• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it worth to pay for a Grand Seiko

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I often hear people say why pay so much for a Lexus after all it's a Toyota should instead pay for a European car. So I'd like to ask is it worth paying good money for a "high-end" Seiko watch as in the Grand Seiko.

Forget about resale value assume you're not selling it, may I ask: if this is worth the money ; reliability ; after sales service ; perception etc

pic from google

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
forget the grand seiko. you can easily afford the a. lange & söhne exclusive. only us$1m.

image.jpg

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I often hear people say why pay so much for a Lexus after all it's a Toyota should instead pay for a European car. So I'd like to ask is it worth paying good money for a "high-end" Seiko watch as in the Grand Seiko.

Forget about resale value assume you're not selling it, may I ask: if this is worth the money ; reliability ; after sales service ; perception etc

pic from google

Dollar for dollar, the Grand Seiko is a superior piece of craftsmanship and horology to the Rolex. And it's still cheaper than the average stainless steel Rolex.

Even on a high-end Rolex, occasional blemishes and slightly misplaced markers can be seen on the dial. The Grand Rolex case, dial and bracelet is perfectly finished. The Zaratsu (samurai blade) hand-polishing is second to none; not even a Patek or Lange comes close. The entire movement is hand-assembled. Every part (movement, case, dial, bracelet) is made in-house.

As for accuracy, the Hi-Beat is regulated to specs tighter than an official Swiss Chronometer: +4 to -2 sec per day. (COSC: +6/-4; Rolex +5/-2).

Only drawback is the resale value - people still see a GS as a mass-market beater Seiko. But trust me, once you own a GS, you won't sell it. :smile:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of the Seiko series are made in China.

All Grand Seikos are entirely made and assembled in Japan. Every single part, down to the screws, dial markers, hands, sapphire crystal, bracelet and strap, is made in-house. Not even Patek Philippe can boast that.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for flashing, i would recommend either of these two (most expensive) vacheron constantin. they're truly head turners. these are more than us$1.6m each but there are much cheaper models in the $9k to $15k range.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only two watches are more expensive than the top of the line hublot: coming close to us$2m is the top end roger dubuis.

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
and the grand master of them all is the hybris mechanica à grande sonnerie by jaeger-lecoultre. if you wish to wear the ultimate of horology, this is it.

Alamak most of your recommendation I cannot even pronounce the names. Anyway what's your opinion on the Grand Seiko?