• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My father told me, he shivered on the parade square when he saw these 2 men during NS

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: My father told me, he shivered on the parade square when he saw these 2 men durin

During his prime, if you send Tiger Hong on course for any of the siong vocation like commandoes or armour, he would not last 3 days. Only on the parade ground he was tough.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: My father told me, he shivered on the parade square when he saw these 2 men durin

Their uniforms are conspicuously absent of many medals. I suppose this means they contributed little to their own military careers besides yelling at people on the parade square or various drill ceremonies. Look at this general here. He's loaded with medals.

desmond-kuek1.jpg

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

desmond-kuek1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Very Impressive, been to how many wars?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Their uniforms are conspicuously absent of many medals. I suppose this means they contributed little to their own military careers besides yelling at people on the parade square or various drill ceremonies. Look at this general here. He's loaded with medals.

desmond-kuek1.jpg

Nothing unique about his medals as they are just a collection of courses and years of service rendered.
Any old time general in North Korea can easily beat him hands down.

north-korean-medals.jpg

stuffycunt

Alfrescian
Loyal

useless fake soldiers. last time i ever challenge a csm to fight just before rod and he balls shrink suddenly act damn nice.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

.... He's loaded with medals....

Ask any old ah peks in the kopi tiam about these medals and they would say, they look like the flattened bottle caps which you can buy in Sungei Road....

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tiger Hong ever seen action? Been to war? Shot someone or been shot at? If not, he is no soldier. Only a farking dog barking...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

During his prime, if you send Tiger Hong on course for any of the siong vocation like commandoes or armour, he would not last 3 days. Only on the parade ground he was tough.

A real hero doesn't live on past glories.
And these 2 not much glory to speak of.....their reputations built on naviety, fear and ignorance of young men back then entering NS for first time.
I'll rather honor those old timers who seen or died in action during confrontasi

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These 2 old men are honored like old school principals.

They have played their parts in their heydays.

Although none of them had ever been to war, they did learn a thing or two about army discipline and brought it to bear on the soldiers at parade square. They did their job.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal

i remember tiger hong's story about how he greeted an officer in safti, the officer no hue him, he chased after the officer and told him off in the face that he greeted him, the officer lan lan, greeted him back. normally, old soldiers very egoistic one although he appear to be a good soldier.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

desmond-kuek1.jpg

PAP Press has a "Public Services Division", see credit for the photo. Wah lau, the only paper in the developed world that has a propaganda division!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Both men have retired from the army... you can tell your father there is no need to shiver with fear anymore.

Never be haunted by past fears. War is over.

Go tell your father to go up to Tiger Hong and Shamudin and shake their hands to bury the past.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

10988269_856650907761503_1326442884439574228_o.jpg

CPT (Ret) Shamsudin bin Shadan (left) was the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) of 1 SIR and the Parade RSM of the very first NDP in 1966. CPT (Ret) Hong Seng Mak (right), better known as Tiger Hong, was well-known as a strict disciplinarian during his time as a Company Sergeant Major and an RSM at SAFTI Military Institute.

Ha ha!! On the left look like a Pachik from Changi Village selling nasi lenmak and on the extreme right look like opposition voter uncle from Ponggol void deck, how he look like a Tiger during 1966 I just wonder??

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both men have retired from the army... you can tell your father there is no need to shiver with fear anymore.

Never be haunted by past fears. War is over.

Go tell your father to go up to Tiger Hong and Shamudin and shake their hands to bury the past.

Those are nothing compared to James Aeria.