• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wage subsidies for firms to hire unemployed locals as PMEs

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/wage-subsidies-firms-hire-unemployed-locals-pmes-20150709

Published on Jul 09, 2015
[h=2]Wage subsidies for firms to hire unemployed locals as PMEs[/h]

FIRMS looking to hire foreign professionals will soon have to abide by tougher hiring rules, while those prepared to fill their professional, manager and executive (PME) vacancies with unemployed locals will get financial help to offset the wage cost.

From Oct 1, firms will have to disclose the salary ranges for their PME jobs when they advertise their vacancies in the government-run national jobs bank. This will ensure that there is transparency and accountability in the hiring process so that locals will not be short-changed, said Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say yesterday.

When these firms subsequently seek foreigners to fill vacancies after they cannot find locals, some may be singled out by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to give information such as whether locals applied for the jobs and how many were interviewed. This will put firms under "greater scrutiny", Mr Lim said.

And those which already have a higher ratio of foreign staff, compared with their peers in the industry, will be asked by the MOM to implement a plan to reduce their reliance on foreign PMEs, before the ministry approves new or renews the employment passes of foreigners.

The ministry has already put the hiring process of some 150 firms under greater scrutiny, said Mr Lim.

But firms will not just face the stick when they try to hire foreign PMEs. Carrots will also be dangled to coax them to give unemployed locals a shot at the jobs.

Those which hire unemployed locals for PME jobs that pay at least $4,000 a month can get wage subsidies of between $400 and $2,800 each month for 12 months, to lower the cost of hiring these workers.
The wage subsidy programme will run for two years from Oct 1.

Besides the wage subsidy, the Workforce Development Agency is also looking into hiring professional headhunters to help unemployed PMEs find jobs.

THE STRAITS TIMES

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point number 1.

No Boss want to hire a fucking Sinkie who has to serve his fucking reservist and pay CPF.

Point No. 2

FT Boss won't give 2 fucks to hiring Sinkie cos they prefer their own kind.

Point No. 3

All the wayang show before erection, so what happens after 12 months? Fire that Sinkie?

Mom single out firms or employers for not able to hire a fucktard Sinkie?

They are always pro-employer. It 's a win -win situation if both are in carhots! LoL

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Point number 1.

No Boss want to hire a fucking Sinkie who has to serve his fucking reservist and pay CPF.

Point No. 2

Point No. 3

All the wayang show before erection, so what happens after 12 months? Fire that Sinkie?

They are always pro-employer. It 's a win -win situation if both are in carhots! LoL

What you hv listed above is known to PAP for decades......
They created the problems by opening the floodgates to let in shiploads of F Trashes, the majority of whom came with fake degrees
There are given jobs mainly stolen from local PMEs with full blessings from papigs
Many locals have been complaining but they were plainly ignored. When the volume gets louder papigs came up with Jobs Bank - a bullshit mechanism to delay, retard and lower the volume.... just an eyewash - papigs know & so do the employers looking for cheaper F Trashes
Many local PMEs cannot turn around and out of frustration drive taxi or wash toilet to get by.......ALL ALONG PAP KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BUT PLAYED DUMB EVEN TO THE EXTENT THAT A RECENT SCHEME PROPOSED MUST WAIT FOR 1 OCTOBER. wHY? THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES & THOSE POOR PME SOULS ARE UNEMPLOYED FOR YEARS, YET YOU TELL THEM TO WAIT A FEW MORE MONTHS. ALSO THERE IS AN EXPIRY DATE FOR THE GOVT HELP - PRESUMABLY AFTER I BOUGHT YOUR VOTE, YOU DIE YOUR BIZ. BIZ WILL BE AS USUAL IE MORE F TRASHES WILL BE LET IN. PEENOY, BURMESE, INDIAN, INDON ALL LOOK DOWN AT US BECOS OUR GOVT TREAT THEM BETTER THAN US,
THIS KIND OF GOVT DID NOT RESPRESENT OUR BEST INTEREST, SO WHAT DO WE NEED TO VOTE FOR THEM??????? FUCK THEM OFF, VTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important question, does locals include PRs? If yes then total eyewash, also subsidizing unemployed locals for PME jobs that pay at least $4,000 a month for 12 months is stupid, after 12 months the company would kick out this PME and get another unemployed PME and keep sucking benefits.

Just stop the damned flow of foreign underqualified degree mill PMEs and problem solved, don't waste tax money on subsidies.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What you hv listed above is known to PAP for decades......
They created the problems by opening the floodgates to let in shiploads of F Trashes, the majority of whom came with fake degrees
There are given jobs mainly stolen from local PMEs with full blessings from papigs
Many locals have been complaining but they were plainly ignored. When the volume gets louder papigs came up with Jobs Bank - a bullshit mechanism to delay, retard and lower the volume.... just an eyewash - papigs know & so do the employers looking for cheaper F Trashes
Many local PMEs cannot turn around and out of frustration drive taxi or wash toilet to get by.......ALL ALONG PAP KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON BUT PLAYED DUMB EVEN TO THE EXTENT THAT A RECENT SCHEME PROPOSED MUST WAIT FOR 1 OCTOBER. wHY? THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN AROUND FOR DECADES & THOSE POOR PME SOULS ARE UNEMPLOYED FOR YEARS, YET YOU TELL THEM TO WAIT A FEW MORE MONTHS. ALSO THERE IS AN EXPIRY DATE FOR THE GOVT HELP - PRESUMABLY AFTER I BOUGHT YOUR VOTE, YOU DIE YOUR BIZ. BIZ WILL BE AS USUAL IE MORE F TRASHES WILL BE LET IN. PEENOY, BURMESE, INDIAN, INDON ALL LOOK DOWN AT US BECOS OUR GOVT TREAT THEM BETTER THAN US,
THIS KIND OF GOVT DID NOT RESPRESENT OUR BEST INTEREST, SO WHAT DO WE NEED TO VOTE FOR THEM??????? FUCK THEM OFF, VTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scheme is starting in October because erection in September - if PAP not in, the scheme won't happen.
No where else in the world would you see such blatant vote buying......all in the guise of "help" when
they cause the problems in the first place and are now "helping" us?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice,looks like the PAP has succeeded in implementing the white horse/jiak liao bee policy to the private sector.watch out for more loser sinkies who cant compete for jobs so they have to be subsidized by taxpayer dollars coming soon to a company near you.ur new colleague could be a white horse/jiak liao bee!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it's a good start in the right direction. Better than nothing and about time too!

How does it help?

Declare salary range, many employers simply over declare and pay the employees less.

Give information such as whether locals applied for the jobs and how many were interviewed. Employers can declare that they interview 100 over Singaporeans and just say unsuitable. Shouldn't the onus be on the Govt to say what skills and jobs are needed and therefore can employ foreigners, why is this trust given to the employers? So again counts for nothing.

Hire unemployed locals for PME jobs that pay at least $4,000 a month can get wage subsidies of between $400 and $2,800 each month for 12 months, to lower the cost of hiring these workers. After 12 months these employees will get terminated and the employer finds new unemployed local and just take public money as subsidies, how stupid is this?

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The scheme is starting in October because erection in September - if PAP not in, the scheme won't happen.
No where else in the world would you see such blatant vote buying......all in the guise of "help" when
they cause the problems in the first place and are now "helping" us?

That's right. If you vote WP, be prepared for more sinkie PMETs to be retrenched. You need PAP!

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already know of a number of employers who declare a higher salary to get foreigners on a EP. If the salary is 1100 they state as 2,800. Every month they pay 2.8k into the foreigners account, then the foreigners withdraw the excess of 1.7k money and return to the employer as cash.

How about some legislation to counter this?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already know of a number of employers who declare a higher salary to get foreigners on a EP. If the salary is 1100 they state as 2,800. Every month they pay 2.8k into the foreigners account, then the foreigners withdraw the excess of 1.7k money and return to the employer as cash.

Legislation is pointless without enforcement. Punitive fines should help pay for enforcement.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does it help?

Declare salary range, many employers simply over declare and pay the employees less.

Give information such as whether locals applied for the jobs and how many were interviewed. Employers can declare that they interview 100 over Singaporeans and just say unsuitable. Shouldn't the onus be on the Govt to say what skills and jobs are needed and therefore can employ foreigners, why is this trust given to the employers? So again counts for nothing.

Hire unemployed locals for PME jobs that pay at least $4,000 a month can get wage subsidies of between $400 and $2,800 each month for 12 months, to lower the cost of hiring these workers. After 12 months these employees will get terminated and the employer finds new unemployed local and just take public money as subsidies, how stupid is this?

I see this as a small victory for Opposition. On it's own accord, PAP will never do this. Let's see this as a Opp victory.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Point number 1.

Point No. 2

Point No. 3

Sounds like sinkies today simply cannot compete. Farking useless.

I also did reservist and my boss paid my CPF. Today, I am still doing very well in my career.

People don't want to hire sinkies today because sinkies have a farked up attitude towards work.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those which hire unemployed locals for PME jobs that pay at least $4,000 a month can get wage subsidies of between $400 and $2,800 each month for 12 months, to lower the cost of hiring these workers.
The wage subsidy programme will run for two years from Oct 1.

Cheap wages again? How is that programme sustainable?

Is this the brilliant idea of the best brains in sinkapore?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like sinkies today simply cannot compete. Farking useless.

I also did reservist and my boss paid my CPF. Today, I am still doing very well in my career.

People don't want to hire sinkies today because sinkies have a farked up attitude towards work.

Hey stupid, those days the government protected dead wood like you and didn't allow so many foreigners in, I know, because I come from several generations of bosses, and government told us to shape up or ship out if our business couldn't compete. Today all business men like bapok, cannot this cannot that because no cheap labour.

People of your generation not only fcuked up attitude but damn bloody lowly educated as well, we hired air levels employees as managers because degree holders only top 1 to 2% and so hard to find, ya and the police also wore shorts those days, so count yourself fcuking lucky and stop patronising the current generation.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knn , TONG NGOR HAI SOR CHEE AH, HERE ALLOW FT TO COME IN THERE GIVE SUBSIDIZE TO EMPLOYER :confused::*::*::*:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

reward whistle blower 100k .......... nail the rogue employers