• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST Engineering CEO suffers stroke after watching his shit products at NDP rehearsal

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: Mr Tan Pheng Hock, CEO of Singapore Technologies Engineering (ST Engineering), is taking a medical leave of absence after suffering a mild stroke, the company said on Monday (Jul 20).

Mr Tan was admitted to the hospital for observation, and is making “good progress in his recovery”, ST Engineering said in an advisory posted on the Singapore Exchange. His medical leave is expected to last about four weeks, pending doctors’ review, it added.

In his absence, Deputy CEO Lee Fook Sun will oversee business functions while Deputy CEO of Corporate Development Vincent Chong will oversee corporate functions, ST Engineering said.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: ST Engineering CEO suffers stroke after watching his shit products at NDP rehears

Never make fun of people when it comes to medical issues as it could well happen to any of us.

I've known people with zero risk factors suffer massive strokes that left them with a very poor quality of life.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: ST Engineering CEO suffers stroke after watching his shit products at NDP rehears

You are right. It could happen to any one of us.
So it doesnt matter since you cant escape anyway.
Why take it to heart?:confused:

If delibrate poking fun tats different.:smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Never make fun of people when it comes to medical issues but it could well happen to any of us.

I've known people with zero risk factors suffer massive strokes that left them with a very poor quality of life.

Must have being fed on high cholesterol food, these CEO deserve it..especially those connected to the 'toe bone' or the 'leg bone'.....they too well fed. Sure, all of us can get stroke...I can too...but these are "different strokes".

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

For fast recovery join tos old folks collecting cardboards, good way of keeping fit.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

i thought its standard procedure in UK for GP to distribute statin or request patient to take aspirin regularly to reduce risk of stroke or heart attack for patients above 50.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

i thought its standard procedure in UK for GP to distribute statin or request patient to take aspirin regularly to reduce risk of stroke or heart attack for patients above 50.

Aspirin reduces the risk of strokes caused by clots but increases the risk of strokes caused by hemorrhaging.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Must have being fed on high cholesterol food, these CEO deserve it..especially those connected to the 'toe bone' or the 'leg bone'.....they too well fed. Sure, all of us can get stroke...I can too...but these are "different strokes".

That is my point the person I know who recently suffered a stroke had normal blood pressure and healthy cholesterol levels and exercised regularly.

You can never tell.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Karma is going to get them one by one, the fucking pap cronies! it was a bad mistake on my part to have joined STE. the scar the cronies left on me will always be there.

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead
What in the world you thinking of
Laughing in the face of love
What on earth you tryin' to do
It's up to you, yeah you

Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together darlin'
Join the human race
How in the world you gonna see
Laughin' at fools like me
Who in the hell d'you think you are
A super star
Well, right you are

Well we all shine on
Like the moon and the stars and the sun
Well we all shine on
Ev'ryone come on

Gonna knock you off your feet
Better recognize your brothers
Ev'ryone you meet
Why in the world are we here
Surely not to live in pain and fear
Why on earth are you there
When you're ev'rywhere
Come and get your share

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
Come on and on and on on on
Yeah yeah, alright, uh huh, ah

Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on
On and on and on on and on

Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Well we all shine on
Yeah we all shine on

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Karma is going to get them one by one, the fucking pap cronies!

CST had a stroke too. When it comes to health issues, there is no discrimination either way.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CST had a stroke too. When it comes to health issues, there is no discrimination either way.

That is true. So, how to deal with health issues? In addition to a healthy lifestyle, chiong all the way songsong to Jurong.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ST Engineering CEO is investigated by CPIB also and maybe that is why he is suffering from stroke.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ST Engineering CEO is investigated by CPIB also and maybe that is why he is suffering from stroke.

Another possibility is that HC made him an indecent proposal.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never make fun of people when it comes to medical issues as it could well happen to any of us.

Totally agree

35352067_-_04_07_2015_-_pixdanny.jpg

Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) chairman Sylvia Lim expressed her condolences to Mr Loh’s family in a media statement on Saturday, when Mr Loh’s obituary was published in The Straits Times.

Mr Loh was secretary of AHPETC from August 2011 till last month, and was also managing director of estate management company FM Solutions & Services (FMSS), the town council’s outgoing managing agent.

The role saw him at the centre of a controversy earlier this year, when the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) in its report on AHPETC's accounts singled out governance lapses and conflicts of interest involving FMSS.

But the WP said it had acknowledged these links and made sure transactions involving FMSS are subject to greater scrutiny.

On Saturday, Ms Lim wrote: “We are deeply saddened by the sudden loss of Mr Danny Loh. Danny was the secretary of the town council for the first four years of its operation.”

The town council and FMSS faced many challenges together, added Ms Lim, who said she had worked closely with Mr Loh since 2011.

“He was an unassuming man, who had the courage of his convictions. We shall miss him,” she said.

“Our deepest condolences go to Ms How Weng Fan, the Loh family and FMSS for their tremendous loss,” she added.

Mr Loh and his wife of some three decades, Ms How, are long-time WP supporters.

The couple cut their teeth in estate management at the former Hougang Town Council, working for WP chief Low Thia Khiang since the 1990s, with Mr Loh providing lift maintenance and rescue services.

The couple formed FMSS, where both are majority owners, shortly after the WP won Aljunied GRC at the 2011 General Election.

Mr Loh is also the owner of FM Solutions and Integrated Services (FMSI), a contractor AHPETC had hired to provide lift maintenance and rescue services.

However, the WP will run AHPETC on its own from this month, after a tender it held last November did not attract a single bid, even from FMSS.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

However, the WP will run AHPETC on its own from this month, after a tender it held last November did not attract a single bid, even from FMSS.

This will not happen in a real first world country. The fear factor continues to blind 60% of voters.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Must be lack of soursop juice.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is my point the person I know who recently suffered a stroke had normal blood pressure and healthy cholesterol levels and exercised regularly.

You can never tell.

Prof Leong Siew M

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This will not happen in a real first world country. The fear factor continues to blind 60% of voters.

Fear factor blinds most people. That's why most people have some form of religion, including self-proclaimed atheists. There's no atheist in the foxhole.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sure boh
That sissy kena cancer still acting garang. Needs relapse to wake up his FARKING idea.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You can never tell.

Known one fellow, whom I used to jog with at MacRitchie reservoir back when I was very fit, was a member of the Hash House Harriers, was careful with diet, was a regular jogger...was, hmmm!..don't believe it, suffered a stroke & DIED!.

You can never tell....