• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COE Dropped, who is heading to car showroom?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Category
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW $55,889
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW $58,109
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS $50,002
D MOTORCYCLE $6,312
E OPEN $60,101

For Category A cars, or those 1600cc and below with horsepower not exceeding 130bhp, premiums closed at S$55,889, down from S$58,700 two weeks ago. Premiums for larger and more powerful cars in Category B fell to S$58,109 from S$65,501. Open category COEs, which can be used for any vehicle type but end up being used mainly for large cars, fell to S$60,101 from S$69,901.
http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/1m/coe/coeDetail.html

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40% in some cases. Better to buy used car. Maybe 3-4 yr old as owner would have absorbed substantial losses.

don't quite agree... trade in own parf car will offset the deposit, best still have residue coe value. I traded in my 4.8yrs old vw polo which has a doggy gearbox for the new city. trade in value of the polo was even higher than what I initially paid for the polo. after taking the minimum loan/period of $42k that part of kah motor promotion, I still get back $8kplus cash. there even $800 worth of esso vouchers.:biggrin:

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't quite agree... trade in own parf car will offset the deposit, best still have residue coe value. I traded in my 4.8yrs old vw polo which has a doggy gearbox for the new city. trade in value of the polo was even higher than what I initially paid for the polo. after taking the minimum loan/period of $42k that part of kah motor promotion, I still get back $8kplus cash. there even $800 worth of esso vouchers.:biggrin:

how did it work out for you? I can't understand.
what were the other figures involved here?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how did it work out for you? I can't understand.
what were the other figures involved here?

example... new car $50k. put $3k deposit. trade in car value $30k. loan $25k

$50k-$3k-$30k = $17k outstanding.

but loan is $25k, so $25k-$17k = $8k

the user car dealer has to pay $8k when he/she take over your car while u take over the new car.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I drove one in the early 90s, it was terrible. Not even 2 year old car but lots of problems with the gear box.

European cars very headache, but they tempt u with design.
Less durable ones pricing themselves very competitively these days

Citroen C4 Picasso MPV Diesel for appx $125K due to the drop in COE prices

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it should fall to around 40K within 3 months. Best time to buy would be lunar 7th month.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
European cars very headache, but they tempt u with design.
Less durable ones pricing themselves very competitively these days

Citroen C4 Picasso MPV Diesel for appx $125K due to the drop in COE prices

Road holding always better than Jap cars. But servicing and parts headache. I am looking at an old Lexus 250. Maybe 7-8 yr old.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Road holding always better than Jap cars. But servicing and parts headache. I am looking at an old Lexus 250. Maybe 7-8 yr old.

if you read fb, recently Tan cheng bok scrapped his 10yo lexus.
he said the car condition is still good, suspension is good

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited: