• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cambodian PM joins outrage over tycoon's attack on TV star. Tycoon Fled to SG! Why?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/cambodian-pm-joins-outrage-over-tycoons-attack-tv-130131116.html

[h=1]Cambodian PM joins outrage over tycoon's attack on TV star[/h] By SOPHENG CHEANG and JOCELYN GECKER | Associated Press – 1 hour 55 minutes ago

[h=3]Related Content[/h]

• View PhotoCambodian actress Sasa, 28, whose real name is Ek Socheata, speaks during an interview …
  • View PhotoCambodian actress Sasa, 28, whose real name is Ek Socheata, gives an interview to …
  • View PhotoCambodian actress Sasa, 28, whose real name is Ek Socheata, gives an interview to …

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia (AP) — Cambodia's prime minister added his voice Thursday to growing outrage over a drunken tycoon who was captured on video viciously attacking a female TV star, calling the man's actions intolerable and warning that his riches will not help him escape justice.

What started earlier this month as the latest social media frenzy has turned into a national scandal that has raised big questions in the Southeast Asian country, where the wealthy often act with impunity and are widely known to pay for their crimes with cash rather than prosecution.

Prime Minister Hun Sen implicitly acknowledged the judicial system's shortcomings and vowed that this time justice will be served.

"Don't think that because you have money you can escape," Hun Sen said in comments directed at property tycoon Sok Bun, who is believed to have fled the country. "What you have done is intolerable."

He ordered Sok Bun to come out of hiding and report to authorities. He said an arrest warrant has been issued, a manhunt launched and if Sok Bun turns himself in he can avoid being handcuffed like a common criminal.
In a grainy black-and-white video, Sok Bun is seen dragging the well-known Cambodian actress known as Sasa off a couch at a Japanese restaurant in Phnom Penh. He throws her to the ground, kicks her head and when she tries to get up he punches, kicks her and stomps on her in a beating that lasts about a minute. His bodyguard points a pistol at the actress' head as his boss attacks her, until a worker at the apparently empty restaurant manages to pull him away.

The attack, which occurred in the early hours of July 2, was captured by the restaurant's security cameras.

The actress and TV personality, whose real name is Ek Socheata, obtained the video from the restaurant, posted it last week on her Facebook page, and it quickly lit up social media in the country before becoming the focus of mainstream media and morning talk shows.

"He pulled my hair and smashed my head against the floor," Sasa told The Associated Press. "I was in shock, I couldn't believe what was happening." Photographs which ran in Cambodian media show her with bruises over her body, a black eye and bloodied fingers and knees.

Sasa says she was protecting a friend from the drunken advances of Sok Bun. The security cameras captured the exchange from two angles, showing Sasa stepping in to stop Sok Bun, who is middle-aged and married, from pulling a visibly intoxicated woman off a couch across from Sasa. As the discussion turns heated, Sasa throws her mobile phone toward the tycoon, which sends him into a violent rage.

Sok Bun issued a pair of statements Tuesday to plead for mercy from his victim, society and Hun Sen.

"I wish to publicly apologize for my mistake," he said. To show his remorse, he resigned as president of the Cambodian Valuers and Estate Agent's Association, a real estate industry body. And he gave up an honorary Cambodian title known as "Oknha," which is given in exchange for donations of more than $100,000 to the government. "Give me another chance to participate in society and in the nation, and to restore honor to my family."
He offered to pay Sasa $40,000, then upped the offer to $100,000, which she has rejected. He said he now is "absent from Cambodia" and seeking treatment for a stress-related illness, and would return once assured his safety could be guaranteed. Officials have said they think Sok Bun is in Singapore.

Sok Bun made no immediate response to Hun Sen's comments.

Human rights groups say the case has generated an important public conversation about the elite's sense of entitlement and about violence against women.

"Sasa is proving to be courageous and acting as a good role model for other women, by pursuing criminal sanctions and not accepting financial offers," said Naly Pilorge, head of the human rights group Licadho. She said it also sends a powerful message to "the rich and well-connected who believe they can do anything and are not accountable."

Hun Sen, the country's longtime authoritarian ruler, said he cringed as he watched the video.

"I can only imagine how shocked and afraid Sasa was when he grabbed her and threw her. She must have thought she would be killed," Hun Sen said.

He warned that any authorities who try to protect Sok Bun will also face arrest. "I could never have imagined the cruelty if I had not seen this video," he said.
___
Gecker contributed to this report from Bangkok.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Cambodian PM joins outrage over tycoon's attack on TV star. Tycoon Fled to SG! Wh

Make him a SG citizen, and warn Cambodia not to interfere with domestic affairs.

Come on Lee Hsien Loong, show us you have balls. These high net worth FTs create jobs and bring opportunities. You said so yourself. :wink:

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-18%20at%2012.13.17%20am.png

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Cambodian PM joins outrage over tycoon's attack on TV star. Tycoon Fled to SG! Wh

hun sen is a bigger thug than this bully. don't mess with hun sen. everybody who fought in the cambodia civil war understand that.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

.... He said he now is "absent from Cambodia" and seeking treatment for a stress-related illness, and would return once assured his safety could be guaranteed. Officials have said they think Sok Bun is in Singapore.

Is sinkieland now a safe haven for foreign criminals who often fled to the island after committing crimes in their own countries?

Recently, the media reported a case of a Chinese female Govt official who fled to sinkieland after stealing millions of dollars from the PRC Govt, became a Ass-Pee-R in sinapor, changed her name and finally headed for USA using her new name and passport but she was eventually detained by US authorities for extradition to PRC for punishment.

There were also other unrelated cases in the past of foreign criminals fleeing to sinapor to escape punishment in their homelands.

In this current case, the pappies should have declared this tycoon as persona non-grata if he is indeed in the island and deport him to Cambodia to let Hun Sen kick his butt.

Why let foreign criminals ruin reputation and image of sinapor to become their haven? Maybe these foreign criminals think the criminal justice system is a joke in sinkie land and the legal processes can be abused to protect them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why let foreign criminals ruin reputation and image of sinapor to become their haven? Maybe these foreign criminals think the criminal justice system is a joke in sinkie land and the legal processes can be abused to protect them.

It's not a joke, it's by design.

Who cares about reputation when you can possibly get a cut of all that shady money? LKY's pragmatism: what's wrong with collecting more money? People would rather be prostitutes than to be poor. :wink:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hun sen is a bigger thug than this bully. don't mess with hun sen. everybody who fought in the cambodia civil war understand that.

That's right. Hun Sen is deadly. Should be a billionaire years ago. Not only corruption but $$$ from drugs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Make him a SG citizen, and warn Cambodia not to interfere with domestic affairs.

Come on Lee Hsien Loong, show us you have balls. These high net worth FTs create jobs and bring opportunities. You said so yourself. :wink:

Screen%20Shot%202014-09-18%20at%2012.13.17%20am.png

He might already have sinkapore citizenship ...if not, they could make him one instantly. Money talks very well to the PAP.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Plenty of crooks from all over the world now call Spore home.

When I'm traveling & someone asks me where I am from. I am actually ashamed to say that I am from Spore:o

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's right. Hun Sen is deadly. Should be a billionaire years ago. Not only corruption but $$$ from drugs.

he pocketed billions selling state land to foreigners and striking oil deals too. bo pian, other heads of state and former prez had to reluctantly sit next to him on sg's request during ah kong's funeral. at one time he sat right next to clinton. clinton must have shoved tony abbott in between for fear of getting backstabbed.

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he pocketed billions selling state land to foreigners and striking oil deals too. bo pian, other heads of state and former prez had to reluctantly sit next to him on sg's request during ah kong's funeral. at one time he sat right next to clinton. clinton must have shoved tony abbott in between for fear of getting backstabbed.

View attachment 22513

He has a snake with him to sell snake oil to the angmos.

Cammy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cambodian tycoon begs for forgiveness after attack on actress is captured on video

Cambodian tycoon begs for forgiveness after frenzied attack on actress is captured on video

Restaurant footage shows businessman Sok Bun bashing and kicking actress Sasa, who was trying to protect friend, as bodyguard points gun at her head

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 16 July, 2015, 7:05am
UPDATED : Thursday, 16 July, 2015, 7:12am

Associated Press in Phnom Penh

sokbunsasa.jpg

Cambodian property tycoon Sok Bun says he lost control when he beat up the model Sasa, whose real name is Ek Socheata.

In the grainy black-and-white video the tycoon is seen dragging the actress off a leather couch at a Phnom Penh restaurant. He throws her to the ground, kicks her head and pummels her with body blows.

Now the man is pleading for mercy in a case that has outraged Cambodia. The 1-minute video, which the actress and TV personality known to fans as “Sasa” posted on her Facebook page last week, has become the focus of social media and morning talk shows and put pressure on police to deliver justice in a country where the wealthy often act with impunity.

“He pulled my hair and smashed my head against the floor. He was punching and kicking me. I was in shock, I couldn’t believe what was happening,” Sasa, whose real name is Ek Socheata, said.

WATCH: Sok Bun's attack on actress Ek Socheata in a Phnom Penh restaurant

Photographs she provided, which ran in Cambodian newspapers, show her with bruises over her body, a black eye and bloodied fingers and knees.

The attacker, a married and middle-aged property tycoon named Sok Bun, admits he made a mistake and said he was trying to pay for it.

“I, Sok Bun, deeply regret what happened,” he said on Tuesday. “I could not control myself.”

He offered to pay his victim US$40,000 to make the case go away, then upped the offer to US$100,000, which she has rejected. He has now appealed to Prime Minister Hun Sen to take pity on him and guarantee his freedom.

Sok Bun disappeared a day after the video began circulating online and is believed to be in Singapore, police say.

In a second statement issued on Tuesday, he said he was “absent from Cambodia” for medical treatment and would return when “my security is guaranteed.”

Sok Bun’s conciliatory statements coincided with growing calls for his arrest, from the public and senior government officials. Interior Minister Sar Kheng ordered police on Tuesday to do their jobs and find Sok Bun.

“If he escapes, it will be an insult to us,” the interior minister was quoted as saying by The Phnom Penh Post. “We cannot accept that.”

National police spokesman Kirt Chantharith said authorities had tracked him down to Singapore and would find a way to bring him back.

“We know where he is hiding. He will not get away with this,” said the police spokesman. “The interior minister has ordered his arrest, and we will find him.”

The attack occurred at a Japanese restaurant in the Cambodian capital in the early hours of July 2. It was captured by the restaurant’s security cameras and obtained by Sasa, who then posted it online.

The 28-year-old actress, who hosted a popular entertainment show on Cambodian TV, says she was protecting a friend from the drunken advances of Sok Bun when he flew into a rage. His bodyguard is seen in the video pointing a pistol at the actress’ head as his boss attacks her.

“I cannot forget what he did to me,” said Sasa. “I don’t want his money. I want to see him in court.”

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cambodian tycoon begs for forgiveness after attack on actress is captured on vide

Seems the whole world knows to escape to singapore when they commit a crime.
Irony is that singapore punishes singaporeans for the tiniest of misdemeanour caused.

Northstar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sinkapore is a haven for money laundering fugitives. :wink:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

WHY? He wants to hv a go at the Khmer lovely hole..........

LulzSec

Alfrescian
Loyal

Plenty of crooks from all over the world now call Spore home.

When I'm traveling & someone asks me where I am from. I am actually ashamed to say that I am from Spore:o

Let them guess by telling them that u are from the land of the fugitive money laundering hub. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let them guess by telling them that u are from the land of the fugitive money laundering hub. :wink:

I some times say I'm a malaysian. Spore was part of Malays & I've spent plenty of time in JB so it's a white lie.

Next time I'll say the place with the highest paid "civil servants".

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What bullshit! Cambodian tycoon committed crime in Cambodian and Cambodian people did nothing to stop him from leaving now want to blame Singapore? Fucking retards! Same mentality with the Pinoys.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What bullshit! Cambodian tycoon committed crime in Cambodian and Cambodian people did nothing to stop him from leaving now want to blame Singapore? Fucking retards! Same mentality with the Pinoys.

If it's easy peasy to slip out of Sinkieland, a country supposedly with excellent border security, think how much easier it is to slip out of Cambodia.

How he left the country is a non-issue. What matters more is where he had escaped to. Don't let silly patriotic indignation cloud your judgment. :wink:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If it's easy peasy to slip out of Sinkieland, a country supposedly with excellent border security, think how much easier it is to slip out of Cambodia.

How he left the country is a non-issue. What matters more is where he had escaped to. Don't let silly patriotic indignation cloud your judgment. :wink:

If he escaped to Thailand, you think it is Thailand problem? If he escaped to USA, you think USA gives a fuck? If he escaped to Sweden, you think it is Sweden problem? I don't know what line of logic you are treading. Singapore is not the problem here, it is Cambodian. If he is an international fugitive registered in the Interpol, then you have a case if Singapore don't do anything. But as of now, he is not and Singapore - Cambodia don't have a extradition treaty.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Singapore has a very long coastline. It is therefore impossible to be prevent a determined fugitive from swimming to a neighboring country using a rubber ducky.