• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's best goalkeeper

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just had a light hearted talk with my soccer-mad friends the other day about the best Singapore Goalkeeper after watching Japan attack and attack but couldn't put the ball in the net in Saitama. Eric Paine, David Lee, Edmund Wee, Lee Bee Seng, the present one?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just had a light hearted talk with my soccer-mad friends the other day about the best Singapore Goalkeeper after watching Japan attack and attack but couldn't put the ball in the net in Saitama. Eric Paine, David Lee, Edmund Wee, Lee Bee Seng, the present one?

My vote goes to Edmund Wee if no under table.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
i pick david lee for consistency..... lee bee seng for showmanship..... lim chiew peng for comedian-ship

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem is those days kelong is rampant. So my vote goes to Eric Paine, wonder if he's still around.

He is still around. Works in a neighbourhood school as a sports coordinator or something like that. Very low key guy...

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
My vote goes to Edmund Wee if no under table.

About a year ago, I sent my car for repair and waved down a cab. The driver looked familiar and I saw his name as Wee .... something. Turned out he was Edmund Wee. He looked older but you can still recognise him. Still has his moustache and big hair.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wilfred Skinner was the greatest Singaporean goalie, hands down. I'd put Edmund Wee after him.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i pick david lee for consistency..... lee bee seng for showmanship..... lim chiew peng for comedian-ship

David Lee was known as Goal-lee.....he makaned most money from kelongs.

My pick would be Eric Paine.
Knew a guy who liked Chew Peng so much he named his DAUGHTER after him.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About a year ago, I sent my car for repair and waved down a cab. The driver looked familiar and I saw his name as Wee .... something. Turned out he was Edmund Wee. He looked older but you can still recognise him. Still has his moustache and big hair.

He's been driving for many years. After his kelong conviction, hard to get employed.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
David Lee was known as Goal-lee.....he makaned most money from kelongs.

My pick would be Eric Paine.
Knew a guy who liked Chew Peng so much he named his DAUGHTER after him.

David a lucky man. In the mid-90s when K Kannan and several others kena, David managed to siam. He should thank Ong Kheng Hock for not disclosing his involvement.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric Paine related this anecdote to me.

He was flying to KL on a KL-Singapore shuttle one morning and had just taken his seat. One of the stewards approached him and asked, 'are you Mr Eric Paine the Singapore goalkeeper?'

'Er... yes,' he replied, surprised that people still recognized him. Before he could say anything else, the steward interrupted him.

'As a Malaysian and a football fan, I'd like to thank you for rushing to KL to pay your respects to Arumugam.'

Eric didn't quite understand what he'd heard and tried to clarify, but the steward had gone to attend to another passenger. He looked then down at the newspaper he'd taken as he boarded and saw the news that Arumugam had died the day before in a traffic accident.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric Paine related this anecdote to me.

He was flying to KL on a KL-Singapore shuttle one morning and had just taken his seat. One of the stewards approached him and asked, 'are you Mr Eric Paine the Singapore goalkeeper?'

'Er... yes,' he replied, surprised that people still recognized him. Before he could say anything else, the steward interrupted him.

'As a Malaysian and a football fan, I'd like to thank you for rushing to KL to pay your respects to Arumugam.'

Eric didn't quite understand what he'd heard and tried to clarify, but the steward had gone to attend to another passenger. He looked then down at the newspaper he'd taken as he boarded and saw the news that Arumugam had died the day before in a traffic accident.

Spiderman was a great goalie. With team mates like Chin Ann, Mokhtar Dahari and Choon Wah, they were formidable.