• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amos made to become a shadow of former self

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have said it right. People dared not express their opinion or deduction for fear of being sued.

You are of the opinion that it is tainting the person's reputation and it could be of malicious intent if we labelled him as Autistic. That is sad. You have a totally negative perception for Autism and it is wrong. Autism has a wide spectrum. You are aware only of the negative side of the Autism's spectrum. Your conclusion is made based on the negative half of the spectrum.

Einstein and Bill Gates are known to be Autistic. Google for the rich and famous who are autistic and a long list will appear. Many geniuses are Autistic. They are blessed with an untainted mind - no hypocrisy, no emotional baggage ... to cloud their thoughts.

I rather be autistic like them. Hope you have a better understanding of autism. Not the mind set that all autistic are blur blur type.

OK lah you win. My white has become blackened further by you.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK lah you win. My white has become blackened further by you.
Why should there be winner or loser. It is just a discussion on autism. Many have misconception on autism. My purpose is simply to straighten misunderstanding on ASD and hope that there is greater awareness so that they can co-exist with others without being viewed as a tainted being.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should there be winner or loser. It is just a discussion on autism. Many have misconception on autism. My purpose is simply to straighten misunderstanding on ASD and hope that there is greater awareness so that they can co-exist with others without being viewed as a tainted being.

PAP has just painted Autism as psychotic. That's the quality of our mental health professionals - psychiatrists and 'psychologists'.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well can turn black into white is winner right? By glamourising autism with the likes of Einstein and Bill gates does not make it right to anyhow label one as autistic without conclusive evidence.

And raising awareness is not by anyhow labelling one as autistic as if it is a badge of honour in the league of genius. Most people prefer to be just normal.

Also I am not negative or stigmatising autism but basing on the normal expectation of being labelled autistic. The fact is there are special education schools like Pathlight set up for autistic children with teachers equipped with special training.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well can turn black into white is winner right? By glamourising autism with the likes of Einstein and Bill gates does not make it right to anyhow label one as autistic without conclusive evidence.

And raising awareness is not by anyhow labelling one as autistic as if it is a badge of honour in the league of genius. Most people prefer to be just normal.

Also I am not negative or stigmatising autism but basing on the normal expectation of being labelled autistic. The fact is there are special education schools like Pathlight set up for autistic children with teachers equipped with special training.
I give up. No wonder many parents with autistic child, whom I worked with lamented that it is an uphill task making public understand and accept autism. With feedback like yours, it is really frustrating. I am not glamourising autism. I merely highlighted the other extreme end of the spectrum where autistic kids are genius to contrast with the negative image you are having on autism so as to highlight the wide spectrum of ASD. Many people are actually in between but didn't even realise.

Never mind, just hope that through this discussion, you get to understand that the wrong perception of autism was built on the negative group since their behaviour is so pronounce and noticeable. However, with early intervention, even such kids can lead a normal life. A few years back, an autistic kid was among the top in psle with a score of 271 which is top 3%. He was also ADHD. However, he has great parents who patiently nurtured him. My kids ever went out on an excursion with him when he was pre-primary age. He was totally unmanageable and few would believe then that he can be corrected but his parents did it and with flying colour.

Finally, I hope you can change your "normal expectation of being labelled autistics". Please also do not cast a negative light on the word "special" for school like Pathlight. Autistic kids are special because they don't do things just to please others. They speak their mind and focus on what they like.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I give up. No wonder many parents with autistic child, whom I worked with lamented that it is an uphill task making public understand and accept autism. With feedback like yours, it is really frustrating. I am not glamourising autism. I merely highlighted the other extreme end of the spectrum where autistic kids are genius to contrast with the negative image you are having on autism so as to highlight the wide spectrum of ASD. Many people are actually in between but didn't even realise.

Never mind, just hope that through this discussion, you get to understand that the wrong perception of autism was built on the negative group since their behaviour is so pronounce and noticeable. However, with early intervention, even such kids can lead a normal life. A few years back, an autistic kid was among the top in psle with a score of 271 which is top 3%. He was also ADHD. However, he has great parents who patiently nurtured him. My kids ever went out on an excursion with him when he was pre-primary age. He was totally unmanageable and few would believe then that he can be corrected but his parents did it and with flying colour.

Finally, I hope you can change your "normal expectation of being labelled autistics". Please also do not cast a negative light on the word "special" for school like Pathlight. Autistic kids are special because they don't do things just to please others. They speak their mind and focus on what they like.

For the record, I did not cast any negative light on the word "special". FYI special education school was a term used by everybody when I was working in the charity sector last time.

It is not a term I invented and there was no negative connotations on special school or special education at all. From what I know it is to differentiate vs mainstream schools.

Last edited:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the record, I did not cast any negative light on the word "special". FYI special education school was a term used by everybody when I was working in the charity sector last time.

It is not a term I invented and there was no negative connotations on special school or special education at all. From what I know it is to differentiate vs mainstream schools.
Care to share the charity organization that has special school that you were working with? I used to know MIND quite well long time ago. The parents were mostly poor folks with no knowledge of autism. So there was no early intervention. Instead, the kids were treated as stupid or mad and they had already got from bad to worse by the time they were in MIND. There were a number of violent Giants then. However, once you know them and win their trust, they are actually quite nice and gentle. But don't ever make them upset, only the minder can calm them. That is the greatest problem with public who are unaware of what autism is. The case of an old woman being pushed down the bus by an autistic teenager was because she upset him. He told her off for being slow. Autistic tells what is in their mind, no niceties. She turned and scolded him. That upset him and triggered the violent. If the old lady knew what iautism was then and bear with the remark, nothing would have happened.

Well these are the extreme of the spectrum that most people associate Autism with. Even now, whenever I suggest to parents that their kid may have mild autism, many felt offended. In US, there are community support groups formed by volunteers to help with early intervention. They don't react to autism like the way we are here. They know that early intervention helps and these special people are very focus and will usually excel in whatever field that they develop the passion in.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to share the charity organization that has special school that you were working with? I used to know MIND quite well long time ago. The parents were mostly poor folks with no knowledge of autism. So there was no early intervention. Instead, the kids were treated as stupid or mad and they had already got from bad to worse by the time they were in MIND. There were a number of violent Giants then. However, once you know them and win their trust, they are actually quite nice and gentle. But don't ever make them upset, only the minder can calm them. That is the greatest problem with public who are unaware of what autism is. The case of an old woman being pushed down the bus by an autistic teenager was because she upset him. He told her off for being slow. Autistic tells what is in their mind, no niceties. She turned and scolded him. That upset him and triggered the violent. If the old lady knew what iautism was then and bear with the remark, nothing would have happened.

Well these are the extreme of the spectrum that most people associate Autism with. Even now, whenever I suggest to parents that their kid may have mild autism, many felt offended. In US, there are community support groups formed by volunteers to help with early intervention. They don't react to autism like the way we are here. They know that early intervention helps and these special people are very focus and will usually excel in whatever field that they develop the passion in.

It has been a long time ago and my work was finance so I never deal directly with the beneficiary kids.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iGZTNBh.gif