• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AMK resident finds newspaper mixed with cement when changing toilet door

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today 3:43 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
reiko http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Hall of Fame

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...n-cement-when-changing-toilet-door#xtor=CS1-2

Quote:
c_1.jpg

Stomper Josephine made a shocking discovery yesterday (Jul 4) when a contractor was changing a door frame in her HDB flat at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4.

According to the Stomper, newspapers dated as far back as 1998 was found mixed with the cement that was supposed to be underneath the plastic door frames.

When the she consulted her contractor about what happened, he said that it was not the first time he has come across such a practice.

Said the Stomper via a telephone interview:

"I was changing the toilets doors and was shocked to see this when the contractors removed the door frames!!!!

"The newspapers were used to fill in spaces in the cement.

"I find it ridiculous that such a thing actually happened."​

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
die lah, concrete and the reinforced steel bars should be bonded together so not to let air bubbles between them which could rust the bars and cause concrete cancer.

Repair to concrete cancer are expensive and for high rise may lead to pull down the whole building if the rust penetrated and spread to all the reinforced steel bars. There should a concrete cover of 30-50mm and look at the picture die lah where is the concrete cover.

Expose this part to moistures for long time the rust will slowly creep into the bars and spread further to other bars cause structural defects to the column, beams or support, structural or non-structural.

Always suspect HDB poor quality construction and this has proven to me it is real.

Chip out the concrete and get it tested for concrete strength. depending on which part of the structures should be 25-30Mpa concrete strength. Get it tested to see HBD got tau jiak the concrete dilute with water or not.

My guess is the contractor did not use concrete vibrator when pouring this wall. Concrete vibrator tube is dipped into the wet concrete as it pour and the vibration will mixed the concrete well making sure the concrete covers all gaps and holes evenly and no tau jiak leow (makan money) from the contractor.

Can sue HBD or the contractor now for poor workmanship tau jiak leow on labour amd materials. Definitely conctractor tau jiak workmanship without using the concrete vibrator to settle the concrete evenly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrator_(mechanical)

http://www.alleneng.com/concrete-equipment/placing/concrete-vibrator

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah,,,,Ah Tiong building construction techniques in Singkieland,,,thanks 60%...

[video=youtube;Z8QwGdEBOeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8QwGdEBOeg[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must find creative ways to cut costs... just don't expect the savings to trickle down to you, peasant. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The dream of 'home ownership' in Sinkieland: getting into hefty debt to pay for overpriced 99-year lease pigeon holes of substandard quality. And you're told to be grateful, to be appreciative. :biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
relax... the part of wall around door frame is not load bearing wall, so no reinforced steel bars issues..
Yes, when I DIY, I also use newspaper. It is especially convenient for hole on top of the door frame because the wet cement will keep dropping down when we try to fill the hole. The plus point is that it actually helps to reduce the structural load.

However, it should never be used for floors such as openings for pipes to go through in the toilet Some renovation contractor did it, causing troublesome leakage subsequently.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
relax... the part of wall around door frame is not load bearing wall, so no reinforced steel bars issues..

Yeah sure, you have yet to see what ' had been added' to the load bearing structures AFTER they were sealed up.

If Pappy cronies like you know, you would even FAINT before your pigeon hole collapse! LololoL

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
goondu: the bangla workers used newspaper to strengthen the concrete .... ancient bengali secret recipe
It works with cow dung, so it shud work with semen oops cement.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, when I DIY, I also use newspaper. It is especially convenient for hole on top of the door frame because the wet cement will keep dropping down when we try to fill the hole. The plus point is that it actually helps to reduce the structural load.

Yes, newspaper helps to absorb excess moisture from cement, allowing it to hold in position and to set quickly.
But cement drying too quickly will be weaker and brittle.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The dream of 'home ownership' in Sinkieland: getting into hefty debt to pay for overpriced 99-year lease pigeon holes of substandard quality. And you're told to be grateful, to be appreciative. :biggrin:

This is what happened when Papaya gahmen tender awarded to the Lowest price!!

Contractor will have to find means to make up for earning, cheapest tender therefore

they find ways like replacing cement with newspaper, (very cheap) 3 cts a kilos compare

to cement!!

No surprise if one day our HDB collapsed than Mr. Cow would KPKB and called for investigation!!

Too late don't u think?? !!