here know me personally and they also know my life is not lonely. Oh yes I am pretty old though approaching 50 in a few months.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been there once on a sunday, whole coffeeshop full of people eating their food in the afternoon, there was a long queue for the food, and lotsa people standing around waiting for empty tables.

Heard their fish very nice...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been there once on a sunday, whole coffeeshop full of people eating their food in the afternoon, there was a long queue for the food, and lotsa people standing around waiting for empty tables.

Heard their fish very nice...

this only proves that sinkies are well-off and willing to spend and wait in long lines for meals that cost more. thanks to the pap. pap is the best! :biggrin:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Neither black nor white. This is what we call "Dao Chew" fish not the normal white pomfret. dao-chew is normally thicker and greyish colour some people call it deep sea pomfret. Teochew likes it steam with plum and ginger like this.

This meal costs $85. Not so expensive anyway its coffeeshop.

This Zhai Shun has become pricey ever since the local press praised it to the heavens! :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This Zhai Shun has become pricey ever since the local press praised it to the heavens! :biggrin:

I see. Never know this stall before until a friend suggested to go lunch there today. I'd say not bad.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this only proves that sinkies are well-off and willing to spend and wait in long lines for meals that cost more. thanks to the pap. pap is the best! :biggrin:

Shit, you got it wrong. Sinkees are not well-off, that's why they have to eat at tzechar stall. If well-off, they will eat at restaurants lah where there is service and airconditioning.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How can anyone think that you are lonely when you jet everywhere every week? :biggrin:

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The stall is most famous this unique freshwater fish called ( according to the owner) "Forget Me Not" fish 忘不了鱼.
The fish is steamed and sells for more than $100 per kilo.