• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He quit after he was promoted

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
china is a death trap. sooner or later he will be exposed and succumb to the toxic environment. i know of several non-smokers who lived and worked there for years, and now they are back for cancer treatment of all organs.....thyroid and the lung!

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i read between the lines correctly, there is going to be massive retrenchment in the market soon. that's what ST always good at, ahead in predicting coming retrenchment in their report, take note for those in manufacturing. expect the retrenchment wave to come!

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I empathize with this guy, he learned the hard way. In such an environment, parachuting of Singaporean scholars or whatever 'talents' is a sure and fast way to fail, one needs to look no further than Suzhou.

'He also debunked the common misconception among Singaporeans that "the Chinese are all cheats".' Diplomacy at work here. He really can't say otherwise, can he? Not if he's still doing business there. One just have to assume they are all crooks and start filtering the scums from there. Sure, China today has changed almost unrecognizably but too many things are ingrained, like screwing the naive foreigners. Some things just don't change.

I remembered reading a book by an American who was assigned to China in the 70's. It was hilarious, his experiences there with the Chinese, but yet so enlightening. Wished I had remembered the title.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who are truly successful never talk or publicize about their success. I learnt this from experience....

At 47 being a top management person in a MNC he has $300k in savings :cool::confused:
I was a fucking failure in my working life, about 20% of my lifespan was unemployed, but I have more than his savings and younger than him by a bit :p

Suddenly I became very positive :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 47 being a top management person in a MNC he has $300k in savings :cool::confused:
I was a fucking failure in my working life, about 20% of my lifespan was unemployed, but I have more than his savings and younger than him by a bit :p

Suddenly I became very positive :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bro choot, i think you mis-read the article, it says he is 47 currently with 2000 employees under him after 14 years in china. his savings of 300k was when he was 33 years old if you calculate.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro choot, i think you mis-read the article, it says he is 47 currently with 2000 employees under him after 14 years in china. his savings of 300k was when he was 33 years old if you calculate.

oops, thanks for pointing out. Yeah I re read you are right.
Alamak then I am confirmed a fucking loser liao ..sianz :(

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oops, thanks for pointing out. Yeah I re read you are right.
Alamak then I am confirmed a fucking loser liao ..sianz :(

Many people don't even have $300,000 in savings. They have wasted their $ in buying cars, keeping up with the Jones, gambling,...

In my case I invested my $ in shares & was lucky in my choice of investments & so I can relax & take my time in of moving out of Spore. :smile:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people don't even have $300,000 in savings. They have wasted their $ in buying cars, keeping up with the Jones, gambling,...

In my case I invested my $ in shares & was lucky in my choice of investments & so I can relax & take my time in of moving out of Spore. :smile:

One of my colleague told me this..I am buying a car for $80k sgd. I said in this case you have to continue working for a long long time. He said, even I never buy that car, I still have to work many years. I relook at myself, he was right. Even I didn't bought that $80k car , I still have to work . $80k or $350k cash with me cannot last very long :(

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why PAP government wants to sign CECA type of deals with India and China - to allow sinkies to penetrate their vast markets with a slight advantage over other foreign companies. But most sinkies are too short-sighted to appreciate what PAP has done.

You don't need CECA to do that lah.

There is nothing to sell to India, by the way.