• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today's rumour mill on MU grapevine

attachment.php

Ratings over time

attachment.php

Attachments

• gossip 25.5.jpg
    gossip 25.5.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 453
  • ratings.jpg
    ratings.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 448

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The win/loss chart by percentage is misleading. You have to look at absolute numbers. Even so there is no basis for comparison as we're lookint different time frame and other factors do play a part too.

Mou has got the four positions spot on if indeed he conveyed that to Ed.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jose Mourinho: Image rights negotiations hold up Manchester United deal

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport
_89798824_mourinhoscarf_rex.jpg

Negotiations over Jose Mourinho's image rights are delaying him becoming the new Manchester United manager.
Mourinho is expected to replace sacked Louis van Gaal, with talks ongoingbetween his agent Jorge Mendes and United officials.
But it has emerged that Chelsea still own the 'Jose Mourinho' name as a trademark - meaning United may need to pay a six-figure sum for the rights.
However, the issue will not scupper any deal, which is expected this week.
Discussions will now enter a third day, despite the deal to bring the 53-year-old former Chelsea boss to Old Trafford being largely complete. On Wednesday, Mourinho told waiting reporters at his home in London that he was going to Portugal.

What is the hold-up?
Chelsea registered both the name Jose Mourinho and his signature as a European trademark in 2005, meaning they can use it to sell merchandise such as toiletries, technology, clothing and jewellery.
Sports lawyer Carol Couse told BBC Sport it was "really unusual" for an individual not to own the trademark to their own name.
"Chelsea could be earning revenue every time someone uses Mourinho's name. It could prevent United from exploiting his signature," said Couse, of law firm Mills & Reeve.
"One of the things United will be looking to acquire is not only Mourinho's image but also his name.
"If United had a brand of Mourinho clothing it would be in breach of the trademark Chelsea currently own."

What are the possible solutions?
Mourinho cannot override the trademark, so the options are:

• United do not use Mourinho's name against the exhaustive list of items that Chelsea have registered - from umbrellas to watch straps, lingerie and talcum powders.
  • United pay Chelsea for a licence so they can use Mourinho's name on club merchandise
  • United ask Mourinho to buy the trademark back
  • United challenge trademark if they can prove it has not been used by Chelsea
"That would be pretty costly," said Couse, who estimated the fee for a licence as "hundreds of thousands of pounds".
"Look at the value of the deals that have been done for Mourinho to date. What would be the value of a Jose Mourinho watch?
"He has managed Inter and Real since then. They have either acquired the rights from Chelsea or managed the use of his name.
"If Chelsea didn't grant a licence, every time United used Jose Mourinho's name in a commercial capacity against those products, Chelsea could sue Manchester United. I would suspect United would rather just pay a licence fee."

Any other issues?
There is also potential conflict between Mourinho's personal deals - such as his one with car manufacturer Jaguar - and United's shirt sponsor agreement with Chevrolet.
"I don't think that in itself would hold up any negotiation," Couse explained. "A lot of world-class players go to Manchester United with their own personal deals. Mourinho's deals will be in a personal capacity."
Couse said United cannot force Mourinho to drive a Chevrolet car, for example, or wear Chevrolet clothes outside of club capacity, but they could pay him an incentive to buy out the Jaguar deal early.

Chelsea declined to comment when contacted by BBC Sport.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36382637

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;e2b20E7YWTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2b20E7YWTc[/video]

This guy looks comfortable on the ball. Physical and combative type that will suit Mourinho and Man U.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mou should buy back his image rights from his former employer. It makes little sense for Utd to get involved. Either that or just change Mou's name to the special one, Avoid names like Bagero, Sure to Lose and above all Bosco:eek:. What kind of farking name is that??!!!!

Last edited:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mou should buy back his image rights from his former employer. It makes little sense for Utd to get involved. Either that or just change Mou's name to the special one, Avoid names like Bagero, Sure to Lose and above all Bosco:eek:. What kind of farking name is that??!!!!

Utd have already said it's not a showstopper to him becoming manager so why should Mourinho really care? But you're right, he should buy back his image rights.
Why the heck did he sell them to Chelsea in the first place???

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Utd have already said it's not a showstopper to him becoming manager so why should Mourinho really care? But you're right, he should buy back his image rights.
Why the heck did he sell them to Chelsea in the first place???

Man U is a money making machine. With image rights, they'll exploit to the fullest, make money and claw back a good chunk of what they've paid him. Mou has alot going for him-good looks,highly successful, media appeal and I suppose being controversial helps in that sense. It wouldn't surprise me if jerseys with his Mou's name on it outsells some of the players in the first eleven. It isn't just about merchandizing or events.It will have ripple or knock on effects at multiple levels,players, sponsors and club support.

From hereon, for each game United wins, it will heighten expectations of supporters as well as sponsors. If they win EPL, it's boom time and I am very certain they will surpassed REAL as the richest football club on earth by 2017/2018 season. As for Mou he'll get a cut of any promotional events. How much depends on the agent representing him.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bayern Munich rode on the popularity of German cars by playing preseason in China. With the face of arguably the best manager in the world, they were laughing all the way to the bank.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man U is a money making machine. With image rights, they'll exploit to the fullest, make money and claw back a good chunk of what they've paid him. Mou has alot going for him-good looks,highly successful, media appeal and I suppose being controversial helps in that sense. It wouldn't surprise me if jerseys with his Mou's name on it outsells some of the players in the first eleven. It isn't just about merchandizing or events.It will have ripple or knock on effects at multiple levels,players, sponsors and club support.

From hereon, for each game United wins, it will heighten expectations of supporters as well as sponsors. If they win EPL, it's boom time and I am very certain they will surpassed REAL as the richest football club on earth by 2017/2018 season. As for Mou he'll get a cut of any promotional events. How much depends on the agent representing him.

It isn't fair to say that LVG has no appeal. If you put his face on the dartboard, it will sell like hot cakes..

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neil Ashton: Manchester United pretended that Louis van Gaal’s sacking was done properly, but we can all see through it
The Dutchman was put through hell for six months as United spoke to Jose Mourinho

SPOT the difference.

Manchester United left the impression they played it by the book when they fired Louis van Gaal.

Some nice words from executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward when they kicked him out the door and some more from LVG after negotiating his pay-off.

Never mind that, United made the poor fella’s life hell for six months by talking to the Special One behind his back.........................

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7178287/Neil-Ashton-Manchester-United-pretended-that-Louis-van-Gaals-sacking-was-done-properly-but-we-can-all-see-through-it.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neil Ashton is some football romantic with a short memory. He forgot the fact that LVG explicitly said that he did not want to extend his contract. If anyone should feel aggrieved,it's RYAN GIGGS.I think most Man U supporters would agree that that the timing of LVG's dismissal was overdone and downright distasteful, so soon after the FA Cup conquest. Excuse me Neil, they're Americans!

As far as Mou's appointment is concerned, my guess is he was probably sounded early to take over LVG after his term ends. You can easily make a case for Mou as well while he was at Chelsea. They approached Ancellotti while while the 'not so special one' at that time struggled to keep to play the way he wants to. Old fart came out to support Mou in his hour of need weeks b4 his dismissal. How did Fergie know that Chelsea contemplated firing their best manager in years. Yup, you guessed it-Ancellotti, Fergie's good friend. In fact, Ancellotti came out to say he would not want to take on any club midway and the rest as you know is history.

As far as LVG is concerned, it was self inflicted. The brash and arrogance of the man was there for all to see when he brushed off his countryman Guus Hiddink about the latter's comments on fans expectation. Numbers dun lie and the axe was destined to fall. Somewhere between the rumour and the truth, the senior players requested a meeting with the top management. I dun claim to know what transpired in that meeting but suffice to say all wasn't well. If you were the CEO of a large business entity, what would you have done? Sit on your palm??

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a recent article on Basti and his 'special relationship' with LVG. I can see why it was special cuz he allowed Basti to return to Germany to recuperate but he was caught attending his girlfriend's tennis matches across Europe. Hmmm...makes you want to put on the boots and play for United.

There's this 'thing' about the Dutch and Germans. They are close neighbours and have mutual respect for each other but less so for the other Europeans. That was the impression I got in my last meeting several years ago.