• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gold is on the cusp of a 'major breakdown'

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;jfrgfX5N3iY]https://youtu.be/jfrgfX5N3iY[/video]

Gold bugs simply can't catch a break.

After starting 2015 with a bang, bullion made a new year-to-date low this week as Fed Chair Janet Yellen reiterated plans to raise interest rates later this year. The precious metal is now more than 12 percent from its January high, and according to one technical analyst, it could be on the "cusp of a major breakdown."

"I think we need to be prepared for what the biggest casualty of a rate hike could be, and that's gold," Todd Gordon said Thursday on CNBC's "Trading Nation."

By Gordon's chart work, gold has broken through a key trendline that's been in place since 2001.

"If you look at the long-term uptrend from the low in 2000, you notice that it's broken and we are starting to move below support toward that 200-week moving average which comes in at $805," said Gordon.

With that crucial level now having been violated, Gordon predicts that gold should find a floor around its pre-crisis highs, which also corresponds to its high back in the early 1980s.

"If you go all the way back to the 1980 high of $873 [an ounce] and project it all the way to 2015, I think that's going to be a key level on the pullback," said Gordon, founder of TradingAnalysis.com. "That was a major consolidation level during the credit crisis, and I think it serves as a natural target when the Fed hikes rates."

If gold were to finish 2015 in the red, it would mark the third straight year of losses. That would be the longest yearly losing streak for gold since 2000.

Want to be a part of the Trading Nation? If you'd like to call in to our live Monday show, email your name, number and a question to [email protected]

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/16/gold-is-on-the-cusp-of-a-major-breakdown-technician.html

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
the chart is misleading since prices has reached stalemale disporportion for the last few years. if anything is to go, stocks will be on the southern journey for sure since it has been reaching unsupported unsubstantiated disporportion for several years.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the chart is misleading since prices has reached stalemale disporportion for the last few years. if anything is to go, stocks will be on the southern journey for sure since it has been reaching unsupported unsubstantiated disporportion for several years.

sold stocks on google and netflix yesterday. enough profit for a sumptuous meal at sum ting wong restaurant.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fed Chair Janet Yellen reiterated plans to raise interest rates later this year.

Fed has been saying that they will raise interest rate since last Chairman Ben Bernanke. So far it's all talk but no action. So I don't know why people still want to believe these lies from the Fed?

Fed will not and can't raise interest rate. Their debt's interest payment alone is more than they can chew if they were to raise the rate.

Buying gold is for long term wealth protection and not short term trading. Short term trading wise, you can short gold till it hit support levels.

Yellen Almost Admits Economy Too Weak to Raise Rates
[video=youtube;qWZvQBX-Lso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWZvQBX-Lso[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with Russia and China buying so much gold over last couple years...............the Jews will fark them good by pushing prices lower...........their central banks can buy gold at lower prices to return to other countries too............

they hammered China stock market so they won't bail out Greece...........it worked

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with Russia and China buying so much gold over last couple years...............the Jews will fark them good by pushing prices lower...........their central banks can buy gold at lower prices to return to other countries too............

they hammered China stock market so they won't bail out Greece...........it worked
Agreed with you. Economics today is not the same as yesteryears. No more such thing as print more money will cause inflation or increase interest will not be able to service debts .... These are not applicable to US. What is important today to them is to create a means to transfer money from other countries to their country, be it the price of gold, oil, ... US can do it because so many things are traded in usd. Other countries may find their wealth disappearing if they got into the wrong thing. The most clear cut example is the toxic derivatives. Semarang TC lost a lot of money. Who took the money?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They may short sell futures to push price down, but when the contract expires, they will have to fulfil the gold contract which they don't have and result will be gold will shoot up in prices. But they won't do it till they push it far enough to force out the speculators. If you are long term investors, if won't matter to you if you don't use leverage. China are buying gold for wealth protection and not speculation.

As for China stock market drop. Don't read those propaganda reports. Understand the true fundamental of why it drop. This drop will not affect China's main economy.

[video=youtube;Yp8Y61rH2To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8Y61rH2To[/video]

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They may short sell futures to push price down, but when the contract expires, they will have to fulfil the gold contract which they don't have and result will be gold will shoot up in prices. But they won't do it till they push it far enough to force out the speculators. If you are long term investors, if won't matter to you if you don't use leverage. China are buying gold for wealth protection and not speculation.

As for China stock market drop. Don't read those propaganda reports. Understand the true fundamental of why it drop. This drop will not affect China's main economy.

[video=youtube;Yp8Y61rH2To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8Y61rH2To[/video]

there's been reports about how those Jewish-owned central banks are pushing down metal prices...........with the kind of volume that all the major commercial banks can't muster.............

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's been reports about how those Jewish-owned central banks are pushing down metal prices...........with the kind of volume that all the major commercial banks can't muster.............

isnt that wat nick leeson tried to do? now got ADB and asia bank. how much can the Jews do?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is short selling. But when the contract expires, either they have to buy to cover the short or produce the Gold to deliver. So ultimately, Gold demand will go up and will shoot up like nobody's business.

In trading, there will be prices that drop like a rock, or price shoot up like a rocket when you try to manipulate it to the extreme till it break.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gold mining stocks more volatile than gold itself.

[video=youtube;8nZQxC7adxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nZQxC7adxs[/video]

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
gold is merely a piece of pet rock, for now, even with china stock came crashing down and greece crisis, the price hasn't moved much higher, it is a tell tale sign that lesser people are interested in gold. the reason i can see gold price rising is when there is a war.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even with china stock came crashing down and greece crisis, the price hasn't moved much higher,

That is due to manipulation by central banks to prop up their fiat currency.

Gold is not some rock or pet rock. It has an intrinsic value of a precious metal.

Diamond on the other hand is just a piece of rock made of carbon from intense heat and pressure. You can make artificial diamond but you can't make gold.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is short selling. But when the contract expires, either they have to buy to cover the short or produce the Gold to deliver. So ultimately, Gold demand will go up and will shoot up like nobody's business.

In trading, there will be prices that drop like a rock, or price shoot up like a rocket when you try to manipulate it to the extreme till it break.

if central banks are involved................you forgot they can create unlimited money from thin air liao ah ?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
time to invest in gold?my mantra for anything even gold is the best time to buy is when its at 300% discount.think ill grab a few gold bars when it drops below $600.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if central banks are involved................you forgot they can create unlimited money from thin air liao ah ?

You can create fiat currency from thin air, but you can't create gold. And if you create too many paper currency, inflation will follow and devaluation of currency from oversupply.
When you have oversupply of currency and can't create gold but reducing supply of gold, you will have the ultimate result of gold price going up. I don't know why you can't figure out such simple logic.

Over the history of fiat currency, there are a number of hyperinflation rendering the currency useless.
Examples are..
Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic after WW1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic

Hyperinflation of The Continental currency of USA in 1775
http://dollarcollapse.com/articles/hyperinflation-history-the-continental/

And most recent case are the Zimbabwe.
Hyperinflation in Zimbabwe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation_in_Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

Be my guest, keep your paper currency and I'll keep my physical gold bars.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
all you guys say are pack of conspiracy theories, i just looked at the chart again, next week, it will dip again.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all you guys say are pack of conspiracy theories, i just looked at the chart again, next week, it will dip again.

In finance world, manipulation is a given. Just that whether you get caught or not.
The recent Libor rate scandal is a joke as the biggest manipulator is the Central Banks.

When everyone sees the chart as downtrend and start selling, who do you think will be on the other side buying? If no one buys on the other end, the price will drop rapidly. If the price slowly trending down, that means there is a constant supply of buyers. Who do you think will be buying when everyone sees the chart and sell? The difference is they have deep pockets and retail traders don't. Manipulation in finance is a given.

http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blo...hina-manipulation-interest-rates-and-outlook/