• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greek Ah-Pek Crying Because Greece Is Broke! Wishing For PAP-type of Government!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thessaloniki (Greece) (AFP) - Retiree Giorgos Chatzifotiadis had queued up at three banks in Greece's second city of Thessaloniki on Friday in the hope of withdrawing a pension on behalf of his wife, but all in vain.

When he was told at the fourth that he could not withdraw his 120 euros ($133), it was all too much and he collapsed in tears.

f610129ce7b0eb56b5f6120f7530d1ed90ffc571.jpg

The 77-year-old told AFP that he had broken down because he "cannot stand to see my country in this distress".

"That's why I feel so beaten, more than for my own personal problems," Chatzifotiadis said.

The image of him sitting outside the bank, openly crying in despair with his savings book and identity card on the floor, was captured by an AFP photographer illustrating how ordinary Greeks are suffering during the country's debt crisis.

Athens had imposed capital controls and shut all banks since Monday to stem a haemorrhage of cash, but on Wednesday allowed some branches to reopen for three days so retirees who have no bank cards could withdraw their pensions -- capped at 120 euros.

Recounting how he had gone from bank to bank in a futile attempt to collect his wife's pension, Chatzifotiadis said when he was told at the fourth "that I could not get the money, I just collapsed".

Both he and his wife, like many Greeks in the north of the country, had spent several years in Germany where he "worked very hard" in a coal mine and later a foundry.

And it is from Berlin, which is being blamed by many in Greece for its hardline stance in demanding the government impose more austerity measures for fresh international aid, that Chatzifotiadis is receiving his wife's pension.

"I see my fellow citizens begging for a few cents to buy bread. I see more and more suicides. I am a sensitive person. I can not stand to see my country in this situation," he said.

"Europe and Greece have made mistakes. We must find a solution," he added.

But Chatzifotiadis feels he can do little to change the situation, and he is not even sure if he would be able to vote at Sunday's referendum on whether to accept international creditors' bailout conditions.

European leaders have warned that a 'No' vote would also mean no to the eurozone.

Pointing out that the polling station is 80 kilometres (50 miles) away, Chatzifotiadis said: "I have no money to go there, unless perhaps if my children would take me in their car."

http://news.yahoo.com/crying-greek-pensioner-story-behind-poignant-photo-003339650.html

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is what will happen to you when you get a dose of really bad government. Still dare to vote for WP? Don't be a moron, okay? Be rationale and wise. Don't tikam-tikam or treat voting like some circus show.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what will happen to you when you get a dose of really bad government. Still dare to vote for WP? Don't be a moron, okay? Be rationale and wise. Don't tikam-tikam or treat voting like some circus show.

We already have a bad government ...our cupboards are bare ...the difference between Greece and Sinkapore is that the former is transparent while the government here hides everything. The little we know shows how desperate our government is for revenue.

Where in the world is there a leader that will tell its people to spurn work-life balance? Only in Sinkapore.
Where in the world is there a retirement funds that pay negative real returns? Only in Sinkapore.
Where in the world is there a public housing scheme that sells subsidized housing that is half a million dollars when median disposable income is $1700!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is the exact reason we must vote against the PAP.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody mentioned about the good old days when greece over borrowed by misleading financial institution and had a good time spending their euros.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nobody mentioned about the good old days when greece over borrowed by misleading financial institution and had a good time spending their euros.

You should be thankful that our PAP leaders are honest and upright. They insist on honesty and integrity and wear white to prove their point. Our books are clean and we have lots of money, none of it embezzled away by corrupt politicians like what we see in most asiatic, african and even ang mo countries.

Be thankful we have the PAP!

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should be thankful that our PAP leaders are honest and upright. They insist on honesty and integrity and wear white to prove their point. Our books are clean and we have lots of money, none of it embezzled away by corrupt politicians like what we see in most asiatic, african and even ang mo countries.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Your presence here has made me feel redundant and useless. You have stolen my thunder and usurped my previously unchallenged position as defender of the PAP and champion of government policy.

I am truly a broken man.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your presence here has made feel me redundant and useless. You have stolen my thunder and usurped my previously unchallenged position as defender of the PAP and champion of government policy.

I am truly a broken man.

I am just a humble grassroots person. So honoured by Boss Sam's compliments.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Debt per person corresponds to the our rising CPF min sum!!

Ah roy your questions have been answered!!

Gahmen borrows our money, invests it with the Warren-Buffet skill and makes enough money to pay us a GUARANTEED 2.5% annual return on our cpf. So far, our G has always delivered. Payroll is made every month. I don't understand why you are getting your panties in a bunch. We are not Greece or USA or Zimbabwe.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gahmen borrows our money, invests it with the Warren-Buffet skill and makes enough money to pay us a GUARANTEED 2.5% annual return on our cpf. So far, our G has always delivered. Payroll is made every month. I don't understand why you are getting your panties in a bunch. We are not Greece or USA or Zimbabwe.

as usual, telling only 1/2 the story....
gahmen borrow our $$ and loan back to us with interest.... sinkies are indeed screwed downside up