• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2015-2016

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if we win the FA cup which we r expected to, does not mask the fact we fucked the season up. Looking forward to the alleged announcement that Mourinho will take over.

Mou has to change. He needs United more than we need him. The board has seen the benefits of youth development and I suspect they will wait till the eleventh hour b4 deciding. My money is still on Mou taking over the hot seat.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renato Sanchez has a high work rate and he'll definitely be an asset to United. Methinks Fosu and Sanchez will key players in the seasons to come. They've finally solved the DM issue.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Giggs concern has Man Utd seeking Blanc talks

PSG coach Laurent Blanc is a shock late contender for Louis van Gaal's Manchester United job.
The Sun says there has been a recent wave of support within the Old Trafford boardroom for the Paris Saint-Germain boss and former United centre back.

United directors fear Jose Mourinho would bring all his own men in and jettison Ryan Giggs.

Blanc, however, would work with United’s most decorated player.

The long term plan is still for Giggs to be the boss in the future and the club does not want to lose him now.

It is not certain that Mourinho has lost out and he has a verbal agreement to take charge of the club in the summer.

There is even a three-year £60million contract drawn up ready.

But the news that there has been more wobbling inside Old Trafford will worry him.

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...king-blanc-talks-4127056#sthash.5ib0sfIS.dpuf

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2429872.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United renew interest in Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos

The hunt could raise more questions about Louis Van Gaal's future at Old Trafford after the Dutchman pulled the plug on the move two years ago

Vieirinha.jpg

Manchester United are back in the hunt for Real Madrid star Toni Kroos.

And that could raise more question marks about Louis van Gaal's future at Old Trafford.
United tried to sign Germany midfielder Kroos from Bayern Munich two years and former Red Devils boss David Moyes believed it was a done deal.
But Van Gaal pulled the plug when he took over in the summer of 2014 and Kroos ended up going to Real Madrid.
However, Mirror Sport understands that United are interested again which begs the question as to where that leaves Van Gaal and whether he would be in charge next season.

Jose Mourinho has been widely tipped to take over this summer if Van Gaal does leave with the veteran Dutch coach under pressure to finish in the top four and win the FA Cup.
Former Chelsea boss Mourinho wants the United job but Van Gaal has one year left on his current contract and has made it clear he wants to stay.

However, United looking at summer targets who might not fit into Van Gaal's plans may raise alarm bells.
Kroos, 26, started against Manchester City in the Champions League but has been linked with moves away from Real Madrid and he has said in the past he would like to play in English football.
United are also in the hunt for a new striker with Everton's Romelu Lukaku and Borussia Dortmund superstar Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on their hit-list
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-renew-interest-real-7846919

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest from rumour mill :p

Manchester United have told Jose Mourinho the Old Trafford job is his next season after advanced talks
Portuguese coach’s camp were worried about rumours of approach for Laurent Blanc

lvg_and_mourinho_2829704a.jpg

JOSE MOURINHO has been assured in the last 48 hours that he will be Manchester United’s new boss.
His camp were worried about United boardroom support for Laurent Blanc as revealed by SunSport.
But Mourinho was told he is still the man the major decision makers at Old Trafford want.

Negotiations have been at an advanced stage this week and are almost over the line.
SunSport revealed back in December that United had made contact with Mourinho’s camp within days of him being sacked by Chelsea.
He was told then he was the man they wanted and not to take another job.
Since then United have drawn up a contract worth £60million over three years which will make Mourinho the highest paid manager in history.

United have looked at Maurico Pochettino at Spurs and Paris Saint-Germain boss Blanc, while some inside the club wanted Ryan Giggs promoted.
But Mourinho has always been the name that has come out on top with the men who will make the final decision.
That has been made clear to Mourinho this week to clear up any doubts he might have.

United are aware that he will not be short of offers and this would be their last chance to land him.
Mourinho did believe he would get the job when Sir Alex Ferguson left and was stunned when David Moyes was appointed.
He returned to Stamford Bridge where he won the title with Chelsea while in the meantime United went from Champions to seventh place.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...xt-season-after-advanced-talks-Exclusive.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tabloids trying to show they run the PL teams. The race to the top 4 is still on going. There's plenty of BS and hot air. Besides it's very unlike United to even suggest that Mou has the job in the bag. That's jumping the gun.

Change is ongoing at the club and by the looks of it, we could be moving to a common and more sustainable model like all the big clubs. We could very well see a technical director b4 the next season. This will certainly improve efficiency in the transfer market. Finally, the power centric managerial position would be put to rest for good but let's hope the manager and technical director gets along.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Preview tomorrow. Will Foxes celebrations be delayed to following week?:p

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36122771

TEAM NEWS
Manchester United could be unchanged from their FA Cup semi-final win for the visit of champions-elect Leicester.

Luke Shaw, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Will Keane remain sidelined.
Leicester City must attempt to win the title on Sunday without striker Jamie Vardy, who serves an additional one-match ban for his angry reaction to being sent off against West Ham. His replacement against Swansea last week, Leonardo Ulloa, will start after overcoming a slight back problem.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
Guy Mowbray: "I bet you've heard the same as me this week a few times: 'I think United will beat Leicester'.
"Yes, they're being doubted to the end.
"What can (surely?!) no longer be in doubt is that Leicester WILL be Premier League champions, and could emulate Arsenal in 2002 by confirming it at the ground that's held more title parties than any other.
"It will have to be properly earned at Old Trafford though, with United motivated by their chase for a top-four finish and possibly a US-style 'not in our house' approach.
"May Day is symbolically the start of fresh, new beginnings. How very appropriate for what Leicester have given to football this season.
"'St. Claudio's Day' anyone?"
Twitter: @Guymowbray

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal: "I think we have to beat them because we are still in the race for fourth position. We cannot allow that they are the champions this weekend at Old Trafford.
"I think they shall be the champions a week later. We don't spoil the party, only postpone it a little bit."
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri: "It's unbelievable, it's history and we know this. It is important to finish the story like an American movie. Always in the final it is okay, a happy ending.
"It's a good opportunity but for this reason we have to be focused. Let me be calm, wait, we have time.
"I told them, 'everything is in our hands and we must continue'. Other people can enjoy it but I am very concentrated."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

This is not a must-win game for Leicester but it is for Manchester United, who need a victory to stay in touch with the top four.
I think it will be a draw, which would be a decent result for Leicester, although it would prolong the title race to Monday night when Tottenham play Chelsea.
Prediction: 1-1

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• Three of Leicester City's six victories away to Manchester United came before the Second World War. Their most recent triumph was in January 1998 when Tony Cottee scored the game's only goal.
  • United have won the last six league and cup meetings at Old Trafford, conceding just once.
Manchester United

• United have won six successive league matches at Old Trafford, keeping clean sheets in five of them.
  • Their record of 11 home wins this season is bettered only by Manchester City (12), who have played a game more.
  • Louis van Gaal's side have only conceded seven goals in 17 home matches in the Premier League.
  • The Red Devils are still five points shy of their lowest final tally in a Premier League campaign: 64, in 2013-14.
  • Wayne Rooney has scored 99 Premier League goals at Old Trafford. He is yet to score against Leicester in the competition since joining Manchester United.
Leicester City

• Leicester are unbeaten in nine Premier League matches, winning seven of them.
  • Their tally of 22 league wins this season is a top-flight club record, and as many as they managed in their previous three Premier League campaigns combined.
  • They have the best away record in the division, amassing 11 wins and 37 points from their 17 fixtures.
  • Claudio Ranieri's side have kept 12 clean sheets in 17 league matches since Boxing Day, including six of the last seven games.
  • The Foxes were relegated three times in their nine previous seasons in the Premier League, and never finished higher than eighth.
  • Leicester are guaranteed to at least equal their highest-ever finish in the top division. They were runners-up in 1929, missing out on the title by a point.
  • Ranieri has won two of his nine Premier League matches as a manager against Manchester United (W2, D5, L2). Both victories were as Chelsea manager.

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1Probability of draw: 30%
Probability of home win: 34%Probability of away win: 35%

yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Truth, lies or bravado?
_89524293_sunday_star1_twitter.jpg

Jose Mourinho to land Manchester United windfall even if they snub him this summer
The Portuguese has been lined up to take over from Louis van Gaal as manager - and the deal includes a “substantial” compensation clause

Jose Mourinho to land Manchester United windfall even if they snub him this summer
Jose Mourinho will pick up a bumper payday from Manchester United – even if he never works for them.The Portuguese has been lined up to take over from Louis van Gaal as manager at Old Trafford in the summer.

And the deal includes a “substantial” compensation clause should United decide to stick with Van Gaal.

A United spokesperson said: “The managerial situation is something we have not commented on and do not wish to do so now.”

Van Gaal was written off midway through the second season of his tenure, but his youthful recruits have reinvigorated United and his prospects.

They have booked their FA Cup Final place and believe four wins from their last four Premier League fixtures – starting against Leicester on Sunday – should deliver a top-four finish.

The Dutchman could yet save his job by winning the FA Cup and sealing a Champions League place for next season.

The compensation agreement will be derided by many, but it has served to ward off interest in Mourinho from other clubs including French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-mourinho-land-manchester-united-7870484

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leicester City win Premier League title after Tottenham draw at Chelsea

Well done Leicester City!!!!!!Cheers!!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good manager is a risk taker. Just take Pep and Pellegrini. Both rested their key players over the weekend with an eye on the midweek CL semi but not so with Luis Enrique. Barca had Messi, Neymar and Suarez on W-Cup duty prior to the Classico game with Madrid, just a few days b4 the quarterfinal game against Atletico in the CL. This guy is riding on the quality of his players rather than his tactical acumen, ie. if he has any.

To make matters worse, he deployed Sergio Roberto as a right back (not for the first time) against Valencia. That led to the third goal.Sergio plays best in a central midfield role. Personally, I think Enriques is crap or he's trying too hard to be the nice guy in the dressing room.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the going gets tough, and if you aren't cut out ...ship out. Instead of staying put on the stands, with crap pad.
Kns, where's the cajoling, passion, leadership and even bollacking seen of other managers :rolleyes:

Louis van Gaal says Man Utd expectations are too high

_89546420_lvgpa.jpg

Louis van Gaal broke Manchester United's transfer record to sign Angel di Maria for £59.7m in 2014

Boss Louis van Gaal says expectations at Manchester United are too great.

United have spent more than £320m on players since former manager Sir Alex Ferguson retired three years ago.

They will hope to win their first major trophy since Ferguson's departure when they face Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final on 21 May, but Champions League qualification is out of their hands.

"We have to meet the expectations of the biggest club in the world," said Van Gaal. "Expectations are too high."

Dutchman Van Gaal replaced David Moyes as manager in 2014, and United finished fourth in the Premier League in his first season.
But the Red Devils are four points adrift of fourth-placed Manchester City this campaign, albeit with a game in hand.

Van Gaal said: "We are in a period of transition. It is not so easy."

The 64-year-old was speaking before he presented David de Gea with United's player of the year award, which the Spain goalkeeper won for the third successive year.
Van Gaal said his authority in the dressing room had been undermined by theintense media scrutiny over his position.

But the former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss remains confident in his ability.
He said: "When the media is writing for six months I am sacked already... I can cope with that. It is not new for me. For my players, it is not so easy.
"They are reading every day. What do you think about my authority? What do you think about the way they want to follow my advice, when their coach is showed like a nobody because I cannot do anything? But I am not like that. I am very arrogant. I am one of the best managers of the world."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36188860

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the first 15 or so minutes a they played like Man U of the past, putting Leicester to the sword. After the equaliser, they turned flat, not helped by lack of pace upfront. They really really need pace n urgency.

At least we never lost to Leicester this season. 1-1 both legs.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the first 15 or so minutes a they played like Man U of the past, putting Leicester to the sword. After the equaliser, they turned flat, not helped by lack of pace upfront. They really really need pace n urgency.

Utd had difficulty with the set pieces at the back. Fortunately for us, we conceded only one. Rojo was defending poorly. Blind was no where to be seen for the high crosses and I dun really know Smalling's nor Fellaini's marking duties. Sigh.....

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...first 15 or so minutes a they played like Man U of the past, putting Leicester to the sword. After the equaliser, they turned flat, not helped by lack of pace upfront.
Yo, we lost our attacking DNA (of past). Some consolation to 1st third, until blxxdy Rojo messed up with equaliser.
And what was the Fellatio bloke standing tall on free kick wall, when he's supposed to guard the rear?
Besides, my opinion that Carrick's shd not be renewed stays, what with his non-inspirational play yet again:(

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the going gets tough, and if you aren't cut out ...ship out. Instead of staying put on the stands, with crap pad.
Kns, where's the cajoling, passion, leadership and even bollacking seen of other managers :rolleyes:
I wish someone would go up to him, grab the pad and smash it. Should United fans expect anything less with the money spent? In his first season,he said we were very close to Chelsea, the PL champs that season. Now, what he's said is that we're not far away from Spurs, the runner up. Fark me!!! Are we sliding backwards!!!!!:mad:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jose Mourinho asked by Manchester United bosses to wait a year before taking Old Trafford hotseat
But Special One is desperate to take over Red Devils at the end of the month

01_04220122_a22101_2842452a.jpg

JOSE MOURINHO was asked by Manchester United bosses to wait a year for the Old Trafford hotseat.

But the Special One wants to be back in football this summer — six months after the sack at Chelsea.

And the Portuguese now believes he is closer than at any stage to being confirmed as the next United boss — probably by the end of the month after Louis van Gaal has led his side into the FA Cup Final with Crystal Palace.

United chief Ed Woodward hoped Mourinho might accept the proposal and opt for a lucrative 12-month spell in the Chinese Super League ahead of a move to Manchester.

The approach to Mourinho’s agent Jorge Mendes came straight from the Old Trafford high command led by Woodward in the past fortnight.

The plan suggested Woodward is still reluctant to sanction cutting short Van Gaal’s three-year contract 12 months early because it would be further evidence of his error in appointing the Dutchman in the first place.

Mourinho has not hidden his desire to get back in the managerial saddle this summer after his bruising final months at Stamford Bridge.
The former Porto, Inter Milan and Real Madrid chief feels the challenge of restoring United to their previous position at the top of the tree is the ideal one for him to take on at this stage of his career.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7127885/Jose-Mourinho-asked-by-Manchester-United-bosses-to-wait-a-year-before-taking-Old-Trafford-hotseat.html
attachment.php

Attachments

• JM 5.5.jpeg
    JM 5.5.jpeg
    166.8 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have not seen the end of this ongoing rumour. We'll know by June if LVG stays or leave. If he was asked to see out his contract, it is probably related to the restructuring of the club, especially the youth system. Second, LVG has admirers among the board members and his credentials is second to none. Besides Ferguson is sympathetic to the plight of the dutchman with the long list of injuries he has had to endure this season. Despite these issues, he has not made any complaints about the lack of funds or support from the club. Just wait for Mou and you'll see what I mean.

My question is why wait? What can he possibly do to make a meaningful contribution? Youth development? Can he not perform this function as a technical director? With Conte and Pep coming in, it will be a battle of wits among the elite managers of the world and it's happening in England.

With the players we have, Mou will take more than a season to settle in. Give this bloke his chance but just prepare the cheque book.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides, my opinion that Carrick's shd not be renewed stays, what with his non-inspirational play yet again:(

You can't blame Carrick alone. As RA correctly pointed out, the entire team was flat after the first 15 minutes. Fatigue?Probably. I watched City/Real clash, it was quite shocking to see the way City players performed. With the exception of Otamendi, the rest were sleep walking throughout the 90 minutes.
Methinks the best team in the competition went out on away goals in the semifinals.