• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It would be a real pity if Di Maria leaves. He's probably one of the most technically gifted players. United was keen on the player during Fergie's reign but he chose REAL ahead of us. When he left REAL, PSG was his first choice if not for FFP rules.

Di Maria cannot play successive games within a short period of time as evident in the W-Cup and most recently the Copa America. I really can't see how United can get the best of him unless they manage his playing time. Pity if he leaves.

I would exchange him for Cavani, Cavani is a robust player, fast and a good finisher. Maria physical is too weak for BPL.....

The last time I watched Cavani when he's at Napoli, the trio of him, Lavezzi and Hamsik was truly devastating, reminds me of Man U famous counter attacks of Giggs, Kanchelski era....

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Breaking news, or more media (over-) play? :p

Transfer News: New £75m Man Utd double deal

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...l-Liverpool-fans-want-Lacazette-Arsenal-plans

Edinson Cavani and Nicolas Otamendi are reportedly being lined up by Manchester United in a stunning £75m double deal.

United have flexed their financial muscle already this window, snapping up four deals totalling over £80m.

But the club are far from done and are looking to finalise moves for Paris St-Germain star Cavani and Valencia's Otamendi next, according to the Express.

Striker Cavani is available for a straight cash offer of £50m while Otamendi is valued at £25m and is United's first choice centre-back target.

[video]http://bcove.me/1wu97xdy[/video]
[video]http://bcove.me/7s9xqwls[/video]

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd transfer news and rumours: 'United agree £21m fee for Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ee-for-Benfica-midfielder-Nicolas-Gaitan.html

NicolasGaitanget_3_3374479b.jpg

Manchester United will continue their spending spree with the signing of Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan.
The Metro says that United have agreed a fee with the Portuguese side, thought to be €30 million (£21m).
Gaitan has been a long-standing target of United's and now it appears the two clubs have reached an agreement for the winger.

According to the report, Gaitan - who is still to agree personal terms - will join United once record signing Angel Di Maria's move away from Old Trafford is finalised.

United arrived in Seattle this morning on the first-leg of their pre-season tour of the United States but Di Maria will not participate in the four-game trip to the US due to his exertions with Argentina at the Copa America. However, it is understood that the 27-year-old and his wife, Jorgelina Cardoso, have become increasingly unhappy in Manchester and are keen to return to Spain, just a year after his arrival from Real Madrid.

PSG have confirmed their interest in Di Maria, who was a long-term target of the French champions last summer, but the player has identified a return to Real as his favoured option. With Real so far showing little interest in taking Di Maria back, however, the player is likely to be left with a choice of staying at United or accepting the challenge offered by PSG.

One player who will be staying at United is goalkeeper Victor Valdes. Valdes joined United in last season's winter transfer window but has struggled for game time behind David de Gea. With De Gea expected to join Real Madrid, the agent of Valdes has insisted the keeper wants to stay at Old Trafford despite interest from Turkish side Antalyaspor. Valdes has been left out of United's squad for the tour of the States, adding to speculation he could be about to leave, but Gines Carvajal says that is far from the case.

“I’ve been contacted by a series of individuals from Turkey to negotiate a move for Victor,” Carvajal said.
“But I haven’t spoken with the president of the Turkish club in question. I don’t know him. I have no plans to talk with them again as my player has no interest in a move to Antalyaspor.
“His only wishes are to remain at Manchester United and he has another year left on his contract. We don’t see any reason for him to leave the club.
“United are among the top two or three best teams in the world. Victor is keen to fight for a place next season and wants to help the club as much as he can.”

Finally, Edinson Cavani is the 'prime target' to replace Robin Van Persie at Manchester United, according to the Guardian.

The PSG forward has longed been linked with a move to Old Trafford this summer and could become Louis van Gaal's No 1 player on his shortlist.

The Dutchman has also been keeping tabs on Aston Villa's Christian Benteke, but it is thought Liverpool are frontrunners to land the Belg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't disagree, his skill set was evident (at least at start). More speculation here :p

Man Utd transfer news: £60m Muller to replace Van Persie?

10 July. http://www.theweek.co.uk/man-utd-transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-16

Manchester United are ready to launch a £60m bid for Bayern Munich's World Cup-winning striker Thomas Muller.

Stop dreaming. I don't think they will poach another German Bayern player. The Kaiser will see to that.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would exchange him for Cavani, Cavani is a robust player, fast and a good finisher. Maria physical is too weak for BPL.....

The last time I watched Cavani when he's at Napoli, the trio of him, Lavezzi and Hamsik was truly devastating, reminds me of Man U famous counter attacks of Giggs, Kanchelski era....

The last I saw him was in a CL match and I have to say he looks supremely fit which says a lot about his discipline unlike some flabby thug.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United kit 2015-16: Adidas strip leaked

Man Utd's new Adidas kit will be revealed in two weeks but this is the best look yet at The Reds' return to the three stripes.
United's new Adidas kit will be officially unveiled on August 1

Manchester United's new Adidas kit will be revealed two weeks on Saturday but this is possibly the best look yet at The Reds' return to the three stripes.

A raft of dubious designs have hit the internet in recent months, however the latest image is a detailed look at United's new home strip.

From a purely aesthetic perspective, United supporters will notice the watermarks emblazoned on the red shirt, which appear to be a homage to the much revered 1992 away kit United wore in that year's League Cup final.

United will wear Nike kits for their pre-season tour of the United States, despite signing a world record £750m kit deal with Adidas last year.

Nike's contract with United runs until the last day of July and The Reds' four Stateside matches against Club America, San Jose Earthquakes, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain will all be staged before Adidas replace the American sportswear giant on August 1.

mufcadidas2.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United arrive at airport for pre-season tour (Pictures)
• 15:25, 13 JULY 2015
• BY SAMUEL LUCKHURST

Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin flew off with their Man Utd teammates to America.

Manchester United's four new signings arrived at Manchester Airport on Monday to jet out to the United States for the club's pre-season tour.

Memphis Depay, Matteo Darmian, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin were all included in Louis van Gaal's 26-man squad for the four-game tour.

The quartet could make their United bows against Club America in The Reds' first game on Friday evening (kick-off Saturday at 4.00 BST) before they face San Jose Earthquakes, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.

Victor Valdes and Rafael da Silva were the two notable absentees from the party, with the latter expected to leave United this summer.

Goalkeeper Valdes was linked with a move to Antalyaspor but his agent insisted he would remain at Old Trafford.
Fellow custodians Anders Lindegaard and Sam Johnstone both boarded the plane to Seattle.

MU5.jpg
ECE_14_MAN_UNITED_TOUR.jpg
mata.jpg
MU2.jpg
MU1.jpg

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;KYVBieTFCmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYVBieTFCmg[/video]
We have been tracking Gaitan for a few years, he's sort of an old school playmaker, like Chelsea Oscar, or Holland Sneijder. Hmmm... I wonder how Van Gaal will fit him in his tactics.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, the oldest link and I think he was 22/23. Almost came to fruition until they demanded that United meet the release clause which was if not mistaken 25 million pounds. Another old link was Garay.

Gaitan started off at left wing. I very much doubt they'll get him if DM stays. Otherwise we'll end up with three which can only mean Young will have to move right cuz DM didn't do particularly well when played on the right.

United should just concentrate on bringing in CDs and a striker as we've already got the midfield covered.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DM going, or the jury's still out there?

Man Utd in talks over stunning £42.8m deal after winger agrees five-year contract
ANGEL DI MARIA has reportedly agreed a five-year deal to join Paris St-Germain.

By Alex Harris / Published 14th July 2015. French newspaper Le Parisien claim the Manchester United winger has given his word to PSG bosses that he wants to join the club this summer.

And Le Parisien report that talks between the two clubs are progressing well with a £42.8m fee likely to be agreed.

Di Maria has missed out on United's pre-season tour of the USA because he is resting up following the Copa America.
But the French paper believe Di Maria could link up with PSG on their own tour of the United States.

Le Parisien reckon the transfer could even be completed before United face the French champions in a friendly on July 29.

PSG boss Laurent Blanc has confirmed he would like to sign the Argentina international after missing out last summer.

"Di Maria, he’s good," Blanc said. "We have more freedom, but it remains a difficult project for us because we’re not alone in wanting him.

"When you see the financial power of the English clubs, they are attacking everyone. Competition is very, very tough.

"Don’t forget, Manchester United paid a fortune to sign him.

"For us to work effectively, we have to think of other solutions. We must be proactive."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite certain he's on his way out. Didn't settle well with accommodation and family. His Argentinian team mate Rojo is aware that LVG is prepared to let him go. I hope he stays. Manchester weather is quite dreadful when you compare with sunny Spain.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Giggs and Kanchelskis.............can run a lot and very fast back then..............but both not skillful............i always wondered how Kanchelskis can crawl into the Russian national team............that Man Utd team might have won the league title but they played awful football.........

anyway, i predict Schweinsteiger will be a flop...........injury-prone now and no more motivation liao............

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giggs and Kanchelskis......can run a lot and very fast back then.....but both not skillful............i always wondered how Kanchelskis can crawl into the Russian national team............that Man Utd team might have won the league title but they played awful football...
For sure, you entitled to your opinion. Beg to differ on Giggs, his mazy runs (in his heydays) were a delight to watch. Recall how in 1 game vs Gunners, he waltzed through defence (flat footed) to score.

On Kanchelski, yes he was a sprinter kind player. But russkie team is not exactly a power house either:eek:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saga between the posts :p

Man Utd: Victor Valdes for sale after reserves snub - Van Gaal

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport in Seattle

Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes will be sold after manager Louis van Gaal claimed he "refused to play" in the reserves.
The 33-year-old Spain international was a surprise omission from the pre-season squad currently touring the US.

"He doesn't follow my philosophy. There is no place for someone like that," said Van Gaal of his January signing.
United's number one David De Gea, 24, has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid this summer.

The Old Trafford club will not consider selling De Gea, whose contract expires in 2016, unless they receive a record fee for a goalkeeper.

Asked about De Gea's situation, Van Gaal added: "I cannot say anything. His attitude is fantastic. It is stupid to ask."
However, he did admit that a move for another experienced goalkeeper was "dependent on David De Gea".

Six-times La Liga winner Valdes joined the club as De Gea's back-up, after the former Barcelona number one recovered from major knee surgery.

Speaking at a news conference in Seattle after new signings Bastian Schweinsteiger, Morgan Schneiderlin and Matteo Darmian had faced questions from the media, Van Gaal responded to questions about Valdes' absence.

He said: "Last year, he refused to play in the second team and there are other aspects you need as a keeper at United.
"When you are not willing to follow those principles, there is only one way and that is out.
"It is a big disappointment. It is a pity because we have given him the opportunity to rehabilitate, gave him a contract and then he is fit to play."

Valdes made three appearances for the under-21 side last season, against Liverpool in January, Chelsea in February and Spurs in March.

His only start was in United's final game of last season at Hull, and Van Gaal added: "I played him at Hull because I wanted to help. I am always a very social human being."

Van Gaal was also asked whether record singing Angel Di Maria would be staying at Old Trafford after speculation the record £59.7m signing is unsettled in Manchester and will join French champions Paris St-Germain.
"No idea," said the Dutchman. "We shall see. In football it is a process for Angel Di Maria. Now he is still a member of Manchester United."

Where does all this leave United's goalkeeping situation?
Manchester United have made it clear throughout the summer that they would only let De Gea go if Real Madrid offered in excess of the £32.6m Juventus paid Parma for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001.

Real are unwilling to pay that much for a player they could sign for nothing when his contract expires in 2016. Indeed, so far, they have yet to make any bid for the former Atletico Madrid keeper.
It it also understood United would be willing to let De Gea go if long-serving Real defender Sergio Ramos went the other way. It was felt Ramos wanted to move, but Real rejected United's only offer so far of £28.6m.

United are prepared to offer De Gea around £175,000-a-week to stay - understood to be more than double his current wages.
On Monday, Ramos flew to Australia with Real, having apparently been named captain by new manager Rafael Benitez.

Do Real and United have other options?
This is where it gets interesting. Real have just sold long-serving captain Iker Casillas to FC Porto.
Of the three goalkeepers they have taken to Australia, Ruben Yanez, is a 21-year-old who has never played a senior game for the first team, Pacheco is two years older and has played one cup game, meaning Keylor Navas is Real's only senior goalkeeper, and he has just recovered from an Achilles injury that kept him out of Costa Rica's Gold Cup campaign.

United were better off, but not much now Van Gaal has publicly announced Valdes will leave the club.
In addition to De Gea, Van Gaal has taken Anders Lindegaard, whom he did not pick once last season and is in the final year of his contract, and Sam Johnstone, a loan target for Preston, where he spent the second half of last year, to the United States.
So, what happens now?

Spanish sports paper Marca complained recently that United were being "stubborn" in their negotiations, and that the deal to sign De Gea was "stuck in a rut".
So far, United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has proved himself to be a tough negotiator. His stance remains that to get De Gea, Real must sell Ramos.
As the days tick by, that scenario has looked less likely.

For his part, De Gea is not willing to hand in a transfer request and is content to see out the final year of his contract before completing the move that would take him back to his Madrid-based girlfriend, Eurovision singer Edurne Garcia.
When Valdes leaves - there has been interest from Turkey and also an unlikely link to Real Madrid as the 33-year-old Catalan grew up at Barcelona from the age of 10 - - Van Gaal needs a keeper, whether De Gea stays or not.

United had been heavily linked with Hugo Lloris, but the Tottenham keeper could miss the start of the season after fracturing his wrist. While another name mentioned on the goalkeeping merry-go-round, Asmir Begovic, has signed for Chelsea to replace Petr Cech - Arsenal's latest goalkeeper.

Meanwhile, the club are in discussions with free agent Sergio Romero after the 28-year-old Argentina international left Sampdoria last month.

And a deal for Ajax's Jasper Cillessen - who started every match for Van Gaal's Netherlands team at the 2014 World Cup - has also been suggested. But given the Valdes situation, is it possible Cillessen or Romero could be signed as a number two goalkeeper, rather than a number one?

And what has the manager previously said?
Van Gaal was repeatedly asked about De Gea's situation at the club as the season drew to an end, with the Spaniard collecting the club's player and young player of the season awards.
At one point, the Dutchman claimed it was "not easy to choose" between United and Madrid, saying: "David De Gea shall not leave us so easily because we are a great club."
A week later, Van Gaal insisted: "I believe still that David De Gea shall stay."
It all adds up to a rather confused situation, with a few twists in it yet before the transfer window closes on 1 September.

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd Transfer News: Benteke deal close, Valdes axed and replacement eyed, Di Maria exit

Manchester United are reportedly set to beat Liverpool to Aston Villa star Christian Benteke.

The Red Devils are trying to tie up a £32.5m deal for the 24-year-old Belgium striker, according to The Sun.

United have already spent over £80m this summer and are looking to secure several more mega-money signings before the start of the new season.

Victor Valdes has been told he will no longer be a United player next season.

Boss Louis van Gaal said: "He is not selected because he does not follow our philosophy.

"When that is the case, there is not a place for a player. It is about match rhythm.

"Last season he refused to play in the second team and there are other aspects you need as a keeper at United.

"When you are not willing to follow those principles, there is only one way and that is out."

United are looking to replace Valdes quickly and are in talks to sign Sergio Romero this summer, according to the Daily Mail.

Reports claim the 28-year-old is in discussions with United chiefs over a switch to Old Trafford after becoming a free-agent.

Romero, who has 62 caps for Argentina, recently left Sampdoria upon the expiry of his contract.

Van Gaal has done little to calm rumours of Angel Di Maria's Manchester United exit at his recent press conference.

"We shall see," he said when asked whether Di Maria would stay.

"In football, it is a process. It's a process for Di Maria and Man Utd. We shall see.

"But he is still a member of United and he said he will come out on July 25."

Louis van Gaal urges Angel Di Maria to snub Paris St-Germain and stay at Man United
LOUIS VAN GAAL has urged Angel Di Maria to stick with Manchester United next season after telling the unsettled winger he remains part of his plans.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...i-Maria-snub-Paris-St-Germain-stay-Man-United

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For sure, you entitled to your opinion. Beg to differ on Giggs, his mazy runs (in his heydays) were a delight to watch. Recall how in 1 game vs Gunners, he waltzed through defence (flat footed) to score.

On Kanchelski, yes he was a sprinter kind player. But russkie team is not exactly a power house either:eek:

Giggs so-called dribbling is like Michael Owen.......kick the ball left or right and outsprint the defender to the ball...........

Giggs when he was young can't cross well..........can't shoot from distance.............can't dribble, only outrun defenders to the ball...........

Man Utd was only truly good when Ronaldo and Tevez were there.........

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honestly di maria shld stay, with depay,he has less pressure to create n perhaps helps him to express better.

We need a defender, two in fact, so sign otamendi already. And chk out subotic, strange he is not linked.?