• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese breed like rabbits when they are in angmo countries!!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why SG Garmen still dun get it right?? So difficult meh??

More can be done to encourage couples to have children: Study
Channel NewsAsia Singapore NewsToday, 11:00 am

The results of the study by the Institute of Policy Studies show that women tend to be more sceptical of the Enhanced Marriage and Parenthood package.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes... go breed another generation of taxpayers and wage slaves for SG Inc.

Don't forget educational businesses such as Mind Stretchers need you to continually provide new customers. :wink:

Be fruitful and multiply! :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think lower birth rate is common throughout industrialized and post-industrialized communities. Firstly, careers take priority for many couples, pushing up the age for child-bearing, secondly, lifestyle of the "me" generation pushes adults to pursue hobbies and interest once their career is taken care of, this reduces the incidence of births. Together with these, family sizes have reduced noticeably (eg. my mom had nine siblings, my dad had seven, most of my cousins have only one sibling, myself included). It is not realistic for the government to ask people to go against social trends and expect results to follow.

Cheers!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not realistic for the government to ask people to go against social trends and expect results to follow.

The government wants its next generation of wage slaves and taxpayers to keep the economy going. It will attempt to bait people by cash payouts and overselling the joys of parenthood and family life. :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do not know if this mindset was brought about by the economic model of "growth." If this is so, shit, society should start looking at other options. There is definitely a limit to the size of things, economy included. If society is fixed on population=economic growth, Singapore is already bursting at the seams. More people will not necessarily lead to better quality of life. I find it somewhat disturbing that all those highly paid buggers in parliament can't even see that.

At the level of the unit family, the size of the family should be the desire of the husband and wife to decide and manage, not for some authority telling them the size of their family should be.

Cheers!

The government wants its next generation of wage slaves and taxpayers to keep the economy going. It will attempt to bait people by cash payouts and overselling the joys of parenthood and family life. :wink: