• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

china stocks toxic like shit

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's money to be made whether the stock market goes up or down.

Only the foolish non-aristocratic small-time gor pio peasants lose sleep and fret over declines, or pester their friends for stock recommendations (e.g. on forum, in the pantry, over Whatsapp). :rolleyes:

Cammy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Government's meltdown measures offer cold comfort for China's investors

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 08 July, 2015, 2:08am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 08 July, 2015, 2:08am

Kwong Man-ki in Beijing [email protected]

china-stock-markets_pek701_51255193.jpg

An investor watches an electronic board showing stock information at a brokerage office in Beijing. Photo: Reuters

Mainland investors have taken little comfort from Beijing's efforts to stop the stock market meltdown, and hundreds of billions of yuan in support from brokerages and mutual funds will give stocks little more than a small lift, according to analysts.

ANZ Banking senior economist Raymond Yeung Yue-ting said commitments from the mainland's top brokerage firms and mutual funds to buy stocks and funds did not amount to much compared with the A-share market's daily transaction value of about 1 trillion yuan (HK$1.26 trillion).

Chen Xingyu, an analyst with Phillip Securities, said brokerage firms and funds had used "real money" to buy shares and funds amid the government's support measures, but the amount was limited and helped only to stabilise the prices of heavyweights.

"With a limited amount of money, it's not possible to buy shares in every sector, so the prices of smaller companies continue to drop despite the benchmark index recovering a bit from last week," Chen said.

The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index ended 1.3 per cent lower yesterday after rebounding on Monday following the heavy losses last week.

Shenzhen's ChiNext index, which tracks the performance of small-cap companies, fell 5.1 per cent.

"The money to rescue the market will be invested in blue-chip and large-cap stocks, and there will continue to be pressure on smaller companies. It will take more time to restore market confidence," Chen said.

The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) would also become more cautious in allowing the launch of new products and in introducing new capital market rules in the future, he said.

Beijing rolled out a series of support measures over the weekend after the stock market slump last week, with 21 top domestic brokerages pledging to inject no less than 120 billion yuan to buy funds tracking blue-chip stocks and 69 mutual funds promising to purchase stock funds.

The Asset Management Association of China announced on Monday that 57 mutual funds had invested a total of 2.16 billion yuan in stock funds.

Central Huijin Investment, the government's investment agency, said it had recently bought exchange-traded funds and would continue to do so.

Mainland media reports said Central Huijin made up to 39.5 billion yuan in subscriptions to four major ETFs over the past few days.

Financial magazine Caijing also said the National Social Security Fund, the state pension fund, ordered its asset managers on Monday not to sell local shares.

The slew of measures include the People's Bank of China's pledge to provide liquidity support to China Securities Finance Corp, the government-backed margin finance agency. China Business News quoted a source as saying that the funding size of China Securities Finance could reach 1 trillion yuan.

Yeung of ANZ Banking said the central bank's move would be of little support to the stock market because it was not known how much money could be invested in buying shares and funds. As an emergency measure, the CSRC is also cutting initial public offerings. Yeung said the market jitters might hinder progress in the country's financial market reforms.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All stock markets have bubbles and busts,cycles of irrationality and it has nothing to do with intrinsic fundamentals.US already had two busts in the last 15 years and is now in the 3rd bubble phase.the trick is to leave 20 or 30% in cash or bonds so u

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All stock markets have bubbles and busts,cycles of irrationality and it has nothing to do with intrinsic fundamentals.US already had two busts in the last 15 years and is now in the 3rd bubble phase.the trick is to leave 20 or 30% in cash or bonds so u

this rout is now unstoppable. we have been warning about this event for some time now. there will be massive tiong suicides and millions of milf's selling their cheebyes soon.

http://finance.yahoo.com/video/whats-causing-collapse-chinese-stocks-164631185.html

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it is all engineered. I still remembered Merl advicing bro here to hoot big and get out at its peak as it is "once in a lifetime" kind of event.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A stock market works toward the public interest when the vast majority of listed companies are honest and publish honest financial reports. Unfortunately, the chinks despite 5000 years of history, have little understanding about the virtue of honesty. In China, they believe that only idiots are honest.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
5000 year culture don't belong to these PRC commie chinks lah. These PRC commie chinks has about 50 to 60 years of culture only lah. They destroyed the5000 year culture during the cultural revolution in the PRC.

A stock market works toward the public interest when the vast majority of listed companies are honest and publish honest financial reports. Unfortunately, the chinks despite 5000 years of history, have little understanding about the virtue of honesty. In China, they believe that only idiots are honest.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought it is all engineered. I still remembered Merl advicing bro here to hoot big and get out at its peak as it is "once in a lifetime" kind of event.

yes, we mentioned it on another thread when shanghai composite index bubbled big in q1 and took a dive. that was time to sell your stocks. if you don't, you'll be wasted. sold my u.s. stocks then. gpro, fb, tsla, nflx, etc. now holding too much cash, but in usd. will go back in when market stabilizes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can't wait for these bunch of comeuppance chinks to go down swimming in gutter oil.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Timing my friend. Timing is the name of the game.

2822 and 2823 today closed at HKD13.10 & HKD11.94 respectively.

In anticipation of the Adam Cheng effect this coming Monday, yesterday I cleared all my 2822 at HK$17.60 and 2823 at HK$16.30.

Also the month of May is around the corner.

Am so thankful that I took my profits in late April amounting to HK$3m plus.

2822 has now fallen to HK$15.62 and 2823 to HK$13.66 and Shanghai Composite Index is in bear territory.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"china is fragile."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/entire-world-learned-very-important-111831626.html

some drastic measures are taken by the prc regime to arrest the panic: major shareholders of publicly-traded companies with at least 5% ownership are prevented from trading (i.e. mostly liquidating their positions) for 6 months, over 40% of companies stop their shares from being traded on the stock market for now (for how long we don't know), and gov funds step in to buy stocks in distress to attempt to stem the tide.

all 3 measures helped a little on friday, but there's serious doubt they will hold for long. they're not sustainable, and the intent was not for these draconian panic measures to continue for too long. it's akin to jumping the heart of a patient in the middle of a heart attack or prevent death of a profusely bleeding patient. but such emergency procedures cannot continue indefinitely to save a patient.

advice from a portfolio manager this morning is: avoid china stocks, should have sold like merl did in q1, keep profits and powder dry, don't go back in. luckily my portfolio had only 2.67% asia-developed and 3.52% asia-emerging (less than 3% china composite) exposure, and that was liquidated before q2. heng ah! :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
companies that have partnership and merger/acquisition aspirations with companies in the prc are in limbo as executives arrive in shanghai this weekend and are told all contracts, agreements, approval and signing will be put on hold indefinitely as gov measures are in place. they are booking their flights back as soon as sunday. moreover, some will be held hostage as a super typhoon is heading shanghai's way. :eek:

eashitndie reporting from the ground. :p

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's about timing and the trend is your friend.:biggrin:

there's a silver lining to the tiong panic and sell-off. in a matter of just a few weeks the real estate picture in sf has far fewer overbidding cash buyers from the prc. young local couples with good jobs and pay are now able to win bids on million-dollar homes the traditional way - i.e. 20% down, 80% on jumbo loan. this is unlike a couple of weeks ago when a 100% cash bid with 20% over asking is still king. suddenly the long years of wait for these local tech couples are over, and all-in plus over asking cash bids disappear. with the disruptive and destructive tiong frenzied buying subsiding from the sf real estate market (they account for 37% of all purchases in 2015 so far), the risk of a dangerous bubble is beginning to decrease a bit. good riddance to the tiongs.