• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman: Beneficial For Sinkies To Have Dominant PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
11698691_927406227320710_4097337338569032396_n-577x480.jpg

Tharman says that having a dominant party in politics is beneficial.

We beg to differ.

It is good only if the Party achieves its dominant position through free and democratic contest, with its candidates selected purely on merit or based on genuine desire to serve the people and put to the test and evaluated fully by the people.

In other words: [read as 'Opposition bullshit!': JohnTan]

No cronyism
No GRCs
No principal private secretaries of Lee Hsien Loong or LKY
No media control to the ruling Party’s advantage
No partisan PA
No partisan Civil Service
No pork barrel funded by taxpayers
No discriminatory treatment against opposition wards
No politically repressive action against critics using ISA or lawsuits.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/07/04/tharman-beneficial-to-have-a-dominant-party-in-politics/

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
11698691_927406227320710_4097337338569032396_n-577x480.jpg

Tharman says that having a dominant party in politics is beneficial.

We beg to differ.

It is good only if the Party achieves its dominant position through free and democratic contest, with its candidates selected purely on merit or based on genuine desire to serve the people and put to the test and evaluated fully by the people.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/07/04/tharman-beneficial-to-have-a-dominant-party-in-politics/

such rare insight ! i can only agree with u.
we are ranked number one in survey on election system.
we are free to change electoral boundary , form grc
increase deposit required when necessary to encourage more participants,
the election dept happened to be part of the government to ensure fairness is enforced.
we are velly democratic , citizens can form political party and stand for election
[ if they manage to fill up the required form and come up with the large amount of deposit].
government don't force people to stand for election , they can opt out ,
unlike some other schemes like life insurance.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A dominant Pay and Pay, always trying to scare the wits out of timid Sinkies with non-existent or worse self-created "threats", is indeed good for Sillyporeans. No, I haven't lost my temper in forty years, I won't belt that Botak Ah Neh in the mouth ........ the hell I won't!

[video=youtube;o3343LUHNb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3343LUHNb4[/video]

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
tat shiny head better get back those $10bln loan to IMF who loan it to Greece first before he talk more cock.