• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
LvG didn't betray Van Persie. He had a very poor season with injuries and performance.

I have to say Bastian Schweinsteiger is an interesting addition to the mix. He may be past his best.

You're right Basti is well past his prime but I think LVG is looking at the other qualities that he brings to Old Trafford-leadership and his ability to adapt his game just like Giggs. We still need Schneiderlin and that would be the last piece in the midfield puzzle.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Players expected to leave soon

1. Johny Evans
2. Raphael
3. Hernandez
4. De Gea
5. Valdez

Already gone

1.RVP
2.Cleverley
3. Nani

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right Basti is well past his prime but I think LVG is looking at the other qualities that he brings to Old Trafford-leadership and his ability to adapt his game just like Giggs. We still need Schneiderlin and that would be the last piece in the midfield puzzle.
Maybe past his prime, but definitely better than Carrick. With Basti and Blind holding the front back 3, it depends on Mata, Depay or Maria to do the damages on the wings. We do need a natural poacher though... Rooney is defintely not, he's best behind the striker, Hernandez can be one, but he dun have a chance to prove it...

We need a Central Defender too!!! Hummels!!!

1 striker

Mata/Depay____Rooney_________Maria

Hererra

_Basti_________Blind

Rojo/Shaw________Hummels*_________Darmian

De Gea​

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morgan Schneiderlin: Southampton midfielder has Man Utd medical

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin is having a medical ahead of a proposed move to Manchester United for a fee in excess of £25m.

The Saints have confirmed that an agreement is in place for the transfer. Schneiderlin now looks set to join Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger on United's pre-season tour of the United States.

United have already signed PSV forward Memphis Depay and Torino defender Matteo Darmian this summer.
Southampton confirmed they had rejected a bid from United for the 25-year-old France international last week.

But, providing there are no unforeseen issues, Schneiderlin will now join Louis van Gaal, Schweinsteiger and their new team-mates on their flight to Seattle for the start of their US tour on Monday afternoon.

Last summer, Schneiderlin was a target for Tottenham and he missed the start of pre-season after telling the club he was "not mentally or physically ready" to play after a bid was rejected. But he went on to make 30 appearances for the Saints last season as they finished in seventh place.

Schneiderlin join the Saints from Strasbourg in 2008 for £1.2m and has played for them in League One, th

_84233862_schneiderlin.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe past his prime, but definitely better than Carrick. With Basti and Blind holding the front back 3, it depends on Mata, Depay or Maria to do the damages on the wings. We do need a natural poacher though... Rooney is defintely not, he's best behind the striker, Hernandez can be one, but he dun have a chance to prove it...

We need a Central Defender too!!! Hummels!!!

1 striker

Mata/Depay____Rooney_________Maria

Hererra

_Basti_________Blind

Rojo/Shaw________Hummels*_________Darmian

De Gea​

I was in that camp who thought 16 million pounds would have gotten us a better DM when Michael Carrick came along. I was wrong and concede that he was one of the better buys at OT. A quiet achiever who is able to adapt and change and not the sort that seeks the limelight or fuss over positions. Gives a 100% for the most part and he has a good head with great positional sense.

DG is leaving without a doubt and I dun think United will stand in his way. Hummels has committed to Dortmund. Otamendi is the one we should get and a striker. I agree, Hernandez should be given a chance. He's just about to explode given the hours he spends on the bench. He's a fox in the box kind of striker with great reflexes and I hope United keeps him.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Nicholas Gaitan link has resurfaced again. If the Rafael/Gaitan swap actuates, I'm afraid Di Maria's days are numbered. The club is willing to sell.:mad:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Assessment or opinion on the new kraut entry :p

Bastian Schweinsteiger: Man Utd are taking a 'gamble'

BBC sport

World Cup winner Bastian Schweinsteiger is set to join Manchester United after a glittering trophy-filled career at Bayern Munich.
So what can United fans expect? Are they getting a World Cup winner in his prime? Will he help propel Louis van Gaal's side to their first Premier League title since 2013?

Bundesliga football writer Mark Lovell tells BBC Sport why he believes United's move for Schweinsteiger is a "risky" deal.
What was he like at Bayern Munich last season?

Schweinsteiger was injured after helping Germany win the World Cup last summer and did not make his first Bundesliga appearance until 22 November. Bayern were unbeaten until that point, both domestically and in Europe, so there was no need for manager Pep Guardiola to rush him back.

Schweinsteiger by numbers
111 caps and 23 goals for Germany
Won eight Bundesliga titles, seven German Cups, a Champions League title, and the 2014 World Cup
Has made 342 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern Munich, the second highest after Stefan Kiessling who made 345
Only made 20 Bundesliga appearances last season, the lowest since his debut season of 2002-03, when he played 14 games
When he was fit he failed to dislodge Xabi Alonso from the defensive midfield holding role and continued to fall down Guardiola's pecking order.

In the end, he started only 15 of Bayern's 34 league games.

Why are Bayern letting him go?
It might seem a bold move for Bayern to allow the captain of the world champions to leave but, certainly on last season's evidence, he will not be a huge loss. Indeed, most of Bayern's hierarchy will be happy to get some money for Schweinsteiger although chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has described his impending departure as "regrettable because Bastian meant a great deal to the club".

Former Liverpool midfielder Alonso did more than a capable job last season when Schweinsteiger was injured and when it came to a straight choice between the pair, Guardiola more often than not plumped for Alonso, who is three years older than his team-mate. Also, Bayern are allowing someone to leave who has not had a reasonable injury-free run since the 2010-11 season.

Is there a question mark over his fitness?
Schweinsteiger has suffered a series of knee and ankle problems recently. Will he be able to play week in, week out? One thing is for sure, he will certainly require a lot of care at Old Trafford.

While it is wrong to say Schweinsteiger is over the hill, I do not think it is unfair to suggest that he has seen better days.
If he is fit to play over 30 Premier League games, I would be amazed. That is why I think it is a risky deal.

Where will he fit into the Manchester United team?
There is no great surprise in Germany that Schweinsteiger is heading for Old Trafford. He has played under Louis van Gaal before and, along with Thomas Muller, has been linked with a move to Manchester United since last season.

Possible line ups?
line up 13 July.png
line up 2 13 July.png

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you buy a player, young or old, it's always a gamble. Look no further than Anderson and Macheda among others.

Looking at the spread, you need experience and youth-the 30's mid 20's and the early 20's. Once they get this balance right, then we're in for a treat. I'm particularly excited about the young players and Fosu Mensah I reckon will make his senior debut b4 he reaches 20. Callum Griffin looks promising.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United: Louis van Gaal admits striker problem

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport 10 July

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has admitted their lack of strikers is a problem, but hinted new signing Memphis Depay may play up front.

Wayne Rooney and James Wilson could be the only strikers on United's summer tour, with Robin van Persie's future unclear and Javier Hernandez injured.

"I have to see how we solve this problem," said Van Gaal. United have been linked with several strikers, but Van Gaal says he will not buy for the sake of it.

Harry Kane, Edinson Cavani and Thomas Muller are among the forwards who have been linked with a move to Old Trafford.
Van Gaal said on Friday that Torino defender Matteo Darmian will have a medical before his move to United.

Striker shortage
United chose not to make Radamel Falcao's stay permanent after the Colombian spent last season on loan at Old Trafford.
Turkish side Fenerbahce confirmed on Thursday they are in talks to sign Dutch striker Van Persie while Hernandez, who spent last season on loan at Real Madrid, has fractured his collarbone.

Dutch international Depay, who Van Gaal signed for £31m, is primarily a winger but can play a central role.
"It is also one of the reasons that we have bought Memphis because maybe you remember that he has played in the striker's position also in the Dutch team," said Van Gaal.

Goalkeeper David De Gea has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.
But Van Gaal says he expects the Spain international, who has one year remaining on his contract, to join United on their pre-season tour of the United States which they leave for on Monday.
He said: "I think he is a very professional player and he showed fantastic attitude until now."

'One of world's best youngsters'

Memphis Depay
Depay scored 22 goals for PSV last season
Depay, 21, signed a four-year contract at United, having played under Van Gaal for the Dutch national team that came third at the 2014 World Cup.

Last season Depay finished the season as Eredivisie's top scorer with 22 goals as PSV secured their first Dutch title since 2008.
Van Gaal added: "He is one of the greatest talents of his age. We have to wait and see which position he can give the greatest benefit to the team. He learns very quickly and is full of confidence."

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good vibes with Swine in? :p

Bastian Schweinsteiger joining Man Utd sends out a bold message
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...joining-Man-Utd-sends-out-a-bold-message.html

He may be nearly 31, but the German is a winner who will instantly strengthen Louis van Gaal's team

There will be those who dismiss Manchester United’s capture of German international Bastian Schweinsteiger as the signing of a Bayern Munich cast-off, who will leave his best years behind him in Bavaria.

It is a predictable accusation given Schweinsteiger is nearly 31, but it not a fair one. In signing one of the most decorated footballers of his generation, a World Cup winner who has been one of the biggest stars in ridiculously successful teams at both club and international level, Manchester United are bringing in a player they feel can help them win trophies rather than Champions League qualification.

He has not been signed for his potential. He is not a hot prospect, or one for the future, he is a player who has been collecting winner’s medals for 13 years. He is a player United have pursued because he promises to strengthen Louis van Gaal’s team instantly.

This is a transfer based solely on what the German adds to United now, rather than what he could bring in the future. There is no thought of resale value or expanding the brand’s global appeal, just a desire to harness the qualities that have led Schweinsteiger to eight Bundesliga titles, multiple cup final victories, a European Cup, a World Club Championship, as well as 111 caps for Germany and a World Cup winner’s medal.

Perhaps Schweinsteiger does not have the same glamour that Angel Di Maria brought last summer, but he is the definition of functional excellence. He is not a flair player, but he can be deployed in a variety of different rules without his standards dropping. He does not just play well when he is in the mood, he is a seven out of ten player, even when he is having a bad day.

He is also a midfielder who has made a habit of scoring vital goals at vital times in the biggest games. Schweinsteiger has not had a couple of season at the highest level, he has spent his entire career there.
There are conflicting reports as to whether it is Schweinsteiger who has pushed to leave Bayern, turning down a new contract in order to take on a new challenge at United, or whether his departure is merely a pragmatic response to being told he is no longer guaranteed a starting role.

Regardless, Schweinsteiger could have signed for most of Europe’s top clubs this summer and has chosen United. It is confirmation of United’s enduring attraction, as well as the benefits of a new Premier League television deal that means they can also offer a significant increase in his wages.

To argue that a 30-year old midfielder is past his prime is tempting, but also ignorant. The advances in sport science mean world class players can remain so well beyond their old best before dates.
The advances in strength and conditioning, as well as the attention to detail in post-match recovery allowed Ryan Giggs to play in United’s first team when he was 40.

That may have been freakish durability, but Andreas Iniesta has just won the Champions League with Barcelona at the age of 31, alongside a 35-year-old Xavi, beating a Juventus team built around the 36-year-old Andrea Pirlo.
Schweinsteiger will be 33 when the three-year contract he has been offered at Old Trafford comes to an end. Whatever drop there might be in his physical attributes will be minimal and should be more than compensated for in experience; game management, calmness under pressure and a proven big game mentality.

United’s domestic rival will be intimidated by Schweinsteiger because of all that he has achieved, while his new teammates will be buoyed by the presence of someone who has made winning trophies look routine.
If United represent a new challenge in a different league, it will be a familiar one given the pressure and expectation levels at Bayern.

Schweinsteiger is a bold signing because it sends out a message, as does the pursuit of Real Madrid centre-back Sergio Ramos. United are not at the start of a rebuilding project, they are adding luxurious finishing touches to a team that intends to win at least one of the four trophies on offer to them next term.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd transfer news: Memphis Depay slapped down by Louis van Gaal
Manchester United manager warns confident new signing to expect to struggle in first season and confirms pursuit of Matteo Darmian

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...aken-down-a-peg-or-two-by-Louis-van-Gaal.html

Louis van Gaal has warned his confident new signing Memphis Depay to expect a massive culture shock when he makes his Premier League debut for Manchester United this season.

Depay was unveiled at Old Trafford as he completes the first week of pre-season with the club he joined for £25 million from PSV Eindhoven at the end of last term. Depay, 21, sounded full of confidence that he can continue to make the same dramatic impact he has made so far for club and country, where he played for Van Gaal at the 2014 World Cup.

But after the troubles experienced last season by new United signings Angel di Maria, Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind - all of whom struggled to adapt to the English game - Van Gaal has warned his latest signing that his new surroundings may prove tougher than he expects.

“I think he is one of the few high-talented boys of his age in the world,” said Van Gaal. “And you can hear he is full of confidence but he will notice it is not so easy in the Premier League.
“It is a big difference with the Dutch league. There is always pressure on the ball, it is physical, the resistance is high. So it’s not easy. I have said to him but he is full of confidence so he will say what he is thinking and feeling

“But I know it is not so easy and also players like Rojo, Di Maria and Blind have had problems. So we have to give him time also.”

Van Gaal would not be drawn on the status of Robin van Persie, who is reportedly on the verge of a £4.7 million move to Fenerbahce in Turkey but the United manager did reveal that he has the option of playing left winger Depay in a central striker role, where he has performed for the Dutch national team, as a replacement for his countryman.

Depay, who has already drawn comparisons with former United legend Cristiano Ronaldo and has said he wants to become the world's best player at United, is clearly relishing the challenge despite the warnings of his new club manager.

“I am very excited. I have to improve myself in the Premier League and I am very happy to be here,” he said. “My aim is to win trophies with the team. It is the biggest club in the world.
“We have a lot of quality so I have to fight my way but I think the team has the quality to win the title and all the trophies there are to win.
“I think I can score goals. I believe I will work on it and I am excited to do my job for Manchester United and to score goals. I am a striker so I want to score goals and get assists.

"They other players said it is a hard competition, very hard and the game moves fast, everybody is fast and strong so it will be different. I think my team-mates will help me settle me in but I also have to do it myself.”
One other new signing is right-back Matteo Darmian who Van Gaal confirmed is on his way to United for a medical that will clinch his £14.4 million move from Torino this weekend.

Van Gaal also insisted he has no doubt that United goalkeeper David de Gea, linked strongly with a summer move to Real Madrid, will behave professionally if he is still with the club by the time they leave for their pre-season tour of the United States on Monday.

“I think he is a very professional player and he showed fantastic attitude until now and I think that for all my players,” said Van Gaal. “Not only De Gea but others who have to behave themselves very professionally.
“It is also good that Memphis does that. That is the difficulty now for every manager. This period when players have to go or not have to go is the most difficult time. I cannot complain about the professional attitude of my players.”

depay1_3371368b.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ramos2_3356409k.jpg

Sergio Ramos
United are definitely interested in the Real Madrid defender, having now tabled two bids for his services, and while the possibility remains that Ramos' preferred option is to remain at the Bernabeu, nobody would dispute that he would be a top-class signing.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was at this MU shop in Bangkok last weekend. Slow day, with 20% storewide discount. Staff helped me out with staff discount 30%.

When was our last MU shop here, shuttered down in Orchard hotel with former Red Devils Bar :(

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Striker hit? Heard this previously, now replay with all the summer jostling :biggrin:

Edinson Cavani is Manchester United's 'prime target' to replace Robin van Persie, talkSPORT told

Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani is the 'prime target' to replace Robin van Persie at Manchester United, according to the Guardian's Jamie Jackson.

The Uruguayan has been linked with the Red Devils this summer, with Van Persie nearing a move to Turkish giants Fenerbahce.

Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke is also on Louis van Gaal's list but, according to Jackson, Liverpool are still in the boxseat to land the big Belgian.

And it is PSG star Cavani who is interesting the Dutchman.

"Edinson Cavani is Manchester United’s prime target to replace Robin van Persie," he told Hawksbee and Jacobs.

"Liverpool are more keen on Christian Benteke than United. Benteke is on United's list, and there is interest there, but he’s not top of the list at the moment.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/edins...van-persie-talksport-told#jCsmRW06BOeCPTio.99

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's go to #USA! Big welcome to our new teammates! #MUtour @ManUtd

Manchester United's new signings Morgan Schneiderlin and Bastian Schweinsteiger looked to be quickly settling into their new surroundings as their team-mate Juan Mata snapped a selfie with them on a plane en route to their tour of the United States. (Juan Mata on Twitter)

off to US.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd transfer news: Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin arrive but Angel di Maria nears exit
The Argentine and his wife Jorgelina Cardoso have become increasingly unhappy in Manchester and are keen to return to Spain

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lin-arrive-but-Angel-di-Maria-nears-exit.html

Louis van Gaal is ready to take his spending as Manchester United manager through the £300m barrier this summer after completing the signings of ‘ultimate professional’ Bastian Schweinsteiger and Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.

Van Gaal, who spent £154m on new players following his arrival as manager last summer, has now spent £76.7m since the end of last season with Bayern Munich midfielder Schweinsteiger (£15m) and Schneiderlin (£24m) joining Italian defender Matteo Darmian (£12.7m) and Dutch winger Memphis Depay (£25m) at Old Trafford.

Further moves are anticipated for a centre-half and striker, with Van Gaal placing Bayern forward Robert Lewandowski at the top of his wanted list, despite an acceptance that the Germans would be unlikely to sell a second leading playing to United this summer.

PSG forward Edinson Cavani remains an alternative option, and could be traded in exchange for Angel Di Maria, while Ramos is the number one option at centre-half, ahead of Valencia’s Nicolas Otamendi.

With United due to arrive in Seattle on Tuesday morning on the first-leg of their pre-season tour of the United States, uncertainty still surrounds the future of goalkeeper David de Gea, who has travelled to the States, and £59.7m British record signing Di Maria.
Di Maria will not participate in the four-game trip to the US due to his exertions with Argentina at the Copa America, but it is understood that the 27-year-old and his wife, Jorgelina Cardoso, have become increasingly unhappy in Manchester and are keen to return to Spain, just a year after his arrival from Real Madrid.

Paris Saint Germain have confirmed their interest in Di Maria, who was a long-term target of the French champions last summer, but the player has identified a return to Real as his favoured option.

With Real so far showing little interest in taking Di Maria back, however, the player is likely to be left with a choice of staying at United or accepting the challenge offered by PSG.

De Gea’s Old Trafford future is shrouded in similar doubt, despite his inclusion on Van Gaal’s tour squad.
Real’s decision to hand Sergio Ramos the club captaincy has dented United’s hopes of signing the defender, but the Spaniards remain determined to sign De Gea.

United’s success in completing the signings of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin prior to their departure for the Pacific Northwest has strengthened Van Gaal’s hopes of mounting a serious challenge for the Premier League title this season.

The arrival of Schweinsteiger, who turns 31 next month, is an unusual capture for United, who prefer their signings to be of a younger age with a resale value, but after handing the World Cup winner a three-year contract, Van Gaal insists he has made a crucial signing.

“Bastian is, of course, no stranger to me,” Van Gaal said. “I worked with him during my time at Bayern Munich and I am truly delighted he is joining Manchester United.
“His record speaks for itself; he has won every honour at club level and was a major part of the successful Germany World Cup winning team last summer.

“Bastian is the ultimate professional and there is no doubting his talent and his ability to control games. He brings a wealth of experience and is an excellent addition to our squad.”

Schweinsteiger, who ended a seventeen-year association with Bayern to sign for United, added: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bayern Munich, it has been an incredible journey and I didn’t take the decision to leave lightly.

Transfer window closes in
48 : 20 : 45 : 23
Days Hrs Mins Secs

“Manchester United is the only club that I would have left Munich for.
“I feel ready for this new and exciting challenge in what I regard as the most competitive league in the world and I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal again.”

United, meanwhile, overcame competition from Arsenal and Tottenham to sign Schneiderlin, who will solve a long-standing problem at Old Trafford in defensive midfield after signing a four-year contract with the option of a further year.
“I am delighted to be a Manchester United player,” Schneiderlin said. “Once I learned that United were interested in signing me, it was a very easy decision to make.

“I have enjoyed seven very happy years with Southampton and it’s a club that will always be in my heart, but the chance to be part of this squad to help this great club be successful was too good to miss.
“I’m excited to be starting that journey on our trip to the USA. I know what Manchester United means to fans all over the world and I’m looking forward to experiencing that.”

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin pose in Manchester United gear
UTDNEWBOYS_3373755b.jpg

United are expected to sell Rafael da Silva to Galatasaray after Van Gaal omitted the Brazilian defender from the touring squad.
The 25-year-old has been told he has no future at Old Trafford by Van Gaal and is understood to be close to following Nani and Robin van Persie to Istanbul following his team-mates’ departures for Fenerbahce.

Victor Valdes, the former Barcelona goalkeeper, has also missed the trip to the States, raising doubt over his prospects at Old Trafford, regardless of whether De Gea stays or is sold to Real. Valencia and Turkish club Antalyaspor are both interested in Valdes, who has made just one start for United since signing an 18-month contract in January.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be a real pity if Di Maria leaves. He's probably one of the most technically gifted players. United was keen on the player during Fergie's reign but he chose REAL ahead of us. When he left REAL, PSG was his first choice if not for FFP rules.

Di Maria cannot play successive games within a short period of time as evident in the W-Cup and most recently the Copa America. I really can't see how United can get the best of him unless they manage his playing time. Pity if he leaves.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...real pity if Di Maria leaves. He's probably one of the most technically gifted players.
Di Maria cannot play successive games within a short period of time as evident in the W-Cup and most recently the Copa America.
Don't disagree, his skill set was evident (at least at start). More speculation here :p

Man Utd transfer news: £60m Muller to replace Van Persie?

10 July. http://www.theweek.co.uk/man-utd-transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-16

Manchester United are ready to launch a £60m bid for Bayern Munich's World Cup-winning striker Thomas Muller.

The Daily Star reports the dramatic news as manager Louis van Gaal urgently seeks to bolster his attack.

United are short of firepower after offloading Radamel Falcao and with Robin van Persie's impending £4.7m move to Turkish side Fenerbahce set to be finalised this weekend.

Bayern Munich, say The Daily Star, are reluctant to sell the Germany international but that will not deter United from pressing ahead.

Muller, 25, who has spent his whole career at Bayern, is a World Cup and Champions League winner and would represent a major coup if United could push the signing through.

The Old Trafford club are not putting all their eggs in one basket however, and with the new season approaching and the Daily Mail claims West Ham striker Diafra Sakho is also on the radar. The Senegal international, 25, scored 12 times for West Ham last season.

Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror say United will demand £10m if West Bromwich Albion want to sign central defender Jonny Evans. The 27-year Northern Ireland international has a year left on his contract but Baggies boss Tony Pulis will not want to pay that much for him.