• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GMS: WP Cannot Handle More Than 7 Seats! Don't be Farking Greedy, Okay?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For once, I agree with this farktard called Goh Meng Seng.

WP should focus on its 7 seats, or maybe even give up Punggol-East. Let the other opposition parties, especially the new PPP, SPP, NSP, SDP and RP fight it out for the rest of Singapore. I am sure they all stand a better chance than WP in whacking PAP. :smile: :smile:

gohmengseng-wp-contest-less-seats-singapore-GE.jpg

While I know most of my haters and detractors here are mainly WP supporters, but I would like to put this perspective forward to you.

WP has apparently taken more than what it could chew. Sylvia Lim has admitted that the management of WP’s Town Council is far from good as mistakes have been made. It is only wise for WP to focus on its current turfs of 7 seats, fortify themselves further instead of going into expansion mode and step into other unfamiliar turfs.

I do not wish to see WP losing its current seats just because of its unwarranted ambition to win more seats. And I do not think WP can convince voters that it could manage ADDITIONAL constituencies well when it is currently struggling with the present 7 constituencies’ municipal management.

WP may risk a total collapse of credibility if it won more seats but in the end TC management become a horrible nightmare. This will in return destroy WP totally by the elections after next. Stay focus on the current 7 seats will be its best strategy. I believe LTK will want to fortify his positions in these current seats instead of having the ambition to win even more seats.

Having said that, it would be natural to expect WP not to contest more seats than it has done before. In fact, it should be contesting less seats instead.

So I do not expect to have problems in multi-corner fight, especially with WP as long as they are rational and not that greedy or overly ambitious unless WP has other agendas which are not about winning more seats but disruption of other party’s chances of winning seats and growing the pie of opposition presence in parliament.

I am pretty optimistic that we have people with very rational and responsible heads in WP who would put the overall development of democracy for Singapore as top priority over party’s interests.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...en-more-it-could-chew-time-contest-less-seats

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

WP should focus on its 7 seats, or maybe even give up Punggol-East. Let the other opposition parties, especially the new PPP, SPP, NSP, SDP and RP fight it out for the rest of Singapore. I am sure they all stand a better chance than WP in whacking PAP. :smile: :smile:

Great minds think alike. Cheers.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think PAP should also scale back. Maybe focus on 30 seats. That way they have more focus on solving issues like SMRT and DBSS issues!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having said that, it would be natural to expect WP not to contest more seats than it has done before. In fact, it should be contesting less seats instead.

If you are a dreamer, how can you become a good and astute politician to run the country?

In politics, you have no friends. GE comes around once every 5 years. If opportunity to topple pappies is not seized in each GE, 5 years of waiting wasted. WP will strive to take all GRCS and SMC in each GE if they have the candidates. Telling WP to hold back is indeed childish.
WP will aim for control of Parliament to form next Govt. LTK only made political cock talk about being co-driver.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow...you can really see the wind and adjust your sail very fast. Now seeing that GMS could be our next PM...

If he became the next PM, sinkieland would be the next Greece.

He wanted WP to scale down the contest for seats in next GE to make way for other oppo parties. He should have made it his mission to fight for seats on his own power instead of asking an enemy to make way for him. In politics, every opponent is an enemy.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he became the next PM, sinkieland would be the next Greece.

He wanted WP to scale down the contest for seats in next GE to make way for other oppo parties. He should have made it his mission to fight for seats on his own power instead of asking an enemy to make way for him. In politics, every opponent is an enemy.

Not to worry bro. GMS will never make it in local politics. He is too clever by half. In S'pore, for opposition chap to win, hard work required. Not open mouth talk like polymath. Legs must walk the streets and climb stairs. If GMS thinks he can win, he is kidding himself.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP may risk a total collapse of credibility if it won more seats but in the end TC management become a horrible nightmare.

If WP win by majority they will inherit the AIM software to manage all the TC.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to worry bro. GMS will never make it in local politics. He is too clever by half. In S'pore, for opposition chap to win, hard work required. Not open mouth talk like polymath. Legs must walk the streets and climb stairs. If GMS thinks he can win, he is kidding himself.

Do you know where GMS put up in Hongkong ? My next visit I go beo him to get his autograph.

Maybe he lives somewhere in The Peak.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you know where GMS put up in Hongkong ? My next visit I go beo him to get his autograph.

Maybe he lives somewhere in The Peak.

No idea where he lives in HK and also, not keen to know. Just want him back for GE for the purpose of entertainment.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If GMS believed WP's credibility was badly affected, asking them to contest less seats would not come to his mind. Instead he would ignore WP and proceed to do what he needs to do with WP not in his calculations.

The truth is, GMS himself does not believe what he himself says. He knows WP still has lots of credibility and is bothered by this. He knows PPP has to step into 3CF as the scene is very crowded but is confident of retaining his deposit unless the other opposition is WP. So he wants WP to cut down to increase PPP's chances of not clashing with WP.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
such an astute political analyst, how about choosing your bao jiak SMC or GRC with 1 to 1 against PAP, and ask other opposition parties to give way to this great man?

how about winning a seat and becoming an MP first and start your democratic dream rolling?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this Hylam GMS were to run in any constituency I am living , you bet, between the 'devil' & the deep blue sea....I will spoil the vote.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If GMS believed WP's credibility was badly affected, asking them to contest less seats would not come to his mind. Instead he would ignore WP and proceed to do what he needs to do with WP not in his calculations.

The truth is, GMS himself does not believe what he himself says. He knows WP still has lots of credibility and is bothered by this. He knows PPP has to step into 3CF as the scene is very crowded but is confident of retaining his deposit unless the other opposition is WP. So he wants WP to cut down to increase PPP's chances of not clashing with WP.

GMS is talking from the perspective of a PAP supporter. If not for the thread title, I would have thought it was written by Jason Chua (or is it Cheng?)

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this Hylam GMS were to run in any constituency I am living , you bet, between the 'devil' & the deep blue sea....I will spoil the vote.

His hobby must be collecting political party memberships. Wonder where he hid his pap member t-shirts.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
such an astute political analyst, how about choosing your bao jiak SMC or GRC with 1 to 1 against PAP, and ask other opposition parties to give way to this great man?

He got balls to stand against pappies in GRC or SMC on 1 to 1 contest? Pappies can pau jiak him anytime, eyes closed. He might even lose his deposit....:biggrin:

Let the giants fight it out, small boys stand aside...

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Limpeh would just take the day off, no voting, rather than spoil the vote and waste limpeh's precious time.