• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore has given me countless opportunities and taught me so much

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/its-her-birthday-shes-one-giving-treats-20150716

MY_20150716_NURSE16_P1_1515737.jpg
[h=3][/h]GIVING BACK: Anne (centre), who turned 33 on Monday, gave out 12 chicken-rice packets to buskers and tissue-paper sellers like Eddie (right) at three MRT stations. Her friend, Gretel (left), accompanied her.

PHOTOS: LIANHE WANBAO

[h=2]MY_20150716_NURSE16_P2_1515738.jpg[/h][h=3][/h]
MY_20150716_NURSE16_P2_1515738.jpg
[h=3][/h]THANKFUL: Tissue-paper seller Xie said the chicken rice that Anne gave him "tastes especially nice". The packets that Anne bought cost $4 each, even though a nearby stall was selling chicken rice for $2.50 per packet.

1 / 2PreviousNext
[h=2]Video[/h]

Advertisement

Published on Jul 16, 2015
[h=2]It's her birthday, but she's the one giving treats[/h]

MOST people celebrate their birthdays by getting their friends together for a meal, or throwing a party complete with cake and presents.

But a nurse decided to mark her birthday in a different way - by buying food and drinks for strangers instead.

Anne, who turned 33 on Monday, came to Singapore from the Philippines seven years ago.

For her special day, she took leave from the hospital where she works and gave away food and drinks to buskers, tissue-paper sellers and foreign workers, evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday.

Anne's heartwarming deed came to light when a Wanbao reporter spotted her giving out packets of chicken rice at Yishun MRT Station on Monday.

Speaking to the Chinese daily, Anne said: "Singapore has given me countless opportunities and taught me so much, so I want to give back."

She gave out 12 packets of chicken rice at three MRT stations: Yishun, Novena and Toa Payoh.

She said: "I always rush through the MRT station and seldom slow down to care about these people. So I'm buying chicken rice as a treat for them and to celebrate my birthday together."

Anne was accompanied by her friend, Gretel, who had also taken leave for the occasion and gave a thumbs up for Anne's unusual birthday celebration.

They were out between noon and 5pm, first giving out rice at train stations and then distributing soft drinks to foreign workers in Clarke Quay.

One of those who received a free rice packet was 83-year-old tissue-paper peddler Eddie, who has been plying his trade at Yishun MRT Station for six years.

It was his first time receiving chicken rice from a stranger, he said. When he first took the packet from Anne, he was incredulous but broke into a smile when he heard her story.

Said Eddie: "The people at the train station come and go. The fact that Anne can slow down and show her concern makes me feel very thankful."

Another tissue-paper seller, 43-year-old Xie Chuncheng, ate the rice happily and said: "I don't know why, but this packet of chicken rice tastes especially nice."

The packets that Anne bought cost $4 each, even though a nearby stall was selling chicken rice for $2.50 per packet.

When asked why she had bought the more expensive option, Anne said: "Because I like this stall's chicken rice. If I give what I like to others, it's more sincere. I hope it will touch their hearts."

[email protected]
For more reports on the go, check out the "MyPaper" iOS and Android apps.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at him, so fat already, trying to overfeed them. trying to kill them?

did her imaginary friend jesus christ ask her to give unhealthy food to the poor.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Pinay should not have given these treats to this Sinkie FUCKTARDS.

These Sinkie fucktards losers do not deserved to be treated either by FTs or their own more successful kind.
See, Sinkie fucktards even FT from POORER countries can find success in YOUR country but YOU LOSERS REMAINING IN YOUR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY , just remain as LOSERS and still lay blame on others, for the cause to your own fucking losing lives! LoLoLoL

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I hope this story makes Singaporeans appreciate what the PAP has done for them over the last 50 years.

Had it not been for LKY, his team and his descendants, Sinkieland would be in a worse state than Pinoyland.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies should learn to be grateful, instead of always taking PAP for granted. Wait till you get a dose of bad government, and your womenfolk end up having to be prostitutes and maids in foreign countries.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
look at him, so fat already, trying to overfeed them. trying to kill them?

did her imaginary friend jesus christ ask her to give unhealthy food to the poor.

I disagree with you chicken rice is the most healthy food in Singapore.

Giving thanks is the best way to show appreciation to God's created things.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope this story makes Singaporeans appreciate what the PAP has done for them over the last 50 years.

Had it not been for LKY, his team and his descendants, Sinkieland would be in a worse state than Pinoyland.

if sillypoore is soo goood
why they don't cum to sillypooore during 60s ?
why they started to cum only after the 80s ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Many Thais go tamboon (pray or offerings) on their birthdays to earn merits and receive good karma.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies should learn to be grateful, instead of always taking PAP for granted. Wait till you get a dose of bad government, and your womenfolk end up having to be prostitutes and maids in foreign countries.

she is certainly velly grateful because she is a one of those are unable to find work in her own country
she came despite the low pay because of the great currency exchange rate.
jobs are taken away from sillypootians because of people like her.
how u expect sillypootians to be grateful ??

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a heartwarming story.

Even foreigners who came here have come to appreciate Singapore and even learn to give back to society.

Something for us to reflect.