• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"As an Aljunied resident, I'm equally dissapointed with both WP and PAP!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/opposition-supporter-i-am-disappointed-both-wp-and-pap

pap-vs-wp_1.jpg

I refer to the piece,
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...cunning-linguist-underdogs-fight-aljunied-grc
and would like to give my 2 cents worth as a resident of Aljunied at 103 Bedok Reservoir.

I wish to say that while I am generally an opposition supporter but I am also largely disappointed with the WP and PAP whose sole objective is only to play political games with each other at the expense of residents who are caught in a tug of war. The WP and its supporters who never fail to cry foul are not looking objectively at their own failings either. I can still understand if this was the case with the various government agencies and civil servants victimizing AHPETC but a Supreme Court Judge who is a neutral party is now calling 1 of my MPs a liar, a charge she dare not refute because she knows it is all true, period!

I had initially thought the PAP would do some soul searching and perhaps, repentance too with the loss of my constituency but this has proven not to be the case. I remembered Victor Lie proclaiming to a crowd of PAP conventioneers in 2012 that "the people must perceive they mean something to the PAP and the party must respond by sending in figures that are of "value" to wrest back the ward. But what have we witnessed instead? Dr Koh Poh Koon, Desmond Choo and Ong Ye Kung being transferred to safe wards, leaving unknown newbies to do battle with the incumbents. I feel this will become the turning point for the PAP of Aljunied in that they have lost this ward forever.

Not that the WP can feel comforted it has been doing a great job. On the contrary, they campaigned for a "first world parliament" but ended up mirroring the PAP instead, both in terms of their conservatism and line up. They have fielded graduates who have remained virtually silent on issues of accountability and transparency that matters most to the people. The initial hype leading to GE 2011 of Chen Show Mao has now proven to amount to nothing as he fades into becoming another yes man for party whip LTK and Sylvia. Chen has not spoken much and issues of his estate remains vexing, with no responses to email queries and maintainance/cleanliness remains a constant problem. Sure, Pritam and Sylvia did speak a little at first but were later cowed into submission with Pritam publicly admitting timidity when the ruling PAP clamped down on them. It did not take much effort for the PAP to do so as the WP was literally caught with their pants down.

All eyes are now on the SDP and SFP, equiped with well rounded people who are not afraid to speak up, have clear plans on estate management and running the economy as well. I can only hope that the people of Sembawang, Holland Bt Timah and Bt Panjang will give them a chance to enter parliament and take Khaw Boon Wan and Vivian to task for arrogance and lapses in their ministries. As for us at Aljunied, we have paid the ultimate price for 'democracy' which is as good as having no voice in parliament with the WP voting in harmony with PAP on most issues.

Chris Han
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/opposition-supporter-i-am-disappointed-both-wp-and-pap

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
For too long our kids aren't educated in politics.

Municipal administration are best left to administrators, and leave the MPs to listen to the ground and push for policies that could better our livelihood.

Broad strokes across defense, economy, education, infrastructure for housing and transport, not forgetting arts & culture and communications.

Far too long for a one party rule and the populace are totally obfuscated.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Supreme court judge is a neutra party, geez people still believe that. Look at Amos for gods sake. Neutral parties will throw out the case in accordance to the law.

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/opposition-supporter-i-am-disappointed-both-wp-and-pap

View attachment 22351

I refer to the piece,
http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...cunning-linguist-underdogs-fight-aljunied-grc
and would like to give my 2 cents worth as a resident of Aljunied at 103 Bedok Reservoir.

I wish to say that while I am generally an opposition supporter but I am also largely disappointed with the WP and PAP whose sole objective is only to play political games with each other at the expense of residents who are caught in a tug of war. The WP and its supporters who never fail to cry foul are not looking objectively at their own failings either. I can still understand if this was the case with the various government agencies and civil servants victimizing AHPETC but a Supreme Court Judge who is a neutral party is now calling 1 of my MPs a liar, a charge she dare not refute because she knows it is all true, period!

I had initially thought the PAP would do some soul searching and perhaps, repentance too with the loss of my constituency but this has proven not to be the case. I remembered Victor Lie proclaiming to a crowd of PAP conventioneers in 2012 that "the people must perceive they mean something to the PAP and the party must respond by sending in figures that are of "value" to wrest back the ward. But what have we witnessed instead? Dr Koh Poh Koon, Desmond Choo and Ong Ye Kung being transferred to safe wards, leaving unknown newbies to do battle with the incumbents. I feel this will become the turning point for the PAP of Aljunied in that they have lost this ward forever.

Not that the WP can feel comforted it has been doing a great job. On the contrary, they campaigned for a "first world parliament" but ended up mirroring the PAP instead, both in terms of their conservatism and line up. They have fielded graduates who have remained virtually silent on issues of accountability and transparency that matters most to the people. The initial hype leading to GE 2011 of Chen Show Mao has now proven to amount to nothing as he fades into becoming another yes man for party whip LTK and Sylvia. Chen has not spoken much and issues of his estate remains vexing, with no responses to email queries and maintainance/cleanliness remains a constant problem. Sure, Pritam and Sylvia did speak a little at first but were later cowed into submission with Pritam publicly admitting timidity when the ruling PAP clamped down on them. It did not take much effort for the PAP to do so as the WP was literally caught with their pants down.

All eyes are now on the SDP and SFP, equiped with well rounded people who are not afraid to speak up, have clear plans on estate management and running the economy as well. I can only hope that the people of Sembawang, Holland Bt Timah and Bt Panjang will give them a chance to enter parliament and take Khaw Boon Wan and Vivian to task for arrogance and lapses in their ministries. As for us at Aljunied, we have paid the ultimate price for 'democracy' which is as good as having no voice in parliament with the WP voting in harmony with PAP on most issues.

Chris Han
A.S.S. Contributor

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/opposition-supporter-i-am-disappointed-both-wp-and-pap

U cannot bluff us lah typical papy suppprter in disguise. We intend to do another straw poll at aljunied grc nearer election. Last poll done last mth sippprt for WP stand at 65%. Stick w WP other opp parties din waste time.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Politics is a crappy game. Politicians are crooks, liars, slick talkers. Only you can improve your own well-being, do not leave this to the politicians, they are in it for their own careers. In a situation where you can choose (elect), our choice is normally for the one we perceive as the lesser of two evils.

The running of the municipal operations are tasked to the civil service and contractors. The parliament's purpose is to govern, enact laws, taxation, and oversee certain instituitions. Do not expect anything more. It would be ideal to not have governments, but our societies have grown too large and complex for that. For Singapore, I see the parliament as oversized. Eighty over parliament seats for a little island is overweight, lots of useless and idle buggers occupying unnecessary seats. And with so many parliamentarians, how many (if any) ever proposed, or even looks into something new for the nation? Every election, is the same old, same old story. Vote PAP if you want continued success, vote oppo if you dislike PAP.

Cheers!