• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Swee Say: We will continue to take in foreign labour

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/07/15/lim-swee-say-we-will-continue-to-take-in-foreign-labour/

[h=1]Lim Swee Say: We will continue to take in foreign labour[/h]admin / 4 hours ago July 15, 2015

In a parliamentary response yesterday (July 14), Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say reiterated the government’s pro-immigration stance by agreeing to continue taking in foreign labour and growing them at the current rate, which was 34,000 in 2014. Minister Lim Swee Say emphasised that he is comfortable with the current presence of the foreigner workforce and wanted to maintain it at one-third of the total workforce.

Photo of Lim Swee Say from Youtube

As of December 2014, the total foreign workforce stands at 1.35 million, with over 349,000 S and E pass holders taking up PMET jobs. Many Singaporeans have expressed unhappiness at the current number of foreigner PMETs who are offering discounted wages to employers under the Singapore Manpower Ministry’s legislated minimum wage of S$2,200 for S Pass holders and S$3,300 for E Pass holders. As all S and E pass holders have a minimum degree qualifications, Singaporean degree holders find it hard to compete with these foreign degree holders going at a cheap rate of S$2,200 a month.

pmet1.jpg
Photo from Ministry of Manpower

In February 2013, more than 4,000 Singaporeans rallied against the Population White Paper announced by the ruling PAP Government to increase the population to 6.9 million through increasing the number of foreigners.
The Singapore Government has tacitly given up on increasing Singaporeans’ birth rate because doing so will require increasing pro-family measures and work-life balance like in the Scandinavian countries which Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong disagreed and simply said Singaporeans “are not like that”.

Related stories:
Lee Hsien Loong: Singaporeans choose not to have work-life balance. We are not like that.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see anything wrong, if this continues Singaporeans should just rent out their flats to foreigners and enjoy good life in landed house in JB.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cry for me, Singapura!
I need protection in my own cuntry.
I am so lucky to have someone who offers me help after causing the accident in the first place.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, the influx of foreigners is a godsend to some (business, property, finance...) to others it is a curse (IT professionals, consultants, admin workers...).

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, the influx of foreigners is a godsend to some (business, property, finance...) to others it is a curse (IT professionals, consultants, admin workers...).

To be fair, the cuntry is grossly overpopulated. Stop the madness already.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

To be fair, who owns majority of the so called "business, property, finance..."?
It is none other than the biggest land lord of this tiny island.
Their lumpar 1 priority is to collect more $$$ from GST, rentals, tax etc....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, the PAP is finally admitting that it has been conning sinkees all this while ...foreign worker population continues to grow despite the PAP's claim that it was tightening the inflow.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, the PAP is finally admitting that it has been conning sinkees all this while ...foreign worker population continues to grow despite the PAP's claim that it was tightening the inflow.

If you don't turn off a water tap completely, the water will flow out at a slower rate, but nevertheless the water is still flowing.

This is a simple IQ test question, no one should fail it. :biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's all about managing the flow, having infrastructure ready, ensure that locals are looked after via selective intake.
The clowns have been doing it the "one size fits all" way and now trying to undo their cock-ups.

kopiOuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
let me be brutally truthful
without foreigners Singapore is dead..dead...dead.
I welcome more foreigners...the more the better, the merrier!!!

if today there is an exodus
Singapore will collapse immediately
those uncles and aunties who rent out their flats and rooms will go begging
and become more cardboard hoarders...doing their morning and evening exercises.

so better welcome foreigners with opens arms and sometimes with open mouths and open legs!!!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't see anything wrong, if this continues Singaporeans should just rent out their flats to foreigners and enjoy good life in landed house in JB.

Not any more those staying in JB work in Stingapore has become an expensive
affair, toll goes up daily expenses, come 01 August JB will imposed RM20.00 in and out
of JB this make it even more expensive for Stingapore to live in JB!

The other reason JB is not a Safe haven for Stingaporean now!!
Food wise is only slightly cheaper!!

In / out JB toll RM9.70 x 2= RM19.40 daily x 25 days =RM485.00
in/out SG S3.20 x 2 = S$6.40 daily x35 days = S$160.00
Effective 01 Aug 15 JB VEP charges RM20 x 2 =RM40.00 daily
Per month 25 days x 40.00 = RM1000,00 monthly

Total expenses excluding petrol to SG = RM1485.00 plus S$160.00???

Is it worth it to lived in JB and work in Stingapore for Stingaporean!???
Mind boggling!!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone, my name is Sia Suay LIM aka tee kong kia. My brains not good but my job seepay best. CBL and yet receive millions.

Who says he CBL? Porlumpar is a very lucrative skill in Sinkeepoo. Depending on whose ball you carry, you can earn millions.