• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vintage Phones

ALCATEL

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ericsson_GA628_1.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in my possession is a kyocera-qualcomm-palm combo of the first commercialized touchpad (stylus pad) cum flip keyboard phone on the market. it's over 15 years old. :p

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
early versions of gsm phones were mostly mounted in car kits. tested this in europe when it was available. now you know how old i am.

image.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
early versions of gsm phones were mostly mounted in car kits. tested this in europe when it was available. now you know how old i am.

View attachment 22679

Back in the days car phones were status symbols.....
Spot that extra unique antenna on the jags and mercs....some cheapos just mount the antenna sans phone to show off.
When you carry it out it looks like a suitcase.....can't imagine someone using that now

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in the days car phones were status symbols.....
Spot that extra unique antenna on the jags and mercs....some cheapos just mount the antenna sans phone to show off.
When you carry it out it looks like a suitcase.....can't imagine someone using that now

yeah, an early version allowed the driver to carry it out of car in a satchel bag with straps. some euro executives wanted to look garang carrying the heavy contraption, but they ended up being carried by lower ranking colleagues and male assistants. no female secretaries wanted to go near it. especially in belgium, the 1st gsm operator kept insisting on selling car kits and wanted no handheld phones. i was going "wtf" and "are you out of your freaking mind?!" :biggrin: